Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2014, 07:27 AM   #511
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
I totally forgot about Family Feud. It was just so-so if I recall. Joshua kept answering with *your mom* as the answer and other obnoxious 12 y/o boy answers. I'm sure I wasn't egging him on.

Love your photos and I want that pizza! It was SO good. We ate so much of it. I never made it inside the Cove Cafe.

Cute pic with Donald. Adorable. You don't look crazed, you look happy.

Stalker status? Never!

Ozzy was planning your bday dessert. Points for effort.

You loved those baked potatoes.

I think Parrot Cay is so festive and fun! Perfect for night.
Whenever I have that wide eyed smiley look I think I look crazed

Those baked potatoes were sooooo good! whoever was making them on the Fantasy needs to go get a lesson from the Wonder's cooks. I had one and did not repeat

That cute Josh, I loved that he got in the line with everybody

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:30 AM   #512
Pinkocto

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The two of you are really selling a cruise to me. Looks like you had a great time meandering.....and your favourite character is one of mine as well.

Was that soft serve a help-yourself kinda thing?
Cruising is so fabulous!!! Lots of people take meds and dont get sea sick. I hope one day you can try one.

That icecream was so creamy!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #513
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
I love your pirate costume!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky47 View Post
Yep - soft-serve is a help-yourself kinda thing
And its so good, it remind me of McDonald's ice cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
The two of you are really selling a cruise to me. Looks like you had a great time meandering.....and your favourite character is one of mine as well.

Was that soft serve a help-yourself kinda thing?

Its pretty neat. We just booked Mexico and I wasn't sure I'd book again. I think there are good meds available for sea sickness that won't make you drowsy too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
Whenever I have that wide eyed smiley look I think I look crazed

Those baked potatoes were sooooo good! whoever was making them on the Fantasy needs to go get a lesson from the Wonder's cooks. I had one and did not repeat

That cute Josh, I loved that he got in the line with everybody

The Wonder potato trumped the Fantasy potato? Don't tell the Fantasy folks.

He had fun. Took him a while to loosen up but once he did, he was good to go. Thank you for getting those photos.

Wide eyed and smiling is what Disney is all about!

Quote:
Cruising is so fabulous!!! Lots of people take meds and dont get sea sick. I hope one day you can try one.

That icecream was so creamy!

It was, wasn't it? I could have that and pizza right now and be elated!

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:30 PM   #514
GooniesAndy
Mouseketeer

Well, we did it. Booked for October 18 at this point. My sister thinks her family will come along, too, which would be so great! If that week doesn't work for them we may switch, but for now that is the one we did.

March 4-11, 2012, Mexican Riviera on the Wonder
Trip Report

GooniesAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #515
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
Well, we did it. Booked for October 18 at this point. My sister thinks her family will come along, too, which would be so great! If that week doesn't work for them we may switch, but for now that is the one we did.
Thats what I booked too!

Old 05-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #516
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Another great update Pam! Welcome back from your trip.

I guess I picked the wrong date in October if everyone is on the next week.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #517
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post

Darn, that would have been really fun to meet up! I think all 3 five nighters are going to sell out. Even with some rooms potentially on hold, things are moving quickly.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #518
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Darn, that would have been really fun to meet up! I think all 3 five nighters are going to sell out. Even with some rooms potentially on hold, things are moving quickly.

Tell me about it! I'm starting to panic as I haven't heard back from my TA about upgrading our 10/18 to a Cat 5. Verandas are already gone for the 10/4, I hear!

Loving your trip report!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:38 AM   #519
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Tell me about it! I'm starting to panic as I haven't heard back from my TA about upgrading our 10/18 to a Cat 5. Verandas are already gone for the 10/4, I hear! Loving your trip report! .

Thank you. You never know if people are really enjoying it or making fun of you.

Fingers crossed for your Cat 5.

Last edited by rentayenta; 05-22-2014 at 10:48 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:42 PM   #520
Pinkocto

Quote:

Thank you! another fabulous trip on the books

Jump on over to the 18th

Old 05-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #521
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

[QUOTE="rentayenta"]

Darn, that would have been really fun to meet up! I think all 3 five nighters are going to sell out. Even with some rooms potentially on hold, things are moving quickly. [/QUOTE ]

They are booking up quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo

Tell me about it! I'm starting to panic as I haven't heard back from my TA about upgrading our 10/18 to a Cat 5. Verandas are already gone for the 10/4, I hear!

Loving your trip report!

Looks like you'll have a fun group on the 18th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto

Jump on over to the 18th
I would if I didn't have to give up our secret verandah cabins.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
Old 05-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #522
marciemouse
Raised on Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooniesAndy View Post
Erin, we picked the October 4th sailing since our 2012 MR cruise also set sail on the 4th (of March)!

Cruisin' With Mickey! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012 Trip Report

Ramada Maingate February 2014--First time as a family of five! Ramada Maingate July 2013--Last time as a family of four! Ramada Maingate December 2012--Club 33! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera November 2012--We're addicted! Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 2012--First Cruise! Ramada Maingate September 2011--First Trip as a family of 4! Anaheim Hilton March 2011--Last Trip as a Family of 3! Marriott Anaheim December 2010--Grandpa Jim's First Trip Marriott Anaheim October 2010--Celebrating Our 1 Year Adoption Anniversary Marriott Anaheim July 2010--Isabel's 3rd Birthday Trip Marriott Anaheim May 2010--First Time at Disneyland & First Trip with Isabel! Off Site May 2009--Quick getaway with my two favorite guys, DH and Dad Pop Century September 2008--My first solo trip! Pop Century May 2008--Finally just DH and me again! All Star Sports September 2006--With Dad and The Otters All Star Movies October 2005--Pressed penny collecting trip on the heels of Hurricane Wilma! Off Site December 2004--One last trip with Mom...bittersweet memories Off Site April 2003--With Mom & Dad Off Site May 2000--First trip with DH! And way more trips than I can count while living in Florida and then visiting after we moved!
marciemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:44 PM   #523
rentayenta

Quote:

Jump on over to the 18th

I love having trips in the works. It's going to be a fun one thats for sure. Some Disneyland, a little San Diego, Disney cruise, Mexico......fabulous!

Quote:
They are booking up quickly.

Looks like you'll have a fun group on the 18th.

I would if I didn't have to give up our secret verandah cabins.

I don't blame you. Those secret verandah cabins are awesome! We should stop talking about them though.

I think we will. A meet thread has been started as we'll as an FB group. I met so many cool ladies on the FB before our cruise; it was a blast. Yours has a meet thread too I think.

Old 05-22-2014, 11:05 PM   #524
rentayenta

Sorry for the delay, back to night.

Before I get back to it I forgot to tell you all about an issue we had with Joshua’s soccer ball. Before we headed out for pirate night, I decided to pack a bag for the next day in Cozumel. I knew we’d be out late and I wouldn’t want to to do it in the morning. While I was packing the bag, I noticed that Joshua’s soccer ball was missing. We for sure had packed it for this trip! I called down to guest services to see if they had possibly confiscated it at the port. I called down and got a somewhat rude CM. She said if it had been confiscated there would be a paper from the Port of Miami informing us of that and where we could pick it up upon our return to Miami. There was no paper. I had completely unpacked out bags and stored our luggage. I took out the suitcases and reopened them. They were totally empty. I called down to guest services and got another CM on the phone who was very understanding. He said he’d call the port and get back with me……

After dinner and some fun pirate conga, it was time for the party portion of the evening. We decided to skip going down to Deck 9 and participate from Deck 10. Our tween tablemates joined us too.

Right before the party stared, Pam also joined us. Pam, where did you go after dinner?

The party consisted of some dance music, a pirate fight, and Mickey coming to save the day. To be honest, I don’t remember it all that well. I think had we gone down and danced it would have been more fun, more lively. We did dance some from where we were.

Some pics. That’s Joshua’s head.

Now I could see fine until the guy next to me decided to put his child on his already ginormous frame while laying his arm almost on top of me and totally across me. I mean, c’mon dud, put your kid in front of you. He literally pushed his arm into mine. Big jerk. Hope he’s not reading. Or do I? Notice my earring. Selfie of me with him. LOL!

See Mickey? squint and look closer,

Finally it was time for fireworks. All we had to do was turn around and we had a totally great view!

Joshua said that he notched a Carnival Cruise in the water around sunset. I bet they were trying to get a view of our fireworks. I don’t blame them as the fireworks were amazing!

After the fireworks it was time for the buffet. I was really looking forward to some fresh crepes.

The buffet was in Beach Blanket Buffet:

Turkey legs anyone?

More offerings:

And finally my delicious crepe with vanilla ice cream and fresh coconut. OMG to die for! And more pineapple. I can’t tell you how fabulous the pineapple was all week.

We chatted outside in the warm night air with Pam and enjoyed our dessert. We said our goodbyes as we had an early day planned in Mexico the next day.

We got a towel monkey. I think it looks like a turkey. We also arrived to a message from guest services regarding the soccer ball. This was his new soccer ball he received for his bar mitzvah. It was the newest Nike premiere league ball......

Up next, Pam’s version. I am sure I left a ton out.

To be continued…..

Old 05-22-2014, 11:23 PM   #525
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

Really, what's with people that don't understand personal space? I'm so short and it never fails that someone crowds in and blocks my view. Enjoyed your Pirate night pics.

What, you left us hanging with the soccer ball? Nice way to keep us coming back for more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: