Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #1
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Queue as the attraction?

OK, so wasn't sure of the best way to title this... This is a weird question.. My DD is now 17. When she was younger, there were a lot of rides she didn't do because of sensory issues. Mostly what is considered the headliner rides like TOT, EE, SM, BTMR... You get the idea. Well anyway, now she's older and wants to do more than she had. She wants some of the experience without necessarily going on the ride. (She keeps saying she might do the rides, but most likely won't. We've had that happen at soarin' ) Assuming the lines aren't too long, do all of the rides have the option of a chicken exit? In all reality what will probably happen will be DH and DD will skip the rides and DS will go on with me. I just don't want to see them trapped. She also has some motility issues; are any of the chicken exits hard to get through? Or Are they pretty much the regular exits? Thanks much!

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #2
Hannathy
When I stop laughing I will answer you

They all have chicken exits but some one else will have to answer about whether there are any mobility issues with them. I know TOT doesn't have a problem you just go past the ride loading area and then they take you down an elevator to the exit so no problems there. I'm pretty sure EE wouldn't either.
Hannathy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #3
shanejoseph
Mardi Gras Mickey

Yes, there are regular exits at most. You don't have to call them "chicken" exits, afterall some would call them "people with common sense" exits, like my wife. She gets upset when DD and myself call her chicken! I'm sure your daughter would simply enjoy the experience of being with everbody else, and rejoin the group after. No worries!
All-Star Music June '11
Port Orleans Riverside Feb '13
Port Orleans French Quarter Dec '14 - Jan '15

shanejoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

There will always be a way out if she decides not to go on the attraction.
If your daughter uses a mobility device, you may have to go to a different place before leaving.
That would mostly be the attractions with stairs or moving walkways. This link to page 2 of the disABILITIES FAQs thread has information about those in post 28

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=595713&page=2

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:58 PM   #5
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the replies. It's kind of funny because she's the one who smiles and calls them chicken exits. She thinks it's cute

She's not in a wheelchair (although we might use one for her in the parks because she has low tone and fatigues quickly.) She can do moving walkways, but not escalators. I don't think DW has any if those though. She also has problems with stairs that are off, like ones that are "grated" rather than solid, or that are spiral rather than straight. She also has some trouble if it's really dark.

Specific rides she's interested in is Space Mtn, BTMR, TT, RR, EE, and Dinosaur.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: