DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2014, 08:22 AM   #1
weich1001
Wendi

Question Buying more points on DCL Cruises

Does anyone know if they still offer point resales while onboard DCL?

If so, are their anymore discounts given, in addition to the regular price?

Where can I locate a list of current prices offered directly thru DVC (not a resale store). I know I can probably get this thru my agent as well, I was just looking for quick answers on the Boards.

Thank you!

July, 1973 Disneyland
July, 1975 WDW
April, 2000 WDW/US/IA for Conference
April, 2008 Bought DVC VWL
September, 2008 OKW-Grand Villa, WDW, US/IA, SW and DC...Trip Report: Rednecks, White Socks with Photo's to Prove It! http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=...71&postcount=1
April, 2009 ASSp, WDW
December, 2009 OKW, WDW, US/IA, DCL, SSR
June, 2010 OKW, WDW
November, 2011 OKW, WDW
October, 2012 WDW, US/IA for Conference
November, 2012 SSR, WDW
Next Trip...in the planning!
weich1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran

DVC technically does not do resales, they sell points for all resorts at direct pricing. This applies to points previously sold & taken back (ROFR, forclosure, etc) and to points not yet sold.

You can purchase points while on a cruise. The incentives are reportedly the same as if buying shore side, but you may (depending on number of points purchased) get an on-board credit for use during that cruise.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #3
micheleq
DIS Veteran

Fresh off the Fantasy and bought DVC there!

No incentives for VGF, but there was an OBC for Aulani that was dependant upon how many points you bought.

We were also given 2013 UY points as they had leftover inventory? CM made it sound like that could have been a limited offer.

HTH

CB 1/01 SSR 12/08 YC-CL 10/11 SSR 11/14
Magic Western Caribbean 2/12
Wonder Easter 3/13 Western Caribbean
Fantasy Easter 4/14 Eastern Caribbean
DL PPH-CL 8/13
micheleq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
jmail048
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post

We were also given 2013 UY points as they had leftover inventory? CM made it sound like that could have been a limited offer.

HTH
Depending on your use year you may have just got the points you were due. We are still in the April 2013 use year right now I believe. Either way that will give you a nice loaded contract to vacation with. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship hope to take a DCL trip someday

Last edited by jmail048; 04-27-2014 at 11:03 AM.
jmail048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #5
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmail048 View Post
Depending on your use year you may have just got the points you were due. We are still in the April 2013 use year right now I believe. Either way that will give you a nice loaded contract to vacation with. The Fantasy is a beautiful ship hope to take a DCL trip someday
We are currently in the April, 2014 Use Year. The Use Years remaining from 2013 are June, Aug, Sep, Oct and Dec (there are no January, May, July or November Use Years). Any current purchase with a June, Aug, Sep, Oct or Dec Use Year will receive all points from the 2013 Use Year.

Quote:

No incentives for VGF, but there was an OBC for Aulani that was dependant upon how many points you bought.

HTH
DVC has always (with the exception the first few months for sales of brand new resorts) included all points from the current Use Year when you purchase. If they are selling resorts with an October Use Year, you would get a full compliment of points from the (October) 2013 Use Year and the same number of points again on October 1, 2014. While the guides may "suggest" that this might be a limited offer, it has been in place since 1992. If a resort had not yet opened in October of the prior year, they may not have any points available from the October (or earlier) Use Year but otherwise you would get all points. DVC direct purchases also always prorate the maintenance fees based on the purchase date (not the closing date). If you purchase on June 30, your annual fees would be 50% of the full year fees. If you purchase on September 30, they would be 25% of the full fees. This is contrary to how many purchase resales, where the seller may expect full reimbursement for the number of "current" points in the contract even for a purchase late in the calendar year.

Your purchase did not include "leftover" inventory, it was exactly what you were entitled to with any direct purchase.

Regardless, .... Welcome Home!
Old 04-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
DisK
Mouseketeer

Quote:

HTH
This is a common sales tactic. You didn't get a "bonus".....you got what you paid for.

DVC Members at The Villa's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort - October 2013!
DisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:14 PM   #7
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weich1001 View Post
Where can I locate a list of current prices offered directly thru DVC (not a resale store). I know I can probably get this thru my agent as well, I was just looking for quick answers on the Boards.

Thank you!
http://www.dvcnews.com/index.php/dvc...g-a-promotions

Be sure you know the incentives before going on the cruise. It's possible the cruise might end up with the same TOTAL; a $500 OBC might translate to $500 "developer credit" on land, for instance. ("might"! I don't know. just telling you to make sure you know the numbers.)

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: