DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 PM   #16
maggiegirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbas View Post
Thank you for sharing. It is nice to see both sides of the picture. I was getting nervous because we missed our closing date that was on the contract. I paid extra to get my docs & check to the title company on time. The title company seemed behind and blamed it on Disney. I think they were both to blame. Now the delay is being blamed on the seller. After the sellers docs are returned I need to wait for a new closing date. This process has taken so long, my offer was accepted back in February. I had hoped to be able to make reservations for this November the reservation window is now open and booking . I am discouraged. ��
Reservations in November! I think you still have time, I am waiting for my contracts to close and hoping to get a ressie for the end of June!
maggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
one eye green guy
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing. In the same situation. Still waiting. It has been a long process since Contract was submitted. Hope sellers will send docs soon. Getting anxious

Last edited by one eye green guy; 04-16-2014 at 10:18 PM.
one eye green guy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 AM   #18
ILDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thank you for sharing. It is nice to see both sides of the picture. I was getting nervous because we missed our closing date that was on the contract. I paid extra to get my docs & check to the title company on time. The title company seemed behind and blamed it on Disney. I think they were both to blame. Now the delay is being blamed on the seller. After the sellers docs are returned I need to wait for a new closing date. This process has taken so long, my offer was accepted back in February. I had hoped to be able to make reservations for this November the reservation window is now open and booking . I am discouraged. ��
I feel your pain, we are on pretty much the same timeline. We had planned on making reservations in November too (our stay is during the Wine and Dine 1/2, which I heard books up fast). Since the process was taking so long (offer accepted Feb 11, just closed April 15), when it was close to the 7 month booking window and we still hadn't closed, I went ahead and rented points for our stay. I really didn't want to spend that money since I had just sent the check for our closing, but it cut down on the stress of worrying about not getting the room/resort we wanted. It may be worth considering being a renter if you're worried. Plus you can always turn around and rent out your own points when you get them if you have no other trips planned. But I agree, it's very frustrating.
ILDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #19
MagicKingdomMommy80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDisneyfan View Post
I feel your pain, we are on pretty much the same timeline. We had planned on making reservations in November too (our stay is during the Wine and Dine 1/2, which I heard books up fast). Since the process was taking so long (offer accepted Feb 11, just closed April 15), when it was close to the 7 month booking window and we still hadn't closed, I went ahead and rented points for our stay. I really didn't want to spend that money since I had just sent the check for our closing, but it cut down on the stress of worrying about not getting the room/resort we wanted. It may be worth considering being a renter if you're worried. Plus you can always turn around and rent out your own points when you get them if you have no other trips planned. But I agree, it's very frustrating.
Has your deed been recorded yet? I was told we closed on the 15th too but I don't see any records on the comptroller website. I thought is was recorded same day most of the time. I don't even see the ROFR notice. Should I be worried?!?!
MagicKingdomMommy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #20
ILDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKingdomMommy80 View Post
Has your deed been recorded yet? I was told we closed on the 15th too but I don't see any records on the comptroller website. I thought is was recorded same day most of the time. I don't even see the ROFR notice. Should I be worried?!?!
Yes, ours was recorded, I found both the deed and the ROFR waiver on the website. If you check again and don't see it, maybe send your title company an e-mail?

Now for the next round of waiting to get our member number and login... sigh. This process has really tested my patience.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:17 PM   #21
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Now my realtor is on vacation. I think I am getting a song & dance from the title company. It has been a week since closing docs have been sent. I guess all good things come to those who wait, right?
Pumbas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:31 AM   #22
ILDisneyfan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Now my realtor is on vacation. I think I am getting a song & dance from the title company. It has been a week since closing docs have been sent. I guess all good things come to those who wait, right?
Good Luck. You'll get there. Our realtor didn't seem to do much with the closing portion of the transaction, so I wouldn't worry that they're on vacation. I would trust the title company, once they receive the paperwork from the seller they close pretty quickly. I don't think there is a benefit to them saying they're waiting on the seller's paperwork if they're not. Especially since you can see when the sellers had their paperwork signed/notarized when the deed is recorded. It's only been a week, it could be worse. Hopefully you'll close soon.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:00 PM   #23
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILDisneyfan View Post
Good Luck. You'll get there. Our realtor didn't seem to do much with the closing portion of the transaction, so I wouldn't worry that they're on vacation. I would trust the title company, once they receive the paperwork from the seller they close pretty quickly. I don't think there is a benefit to them saying they're waiting on the seller's paperwork if they're not. Especially since you can see when the sellers had their paperwork signed/notarized when the deed is recorded. It's only been a week, it could be worse. Hopefully you'll close soon.
Thank you!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:39 AM   #24
Pumbas
Mouseketeer

Closed yesterday. Yay!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: