DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2014, 07:43 AM   #16
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Personally, since our WDW trips have been 3-6 nights the past few years, I prefer Mousekeeping to stay out of our villa. I agree with the above posts, we never really need the floor vacuumed or the bathrooms cleaned in just 5 nights (our typical trip). We hang up our towels after we use them and if need be, I'll throw them in the wash since I usually do some wash while there anyway. I don't clean and I don't cook...I guess that is no different than being at home . When they come for trash and towel day, I try to head them off at the door and sometimes just ask them to give me clean towels, but I tell them the service is not needed.

We bought DVC after staying at POR and knowing we'd be coming back to WDW frequently. We are a family of 5 so we were limited to what resorts we could stay at and we'd all 5 be crammed into 1 regular room. That wasn't too bad when the kids were 6, 4 and 4...but now at 17, 15 and 15 . So, we knew we needed condo type accommodations with a bedroom for us parents separated from where the kids would sleep (and once they hit the teen years, we needed 3 separate sleeping spaces to separate twin DDs from DS so we started getting 2BR villas). We also like to be able to do laundry. We only use the kitchen to make coffee and keep other drinks in the fridge...we do bring in continental type breakfast foods too so that we can eat and run off to the parks in the morning (teens sleep through breakfast and head out in time for lunch most days). Though, DS's last trip was in Dec...so he says (he is 17). So, we will be going back to the 1BR if it's just the 4 of us. I look forward to saving those points.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #17
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisi View Post
That's one of the reasons to rent points and see if it makes a difference to you. I don't vaccuum at home every day or make my bed either, which is why on vacation its such a treat to walk into a room where the bed is made and the bathrooms been wiped down by someone else. I have used the vaccuum in a DVC room - traveling when my kids were little and there were cheerios all over the floor.

Disney deluxe hotels honestly aren't great, and DVC isn't much of a step down - but concierge level means an additional step - and if someone is buying who already has made the decision that concierge is important enough to pay for, making sure that the compromises DVC brings are worth the value you get is important.
True enough.

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: