DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #46
hjgaus
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfyjny View Post
Using your points for Disney collection isn't ideal since you get less for more points, sometimes significantly more. However, I haven't had much problem getting a room, at least at paradise piers with just two months notice, even during the peak season (spring break).
We don't regret buying direct, but I can see why it would be appealing to some to buy resale at greatly reduced pricing. Current direct pricing has gone up so much I would think twice before buying direct.
Even the cruise points has gone up so much that it's not much of a saving using points vs. paying cash. Take everything into consideration before making decision to buy direct or resale.
Thanks for your input although we are already DVCer's I was curious to see if someone who lives in CA finds occasional use of the DLR collection helpful which it seems like it is! Usually don't find too many posters from here that feel the same way!
I DO AGREE that it's NOT the best usage of your points overall BUT if you really NEED that possible 1 or 2 nights then why not live it up and enjoy!

We are local Southern Cali so I feel staying in one of the Disney hotels ON points IF NEEDED is a bonus for us!
We have 450 points with BCV ..... all purchased resale BEFORE 2011 &
160 points with VGC purchased Directly from Disney.
When going to WDW it's planning EXACTLY at 11 months out and with DLR
it mostly 7 months or LESS than such as 2 or 3 months out. We are AP holders so I like to coordinate a few stays like once a month @ DLR.
Definitely NO REGRETS with DVC!!!!
hjgaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:37 PM   #47
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

Great resort choices! I've heard it's hard to get reservations at BCV because it's still really popular. And looks of it, price didn't decrease at all, I don't know who much you paid for it when you got it back in 2011.
I'm an early planner so every vacation gets planned out far in advance and could never get my sister to commit. She still hasn't stayed at Grand Californian and dying to try it out. One of these days.....
gfyjny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #48
bwvBound
DVC SSR & other timeshare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgaus View Post
Thanks for your input although we are already DVCer's I was curious to see if someone who lives in CA finds occasional use of the DLR collection helpful which it seems like it is! Usually don't find too many posters from here that feel the same way!
I DO AGREE that it's NOT the best usage of your points overall BUT if you really NEED that possible 1 or 2 nights then why not live it up and enjoy!

We are local Southern Cali so I feel staying in one of the Disney hotels ON points IF NEEDED is a bonus for us!
We have 450 points with BCV ..... all purchased resale BEFORE 2011 &
160 points with VGC purchased Directly from Disney.
When going to WDW it's planning EXACTLY at 11 months out and with DLR
it mostly 7 months or LESS than such as 2 or 3 months out. We are AP holders so I like to coordinate a few stays like once a month @ DLR.
Definitely NO REGRETS with DVC!!!!
FWIW, we are SoCal and have used our points for Grand Cal hotel prior to the villas being added. We enjoyed the stay and have since enjoyed several visits to the GCV units. As we also have access, through other points-system clubs, to other timeshare properties within walking distance to DLR, I doubt we'd be eager to use our points via Disney Collection at DLR. That said, we loved our stay, in NYC last year booked via DVC Concierge Collection. THAT was a bonus for us!
bwvBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:00 AM   #49
gfyjny
Mouseketeer

We're planning on Japan trip in a year or two and thinking about using the DVC points for a couples nights stay at one of the Tokyo Disney resorts. I know the points are quite high but paying cash would cost just as much if not more.
gfyjny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:00 PM   #50
judydvc
DVC veteran

I live on the East coast but have family in Vegas and plan to retire there. I am selling one of my DVC contracts but will still have 2 small contracts: one at the WLV and also at VGC. We often use the VGC for a short stay in CA but also I have used points for a short stay at the DLH. While it's not the best use of my points it's great for a short trip and sometimes it's hard to get a room at the VGC because it's small.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: