Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
dopey63
Earning My Ears

Warning in Bathrooms at WDW!!!

To all people with allergies and other breathing health issues. Disney has decided to add air fresheners in all public restrooms and deluxe hotel lobbies. This includes the Guest assistant restrooms. I walked into two restrooms at DTD and couldn't breathe and face broke out in a rash after I left. They put air fresheners in restrooms that are small and don't have any air flow. The scent they chose is awful, they should have used one that is more allergy friendly but they didn't. I also, heard from a cast member that they are using them in cast restrooms too!! We need people to start a letter campaign to have them removed and put more allergy friendly ones in their place. Just thought I would let people know before you use a restroom or walk into a lobby and get sick.

Last edited by dopey63; 03-17-2014 at 11:47 AM.
dopey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #2
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

We were just at BCV and didn't notice any kind of air freshener in the bathroom at all.
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #3
lost*in*cyberspace
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
We were just at BCV and didn't notice any kind of air freshener in the bathroom at all.
I believe that the OP is referring to public restrooms, not the bathrooms in private hotel rooms.
lost*in*cyberspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost*in*cyberspace View Post
I believe that the OP is referring to public restrooms, not the bathrooms in private hotel rooms.
Oh could be. I just saw 'all bathrooms'
Old 03-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
dopey63
Earning My Ears

It was in the Public restrooms at Once Upon a Toy and The Guest Assistant restroom on the West Side!!! They are now being added in all Public Restrooms. Plus the lobby at the Contemporary Resort, the air was off.

Last edited by dopey63; 03-17-2014 at 12:41 PM.
dopey63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

I hope they rethink that one there are very few air fresheners that don't cause me to have a very bad asthma attack. No way I could use restrooms with them

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
redrosesix
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey63 View Post
To all people with allergies and other breathing health issues. Disney has decided to add air fresheners in all public restrooms and deluxe hotel lobbies. This includes the Guest assistant restrooms. I walked into two restrooms at DTD and couldn't breathe and face broke out in a rash after I left. They put air fresheners in restrooms that are small and don't have any air flow. The scent they chose is awful, they should have used one that is more allergy friendly but they didn't. I also, heard from a cast member that they are using them in cast restrooms too!! We need people to start a letter campaign to have them removed and put more allergy friendly ones in their place. Just thought I would let people know before you use a restroom or walk into a lobby and get sick.
wow every place we go here is scent free -- this surprises me. It's so regressive.

Maybe they're trying to save money on cleaning costs. IMO you don't need air fresheners if you have good ventilation and keep the place clean. They don't need them in public restrooms here, even at the gym where we go.

Feb. 2008 All Star Music Feb. 2009 All Star Music Feb. 2010 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2011 Cypress Pointe Resort and All Star Music Feb. 2012 Pop Pop Pop and All Star Music Feb. 2013 AoA, ASMusic and off-site with our team Feb. 2014 ASMusic and Cypress Pointe Resort Feb. 2015 Cypress Pointe Resort, US Cabana Bay and All Stars for Twirlmania
redrosesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #8
sukhakuli
I guess I'm funny like that

I thought they always had scents in the Deluxe lobbies?

What is an "allergy friendly" scent? Many fragrances trigger my migraines, but that's true even for the ones that say they are all natural or hypoallergenic or whatnot. So how do you know a scent is safe for everyone?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
bidnow5
DIS Veteran

No scent is allergy free Disney has always been my safe haven I don't know if they just have real good ventilation all over or what but I have very few problems in Disney. In my day to day life I have issues daily

bidnow5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: