Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2014, 04:30 AM   #1
lovetogowdw
Mouseketeer

Any grocery shopping service at Trader Joe's?

I've seen reports that Trader Joe's is opening in the area today. We buy many gluten free products there and I'd really like to find a grocery shopping service that will visit there. Anyone found one yet?
lovetogowdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
girlswithbows
Earning My Ears

Trader Joes is one of my favorite places. A great place to find healthy good foods at reasonable prices. The freezer section is the best.
girlswithbows is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #3
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetogowdw
I've seen reports that Trader Joe's is opening in the area today. We buy many gluten free products there and I'd really like to find a grocery shopping service that will visit there. Anyone found one yet?

WeGoShop will go to whichever store you request. I haven't used them in several years (haven't needed a shopping service) but I was very pleased with their service when I used them in 2008.
Maggie'sMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
Michigan
Mom of the Rolling Crew

Location: Westland, MI in the summer Clermont, FL in the Winter

The new Trader Joe's opening today in central Florida is in Winter Park 25 miles from Disney.
Old 06-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #5
lovetogowdw
Mouseketeer

Thanks all. Hadn't realized just how far away it was! I did try WeGoShop and it sounds like they are still analyzing it, but will go there for a trip fee (probably $10) and a re-bag fee (probably $10). I didn't understand the re-bag fee, but it sounds like this particular Trader Joe's charges for bags and does not bag your groceries. (At my local Trader Joe's the staff bags your groceries and there is no charge for bags.)
lovetogowdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:38 PM   #6
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

You should check out Orlando Theme Park Shoppers. They are a smaller grocery delivery service who specializes in shopping for those on special diets. My family has many food intolerances, including a gluten allergy. We used them in May and absolutely loved their service. They shopped at several different stores including Whole Foods. I sent then a very specific list of what I wanted and they sent me an estimate within 24 hours which was my exact price. You can email them any questions. Thry delivered to bell services at French quarter the morning we arrived.
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

And I should mention orlando theme park shoppers was almost $20 less than the bigger chain delivery service! For the same food ( and better!) we even got fresh deli meat from whole foods in our order!
firstwdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: