Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 PM   #10
The Hunchback
Earning My Ears

My tips for scooter use at WDW

I have used a scooter at WDW for 5 years and visit twice a year. Over the years I have learned the following.

1. Check the roll out speed on the scooter someplace at the resort where there is little traffic. Some scooters stop quickly. Other will roll up to 2 feet after you release the accelerator. Stay in slow speed all of the first day.
2, Start your visit at EPCOT. It has the widest and least traveled walkways.
3. Use the scooter as transportation. Park it with the strollers and walk to several attractions if possible. You will get stiff if you stay on it all day. I use a cane when walking for balance.
4. Stay on the sidewalk at MK Main street. If you fall in the streetcar tracks, you are stuck and it takes several people to lift an ECV out of the tracks.
5. You will hit someone when they step in front of you. Just say sorry and move on. Large mass moving tour groups are the biggest danger. Pull over to right and stop is you see one coming.
6. Get a set of lighted mouse ears and something that blinks for the rear of the scooter. Night time is wonderful at the parks but others are weary and will not see you otherwise.
7. Have as much fun as you can. The first day will be tough but it gets easier as your experience grows on the scooter.
The Hunchback is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: