Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #1
mamabonehead
Earning My Ears

Traveling from WDW to Sea World with ECV?

We are taking our first trip to WDW in May, and plan to spend one day at MK and one day at Sea World. What is the best way for our family of 8 (5 adults, 3 kids) to get from Art of Animation Resort to Sea World with my ECV rental? We are not renting a car because other than going to Sea World, we plan to stay within WDW and take advantage of free transportation and not having to find and pay for parking.
mamabonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
pugdog
DIS Veteran

I would contact Mears, they should be able to help you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-17-2014, 06:51 PM   #3
Bete
DIS Veteran

I think you would be better off renting an ECV at both parks and forget about doing one that is an offsite rental. You will have to walk some getting in and out of the park; so, I don't know if you could manage it, but I don't think with luggage and such that it will be so easy adding an ECV to the mix.

You may have to pay for a van if you really want the ECV all the time.
Bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:07 AM   #4
mamabonehead
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bete View Post
I think you would be better off renting an ECV at both parks and forget about doing one that is an offsite rental. You will have to walk some getting in and out of the park; so, I don't know if you could manage it, but I don't think with luggage and such that it will be so easy adding an ECV to the mix.

You may have to pay for a van if you really want the ECV all the time.
I decided to reduce my ECV rental (outside agency) for just the one day we will be at Magic Kingdom, and then reserve an ECV at Sea World for that day. I have to stick with an outside agency for the day at MK because there's no way to guarantee they will have one available for me (they don't take reservations, it's first come first serve). If I were to get there and they didn't have an ECV, we would have to leave the park. And that would be awful considering that this is our first family vacation EVER and the kids are crazy excited! So that is just not an option. SeaWorld, however DOES take pre-paid reservations. So we're going to just travel to SW without the ECV, and then pick up our reserved one just inside the gates. So that should be okay.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get a family of 5 from DW to SW. But I guess that no longer falls into this forum since I won't be traveling with the ECV now.
mamabonehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 11:29 AM   #5
lanejudy

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabonehead View Post
... I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get a family of 5 from DW to SW. But I guess that no longer falls into this forum since I won't be traveling with the ECV now.
Taxi. Inform them of the size of your party and they can send a larger vehicle (probably van). You can call for a taxi from the lobby of your resort. Or arrange a private car company.

Enjoy your vacation!
lanejudy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: