Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-08-2014, 09:21 AM   #46
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Fast Passes, Four D Fun & Festival of Fantasy

Having had an amazing time with the princesses we had now used every one of our pre-booked fast passes. I had checked the map before the trip to make sure I knew were the nearest kiosk was to pick up a new one. Luckily, it was right outside the door of Fairy Tale Hall at PhilHarMagic. Yay, 4th FP!

We wondered over and were greeted by a CM with a tablet who looked grateful for something to do. He asked for one ticket and then asked what we wanted passes for. Then he stopped smiling and started looking confused. Then he tried a different ticket still no dice. We weren't too worried, but I wanted to do PhilHarMagic before the 3pm parade.

He had to get another CM. This man reminded me of a superhero. He was imposing, confident and very friendly. He took over asking "Who's in the hotel room with you?" WHAT??

We told him we didn't have a room. He lost his for a minute in favor of as well. Then he laughed and exclaimed "I was looking at the SEPT trip!!"

Dsis and I exchanged worried glance and gave him the big-eyes-shut-up-about-that-before-you-ruin-her-birthday-surprise-face. I'm 80% sure she didn't notice. Then he got us our Buzz Lightyear FPs for after the parade and we were off to PhilHarMagic!

It was still sunny and about 84degrees and the air conditioning was on inside so RR wrapped herself in the towel I brought while we waited for the show to start. It was a walk on or walk in...but we paused to read the posters on the way

We loved it as always and couldn't help but sing along. So fun! Then we marched out into what was still a sunny afternoon, but some serious clouds were rolling in I told Dsis to head to the wheelchair seating in front of the Walt statue. She said something about the parade and a CM walking by was shaking his head and announcing that it was going to storm We asked if the parade was still happening and he gave us a decisive shake of the head.

No Festival of Fantasy today Plan B more rides!!
FINAL UPDATE ADDED March/April 2014 TR Uphill on a Flat Tire in the Poring Rain and it's Still Magic
First Family Disney Cruise 2/13/2015 PTR: A Dream (Cruise) is a Wish Your Heart Makes!!

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-10-2014 at 08:33 AM.
ElsasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 01:15 PM   #47
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

It's Geography Lesson Time

With the parade canceled we did an about face from our towards the castle trajectory and ducked into the line for It's A Small World.

Dsis remarked that the only thing she remembered about this one from when she was a kid was that it went on for HOURS LOL

I told her that IMO it's way more interesting as an adult. You know the countries and can appreciate the art that went into making it a lot more.

Here we go on our boat trip around the world! We decided to name as many countries as we could and then almost immediately felt like tools for not being able to identify some right at the beginning.

This is my favorite part of small world! You get that giant Don Quixote!
Do you think Sancho's expression means he's worried about this or in awe? Either way I love it.

RR's school taught her some basic Greek this year which was fun for the end of the ride with the signs, but she couldn't identify anything in the Greece section.

I told her the names of the countries I was sure of and pointed out anything I found interesting and eventually the people in the row in front of us turned sideways to listen! Again honorary CM right here!

When we floated into the white room I said "This is my favorite, when all the children from around the world dance together. World Peace." Dsis and RR started clapping!

I found the order of the countries on a Disboards thread, in case anyone wants a cheat sheet for their next trip around the world (I should study it and impress DH on our next family trip):

"SCENE 1:
-Scandinavia/Sweden/Norway
-Denmark
-England
-Scotland
-Ireland
-Belgium
-Holland
-France
-Germany
-Spain
-Italy
-Switzerland

SCENE 2:
-Greece
-Russia
-Israel
-Bali
-India
-China
-Japan

SCENE 3:
-Egypt
-Various "Jungle" nations (South Africa, Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda, etc.)

SCENE 4:
-Antarctica
-Chile
-Brazil
-Central America
-Mexico
-The South American Rainforests

SCENE 5:
-South Pacific
-Hawaii
-Australia
-Various Polynesian Islands

SCENE 6:
-The Grand Finale"

After our journey it was still but it would turn out to be the last moments of sun that day. We stopped in front of those castle-esque wall deals and asked a man waiting on a bench to take our picture. He was happy to help! He was an extremely friendly Aussie who checked each picture and didn't mind re-shooting a few times. He was like "No worries! I'd just be sitting here anyway."

Yay! Cute Disney pictures are the best. As we packed up the camera the rain started. You can see the people donning ponchos in the background.

Now being a FL native and a theme park frequenter I am staunchly anti-poncho. We were even joking about how we were too tough for that poncho stuff (until later in the day when we ate those words in the down pour!).
FINAL UPDATE ADDED March/April 2014 TR Uphill on a Flat Tire in the Poring Rain and it's Still Magic
First Family Disney Cruise 2/13/2015 PTR: A Dream (Cruise) is a Wish Your Heart Makes!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2014, 10:29 PM   #48
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Rain & Mermiads

We decided to head towards Ariel (again). Just as we started walking the rain came.

We laughed as we dodged poncho-clad families on our now all too familiar route to Ariel's Grotto. Apparently everyone in the park decided seeing our favorite red-haired siren was the thing to do during the storm. At this point we didn't care how long the line was we were going to see Ariel! Yay, mermaid visiting!

We dried off once we were in the main part of the line and RR made the towel in an accessory a few times, silly girl!

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that with the longest line of the day came some line drama, but it IS the happiest place on Earth , so get with the program people! A little over halfway through the line poor DSis had to run back to the bathroom. I wasn't worried it was looking like we had plenty of time Then as we made the final turn the people two groups in front us had an altercation with someone in front of them. I couldn't hear much of what was going on and the next time I looked they were gone, weird Then I got a series of texts from DSis:

"Can't get back in " & "Where are you guys?"
"We're against the wall." & "Why not?"

By the time I thought to ask her why she couldn't get back in DSis appeared and I waved her over. Apparently, she went to the exit assuming we were done. Then it was almost our turn! Oddly enough, the family that had been two groups ahead and then vanished was back and now directly in front of us and super apologetic. Weird.

I reassured them that everything was fine that I remembered them and it was fine if they went ahead of us. Eventually they stopped apologizing and starting getting excited to see Ariel!

Ariel was amazing as usual. She helped RR up, to sit next to her. Ariel greeted her like she'd been waiting all day to see her! It was adorable. When I joined them Ariel told RR they'd swim her to her other side. RR patted her tail affectionately it was super sweet. We all talked and laughed a lot. After we took a few pictures we let RR have a moment and she sang "Part of Your World" to Ariel!! Ariel told her she had a "lovely voice."

Last edited by ElsasMom; 05-13-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 11:09 AM   #49
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Off to the Soggy Future

Now, my tire was still flat and the rain was coming down hard We ran from covering to covering all the way to our Space Ranger Duty! It was Buzz Lightyear FP time. Woohoo! RR & DSis had never been on this one before. When we came over the summer I made the mistake of saving Tomorrow Land for last and we had a long day of travel and navigating the park and it was raining that day too so DH had ruled that we skipped it and head out. So, I fully intended to enjoy rainy Tomorrow Land today!

Yay Buzz!

While we were waiting the chipper CM gave RR a Buzz Lightyear sticker. She was thrilled. We waited for the wheelchair car, which was pretty cool. I've always transferred in the past. RR sat in the seat next to me and DSis got the car behind us to herself.

At first we were all super excited about being able to spin ourselves! So excited we kind of missed the instructions...oops We got with the program pretty quickly. DSis spun and laughed more then she took out any of Zurg's minions.

When we got to the end the downpour had decreased the line to a slow trickle so our CM friend asked if we'd like to go again. WHAT?!? Score. Heck yeah we did!

This time DSis got serious! She grabbed a hold of both guns and showed those galactic bad guys no mercy!

I know it's a horrible picture, but it's hilarious! I wish I had video of her the first time "I'm just gonna spin!" and then the second time all business!

To Infinity & Beyond!
Old 05-18-2014, 11:11 PM   #50
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Cats & Dogs! Aliens & Monsters.

I hope I haven't lost everyone because I'm nearing the end of this: my first ever TR YAY! and also Boo!

We should have deduced from the poncho clad huddle in the door of the gift shop you exit the Buzz ride through that it was gonna be bad We decided to pop in next store at The Monster's Inc Laugh Floor

I didn't get pictures because it was massively raining and my camera was wrapped in a towel in the bottom of my bag for its protection. We got inside toweled off and broke out the snacks.

DSis shared the Rainbow Quinoa she brought. It was tasty, but super garlic-ly. RR had some goldfish crackers. They kept announcing that you could text your jokes for the show. I thought about it the whole time we were in line and my brain was pretty much a blank. The only joke that came to my lame Mom brain was:
"What's brown and sticky"
"A stick."
(is my hanging out with 4yrs olds obvious?)
I didn't text it in.

The show was cute. I can't wait for the boys to see it. RR's big brother will love it. My favorite joke submitted was:
"How does Batman's mom call him for dinner?"
"Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner. Dinner Dinner Dinner Dinner, Batman!" (to the tune of the theme song).
Still laughing (and sharing that joke with 4yrs)

It was still POURING. CATS & DOGS but we were right there and the wait time was non-existent so we powered through some more cold rain to Stitch's Great Escape

I was a big fan of this when it was "Alien Encounter." I remember waiting in line for an hour on my 8th grade field trip to ride it for the first time. I loved Skippy! So, I was thrilled to see he was still hanging around.

Both my kids LOVE Stitch! I knew however "scary" this deal was RR would love it anyway because she's not afraid of Stitch

When Stitch started causing trouble RR piped up "Oh! Stitch is gonna be in big trouble!" It was hilarious. Plus when he sneezed on us RR exclaimed "Eww!" and then laughed her little head off

Two in a row we have to get the boys on next time. Good stuff! Next post will have pictures, I promise.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:35 PM   #51
MHSweb79
DIS Veteran

Just piping in to say I've enjoyed this TR enormously. My little girl is now out of college so time sure does fly! She was 4 on her first trip and yesterday I took a good look at the photo collage on the wall with pictures of her with Pocahontas and Meeko, her favorite character from the movie. (Little Mermaid came a bit later, I think.) I hadn't really looked at them in years.

Enjoy this time - pretty soon she'll be all grown up and you'll really treasure those pictures with the Little Mermaid.
MHSweb79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #52
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHSweb79 View Post
Just piping in to say I've enjoyed this TR enormously. My little girl is now out of college so time sure does fly! She was 4 on her first trip and yesterday I took a good look at the photo collage on the wall with pictures of her with Pocahontas and Meeko, her favorite character from the movie. (Little Mermaid came a bit later, I think.) I hadn't really looked at them in years.

Enjoy this time - pretty soon she'll be all grown up and you'll really treasure those pictures with the Little Mermaid.
Oh, I believe you. I can't believe my tiny baby is turning 5 this year I'm really grateful that when she's all grown up I'll have this beautiful Disney pictures to look back on.

DH pointed out that some day soon RR will be DS age (11) and she won't even remember going on this trip. I was sad for a moment and then I said "That's why we have pictures!"

A long time ago I decided that's what parenting is: being with a smaller human every day and then seeing a picture of them and realizing how much time went by while you were busy with the day to day.
Old 05-24-2014, 02:46 PM   #53
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

In Search or Sweets & Shelter!

Dessert Quest
Like I said the quinoa DSis and I shared in line for the Laugh Floor was good, but very garlic-y. So now I needed something sweet.

I REALLY wanted one of those monster rice krispie treats with the toppings. After trying unsuccessfully to find them on the map we started ducking in and out of restaurants checking dessert options.

When I got home I Google-d it and realized those are in DTD, sigh...

I just wasn't feeling ice cream, it could have been that I was soaking wet with rain water...

After coming to the edge of Tomorrow Land we found a little place, Cheshire Cafe, that had cake cups, perfect! The rain had even let up enough to sit at a damp umbrella table outside.

The debate was on...Ride the Teacups NOW and then eat cake? Or Eat cake now and then ride Teacups?!?! DSis tried to convince me to ride the teacups first, but I was adamant that is was cake time!

I ordered a "White Rabbit White Chocolate Cake Cup"

Is that not adorable? It was delicious! We all shared it, it was super filling.

And the minute we took the last bite...the skies opened up again worse than before. That driving rain that's kind of painful when it hits your skin . Oops, I guess we should have done Teacups and then cake...

Worse than that, we were trapped! This tiny cafe was basically a cart, a hand full of tables in the open and a few tables under a small covering. You could see the teacups across a few feet of open space and the back door to Cosmic Rays (which doesn't open). There was nowhere to go...

We huddled under the covering for awhile considering...
Old 07-21-2014, 09:31 AM   #54
ElsasMom
Mouseketeer

Time for a Spin!

Anyone for Teeeeeeeeaaaa?!?

We made a break for it through a wall of water, cold water . Now we were sorry we didn't have a poncho. We ran until we were pressed up against the gate surrounding the tea cups where there's a bit of shelter. For several minutes we just tried to stay out of the way of people exiting. We were dazed and cold.

When we came to our senses we realize we were NOT at the entrance. Boo! When we asked a CM her curt reply was "You have to go around!" before she vanished again.

Don't get me wrong I'm not an entitled person who goes around demanding special treatment, but these were extenuating circumstances! It was POURING not raining, POURING. We had no ponchos, umbrellas or even long sleeves. I'm on wet wheels and there's less than 10 people in the line. She could have let us cut through while the ride was stopped.

DSis and I debated for a while, teeth chattering. We decided it wasn't worth walking the circumference of the gate and getting drenched. RR was beyond heart broken. Normally when a tired, wet 4yr who has just had an amazing Disney day demands something my instinct is to get the heck outta there, but I honestly couldn't let it stand.

I wasn't asking for cuts, I just wanted to take a short cut or borrow an umbrella or something. I told DSis we couldn't end the day like this. We flagged the same CM down (now about 10min had passed since the first time). Not only was she amenable to letting us cut through, she told us to just hope on! Magic!!

We got to stay on too! When the ride stopped there were fewer teacups than people in line (Note there's about 4-5 groups in line behind us and at least 2 empty teacups) so we got to go three times in a row! Oh, the dizzy!! If you've never ridden the teacups during a rainstorm I highly recommend it.

See Ya Real Soon!

We bid ado to the mad tea party and ran from the ride to some covering at a restaurant (I think it was Cosmic Rays). We were gonna go in, but we where at the wrong doors of course! So, we kept running from covering to covering towards Main Street.

We debating popping in on Talking Mickey while there was no line, but DSis was afraid it would be air conditioned and we'd freeze (although the spinning dried us a bit we still looked like we fell in a pool). Maybe next time Mickey

We dashed out the gate waving to the poncho clad CM's and then RR remembered we were supposed to return to BTMRR! I explained that it wasn't a good idea in this horrible storm, but she was bummed. She was sad for about five whole minutes. Then we climbed into the car cranked up the heat and changed into dry clothes.

This was RR before we left the parking lot. Passed out in dry clothes with Pascal in one hand and a little golden book of Cinderella face down on her lap.

THE END

Tags
animal kingdom, disability, epcot, florida residents, magic kingdom

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: