Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2014, 10:11 PM   #31
pookadoo77
Mouseketeer

I am not sure what causes my sons difficulties, I do know so far he is diagnosed from his psychologist to have Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. He has social issues and is a bit much for most kids, sadly for him. I also have another son with extreme ADHD, and a little almost 4 y.o. red headed boy (think fiery & loud). I loved the suggestions about taking breaks etc... in this post! Thanks! I will be subscribing...
I am in SC too..

Me, DH, Mom, DS 10, DS 9, DS 3

(Upcoming) Disney World Summer 2015, Universal Studios Orlando 2013, Universal Studios Orlando 2011, Disney World 2010,
Disney World 2007,Universal Studios Orlando 1996, Disney World 1992, Disney World 1989 (performer), Sea World Orlando 1988 (performer),Disney World 1987 (performer), Disney World 1982
pookadoo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #32
greenjellybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by opusone View Post
So, I showed my wife your post above to thank her, and the funny part is that she completely forgot about her own blog post. Now, hopefully I can convince her to post some of her other ideas/thoughts/reflections. Anyway, I wanted you to know that I did pass on your thanks.

Any more news on your MAW trip?
Thank you so much for telling her! She absolutely should consider posting more (this is coming from someone who obviously has NO idea of what her schedule is like ). I wasn't being flattering when I said I thought it was well written. It was clearly well thought out, words were carefully chosen and she was great about flowing from one point to the next. Well done IMHO.

No news yet from MAW. Although I did ask about extending our trip on our dime by three days (just to give us a little rest before heading home and going back to the real world) and I got the impression that I committed a big No No. The MAW contact wasn't ugly, but I got the clear impression that I was asking too much. I did send an email to make sure I was clear when I said it was to be at our cost if they were willing to extend and apologized for suggesting it if I stepped out of bounds. I would NEVER do anything if I thought for one second I was jeopardizing Sophie's wish.

DH (Scott) Me (Jenni) DD (Savannah age 11) Wish kid (Sophie age 8) or Depending on her mood.

greenjellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2014, 10:38 PM   #33
greenjellybean
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookadoo77 View Post
I am not sure what causes my sons difficulties, I do know so far he is diagnosed from his psychologist to have Anxiety Disorder and ADHD. He has social issues and is a bit much for most kids, sadly for him. I also have another son with extreme ADHD, and a little almost 4 y.o. red headed boy (think fiery & loud). I loved the suggestions about taking breaks etc... in this post! Thanks! I will be subscribing...
I am in SC too..
Well hey fellow Palmetto Girl, Pookadoo77! I'm so sorry to hear the difficulties you and your family have been dealing with. It hurts the heart something awful when your children seem to be shunned by others, doesn't it? With three boys, I'm thinking you must have the patience of a saint!

DH (Scott) Me (Jenni) DD (Savannah age 11) Wish kid (Sophie age 8) or Depending on her mood.

greenjellybean is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: