Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-26-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
BrownHP800
Mouseketeer

Question on using wheelchair in parks

Hello. We are looking into a vacation in Feb 2015 and would like to take my mother-in-law with us. She recently had a mild stroke and has a little trouble getting around. Some days are better than others. Now she won't like the idea but I think having a wheel chair would be the best. For the most part she can probably stand in the regular queue with the rest of us. Just a couple of rides that would be a bit of a problem. If I remember correctly, Splash Mountain has steps correct? She may have a little trouble climbing the steps. I guess they have an alternate entrance and we could just use that?

My other question is would it be better to rent from an offsite company? We would be staying on property. She would not need the chair to get in and out of the Disney transportation but I am a little concerned about the distance from the bus stops to where you can rent the wheel chair. Especially places like Epcot and AK where it can be quite a long walk. I guess it is not a big deal to fold up a wheel chair and take it on the bus/boat transportation?

Thanks for any insight you can provide.
BrownHP800 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: