DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #16
CMOORE185
HH 240 Points, SSR 260 Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by *pixie* View Post
Well, I found another contract that didn't have as many current points, therefore less MF. I contacted the agent and said I would like to make an offer of $5 less a point, seller pay closing, buyer pay MF.

I was told my PP offer was a good starting point (yay!), but that it wasn't a typical negotiation to have the seller pay closing.

This is going to be a long, exhausting process!
I made a similar offer when we bought our resale points. They ended up accepting my offer except asked to split the closing costs, I agreed to this. As others said, everything is negotiable, so I disagree with agent on the negotiation of closing costs.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #17
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well, I found another contract that didn't have as many current points, therefore less MF. I contacted the agent and said I would like to make an offer of $5 less a point, seller pay closing, buyer pay MF.

I was told my PP offer was a good starting point (yay!), but that it wasn't a typical negotiation to have the seller pay closing.

This is going to be a long, exhausting process!
Make the offer YOU are comfortable with, not the agent. They get their commission either way. They are 100% incorrect to say it is not typical to have the seller pay closing. It really does not matter to the seller at all how it is structured as long as the total amount in their pocket is acceptable to them.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #18
ncurley
Earning My Ears

It is in the broker's best interest for YOU the buyer to pay the closing costs since the buyer would be more likely to accept that offer. Therefore it might speed up the process for them brokering the deal. (Less back and forth).

If you are in a rush to book a trip by a certain date and can afford to pay closing costs, it might make sense to do that. If you are in no rush and just looking for a good deal then why not at least try to negotiate? My 2 cents since I have not yet bought into DVC but that is how I have been thinking in terms of the offer process.
ncurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #19
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

We put in an offer this morning of $5 less PP and seller pays closing.

So, I check the new listings just a little bit ago, and guess what? That contract has been relisted, asking for $2 more PP than the original listing, lol.

Somehow, I don't think we will end up with this contract.

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #20
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We put in an offer this morning of $5 less PP and seller pays closing.

So, I check the new listings just a little bit ago, and guess what? That contract has been relisted, asking for $2 more PP than the original listing, lol.

Somehow, I don't think we will end up with this contract.
As everyone has said, dont be afraid to deal. We are currently waiting on a SSR200 that was listed at 80, it had the UY we wanted but there was no way I was paying that. So I called the agent and tossed a number of 62 and split closing and MF. Was I floored when they came back with a yes. You never know, cast the line enough times and you will get a bite. Now to try and pass ROFR. Time will tell, but the seller is happy his contract is sold one way or the other. Remember you never know why someone is selling.
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #21
*pixie*
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort1331 View Post
As everyone has said, dont be afraid to deal. We are currently waiting on a SSR200 that was listed at 80, it had the UY we wanted but there was no way I was paying that. So I called the agent and tossed a number of 62 and split closing and MF. Was I floored when they came back with a yes. You never know, cast the line enough times and you will get a bite. Now to try and pass ROFR. Time will tell, but the seller is happy his contract is sold one way or the other. Remember you never know why someone is selling.
Wow, that is great!

2013 - Alaska on the Wonder
2012 - BC, Eastern on the Fantasy, and Poly
2010 - AKL, MNSSHP, and the Wonder
2008 - Pop and MVMCP
*pixie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:14 AM   #22
Minniesgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We put in an offer this morning of $5 less PP and seller pays closing. So, I check the new listings just a little bit ago, and guess what? That contract has been relisted, asking for $2 more PP than the original listing, lol. Somehow, I don't think we will end up with this contract.
Maybe not but you know what there are always more sellers and more contracts. Goos luck
Minniesgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #23
Cheeky in TN
Counting down the days till the next trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by mort1331 View Post
Wow, I just had seller accept $69 on SSR200 and thought I was on the lower end. $62 is incredible.
March 2004 Coronado,October 2004 Pop, July 2005 OKW, May 2006 SSR, October 2006 Boardwalk, May 2007 Boardwalk ,November 2008 SSR, May 2010 BLT, May 2011 SSR, June 2012 Disney Cruise and SSR at WDW, June 2013 Beach Club!!!!, June 2014 Disney Cruise and Animal Kingdom Kidani Village!!
Cheeky in TN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #24
mort1331
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeky in TN View Post
Wow, I just had seller accept $69 on SSR200 and thought I was on the lower end. $62 is incredible.
we still have to get passed the dreaded ROFR wall, its a big one, just hope we can scale it., This is the first one I have agreed to split cost, we usually have seller pay both. But figured out with the whole price and maybe Disney wouldn't want to split, to give it a try.
mort1331 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: