DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #16
maggiegirl
Mouseketeer

OCT and DEC UY

Hello, thanks for all the answer this starts to give us some ideas! Our main UY is October but there so many more contracts on resale available for DEC UY it is very tempting. What do you think about owning OCT and DEC UY. We travel anytime, Summer, Fall/(oct/nov) and also during the very cold Canadian winters (Jan/Feb) Thanks!
maggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
gryfoxmama
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_op_2000 View Post
I have two contracts with different UYs at OKW. I just created a speardsheet and keep detailed records of which points/reservations are coming from which contract. I treat it like I have two separate memberships, the main reason for that is my latest one has both my adult DDs on the title name, and we use it for family trips.
Have AKV and BLT - four contracts and same use year.

In the ROFR for our first resale purchase of AKV but different UY
Would love a copy of your spreadsheet if you would share!
Trying to figure out how to manage the two UY.
gryfoxmama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2014, 03:01 PM   #18
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiegirl View Post
Hello, thanks for all the answer this starts to give us some ideas! Our main UY is October but there so many more contracts on resale available for DEC UY it is very tempting. What do you think about owning OCT and DEC UY. We travel anytime, Summer, Fall/(oct/nov) and also during the very cold Canadian winters (Jan/Feb) Thanks!
You will find posters who will say that they don't have a problem with multiple UY's and you will find some that have had problems and even sold contracts to go back to one UY.

Buyers need to weigh the facts, decide on plan that works for them and live with their decision.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:45 PM   #19
skier_pete
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandisw View Post
Would it be easier if they were one? Sure, but having a Dec and June UY does give me some options in terms of always having trips within the first 8 months which helps if I have to cancel or change--which I just had to do with my May trip since we are now heading to Taiwan in July for my son's wedding.

Having a Dec UY with my initial June UY, has allowed us to book those May trips and not worry about it.
Actually, I never thought of that, but that is a great advantage to having two separate UY!

I don't have anything particular to contribute to the thread since we just bought our first contract and while I would eventually like more points, it won't be for at least a few more years. However, my opinion is I don't think having two UY would be that bad with the banking, borrowing, linking reservations and 1 annual transfer allowed.

1971 - 1982 Many childhood trips May 1997 - Off-site w/ DGF (now DW) October 2000 - Off-site w/ DW - 1st AK
October 14-20,2006 - First on-site (POFQ), first w/ DD3 and DMIL. September 22-29, 2007 with freinds @ POFQ! August 23-31, 2008. Just us 3...dining for free!
December 12-20, 2009 - 40th Birthday trip! Trip Report April 20-25, 2010 - Short surprise trip for DD! Trip Report
October 15-25, 2010 @ AKL Trip Report!
November 11-20, 2011 - Free dining at CBR! PTR! and Trip Report
July/August 2012 Disneyland / Australia TripPTR "I choose to Be Amused" TR
The Disney Trifecta - a PTR for 2013. LINK Trip Reports - ABD: "A Fistful of Fastpasses" WDW: "For A Few Fastpasses More" DCL: "Once Upon a Time in the Carribean"

October 2014 Pre Trip Report- "Let us plan our Escape !" LINK
skier_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #20
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by skier_pete View Post
Actually, I never thought of that, but that is a great advantage to having two separate UY!

I don't have anything particular to contribute to the thread since we just bought our first contract and while I would eventually like more points, it won't be for at least a few more years. However, my opinion is I don't think having two UY would be that bad with the banking, borrowing, linking reservations and 1 annual transfer allowed.
Doesn't seem that bad until MS messes up your reservation because of a transfer or you make a mistake trying to keep everything straight. I have been there, done that and while multiple UY's may benefit some, for most members, IMO it isn't worth it.

Bill

disneynutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 03:32 PM   #21
DizGirl20
DIS Veteran

We have 2 UY, Feb and Oct. This year, I will use Oct points for my RunDisney events in Nov/Jan. I will use Feb points for Spring Break Family vacation. It makes it easier for me to compartmentalize my vacations this way!

Last edited by DizGirl20; 06-10-2014 at 09:58 PM.
DizGirl20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: