Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2014, 08:11 PM   #31
Pats Dragon
DIS Veteran

Loved Apple on our 7 day trip in May. Like the convenience of having the scooter waiting for me and really like free insurance. My scooter never lost its charge even when i forgot to re charge it one day. I think you will probably be pleased if you use them. As others have said, don't fudge on the size you need in order to save money because if you are too heavy it will lose charge faster.

šOš WDW every year since 1971 šOš
Pats Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #32
Roxy13
Mouseketeer

We rented from Apple for 5/4-5/9/14. We ordered the larger scooters as we had a bad experience before with running out of battery way too soon. My husbands scooter was perfect, good condition and no problems the entire trip. Mine on the other hand was a mess, it had seen much better days. I kept running out of battery going only about 3 miles. I called and they came to park with a new battery and when the guy looked at my seat, and saw the rips and wobbly arm rests, he took his off and put it on mine. They were there within hour and a half, but we missed 2 FP+ and an ADR. Could not reschedule any of them.

Second day same thing, ran out of battery about 2 miles use, I called and told them no more repairs, I wanted another scooter, within hour and a half I had another scooter, again we missed ADR and one FP+ but unable to reschedule. The second scooter was in better condition and had no more problems. Would I rent again from them, no I won't, time is so critical with ADRs and FP+ to gamble with how scooters will operate. We've had 1 good rent and 2 bad rents, that's enough experience with them.
Roxy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #33
shrinkydinky
Disney Dreamer

Glad i found this thread. We are going in October and my sister and i had planned on using Apple. They looked to be the cheapest and have free insurance. But our big fear is the scooter pooping out and being stuck pushing it back to our hotel.

Is there a thread with reviews of all the scooter companies in the area? Or, can folks post their preferred scooter company here?
shrinkydinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:23 PM   #34
disneygma
Earning My Ears

I rented from Apple from 5/31/14 to 6/8/14 . This was my first time using a scooter. I picked up from Bell Services at Pop Century on the 31st about 9pm. I was told it was fully charged so did not plug it in that night.

The next day we went to Epcot and about an hour or two later I was trying to find somewhere to plug in because I lost all the green lights. We plug in at the land for a couple of hours.

That night we plugged it in and the next day we went to Animal Kingdom Within a couple of hours we had to find a outlet to charge it. We found one at Flame Tree BBQ. We charged it for awhile but when we tried to leave the battery went completely dead and my son-in-law had to push me to the bus stop. I was so embarrassed.

We took the bus back to Pop Century where I called Apple. The guy I talked to was rude telling me it was normal to have to charge the battery during the day. He told me someone would call me in a few minutes.

We didn't want to push it to our room so we went to bell services. Just then my phone rang and it was Apple. This guy was so nice . He said he was at Pop Century and would be at bell services in a few minutes. He was there right away and changed out the batteries. Fast and easy service.

The next day the scooter ran all day at Hollywood studios and the only problem I had was when I parked at Toy Story. When I came back the scooter wouldn't go in reverse or forward. I called Apple and found out what the problem was. easy fix and nice man. no problems the rest of the trip but the scooter had a rip on the arm rest and the seat needs to be tightened .

I am not sure it I will rent from them again or not. I saw a lot of Buena Vista rental scooters that were in better shape.
Dec 1-8 2008 Pop Century
Dec 15-23 2010 Nickelodean Hotel
Jan 2-7 2012 Pop Century Jan 7-14 2012 Norwegian cruise Jan 14-16 2012 Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 24-27 2012 Pop Century Solo trip MNSSHP
June 5-12 2013 Pop Century 24th anniversary Trip
May 31-june 8 2014 Pop Century 25th Anniversary Trip w whole family
August 4-8 2014 Fort wilderness campground with pop-up rented from Fort Camper Rental with daughter and grandson

disneygma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:28 PM   #35
ppony
Artist in residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgsgirl View Post
In Jan, I received a phone call from them saying they wanted to give me a discount for all my trouble. Sounded good! The email they sent requested that I register on the Disboards and write a review of Apple and then tell them my username in order to receive the discount.

O. M. G!

I don't need to hear a single other review after reading that. Holy smokes! THANK YOU for sharing that. That was bad bad BAD. Sort-of a modified extortion in my eyes. Who runs that joint that they'd even float that idea out there?!?! I'm just appalled.

ppony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:55 PM   #36
evaready51
A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!

We use Walker Mobility & they are outstanding...they did not pay me to write about them LOL!!
evaready51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 05:56 PM   #37
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppony View Post

O. M. G!

I don't need to hear a single other review after reading that. Holy smokes! THANK YOU for sharing that. That was bad bad BAD. Sort-of a modified extortion in my eyes. Who runs that joint that they'd even float that idea out there?!?! I'm just appalled.
Apple has been asking users to post reviews on the DIS boards for several months. If you do a search, you'll find a number of discussions about this.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: