Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > Power of 10 - DIS Events to Benefit GKTW
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 02:39 PM   #46
jesscahens
Hospitality worker

One of the Hotels...

Hello All I am Hensley and I am one of the volunteers for this GKTW Meet in Harrisburg/ Hershey.

I have secured a room block for who ever is interested in staying at the Hershey Lodge. The rate is going to be 149+ tax. You will be asked to make a one night deposit to hold the room, this is fully refundable up to 72 hours (3 days) before the first night stay.

To make a reservation call reservations at 1-800-HERSHEY // 1-800-437-7439and refer to the GKTW BENEFIT EVENT OR RES ID 1869399. This block is currently open and will remain so until May 15, 2014.

When staying at the Lodge you will be elidgable to get discount tickets to Hershey Park when you arrive or can have them added to your reservations at the time of booking.
When you check into the Lodge you will be given comp. tickets to the Hershey Story Museum and Hershey Gardens.
There is also a shuttle that runs throughout the day to various attractions in town.

Again this is only one of the blocks they are looking at another block at a different hotel as well.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to Email me at either JLHensley@hersheypa.com (work) or Jesscahens@yahoo.com (personal).

Hope this helps some of you out with your planning. I look forward to meeting up with whom ever is attending in June!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:18 AM   #47
laurenjdaisy
Earning My Ears

That's a great price for Hershey Lodge, thanks for getting that set up. Do you know if it requires the two night minimum that is posted on their website for that weekend?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #48
jesscahens
Hospitality worker

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurenjdaisy View Post
That's a great price for Hershey Lodge, thanks for getting that set up. Do you know if it requires the two night minimum that is posted on their website for that weekend?
THe rate is good for eaither or both of those days. The minimum should not apply as it is no listed in my contract.
Old 03-06-2014, 02:48 PM   #49
alicemouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscahens View Post
THe rate is good for eaither or both of those days. The minimum should not apply as it is no listed in my contract.
I can confirm--I booked Saturday night only this morning.
alicemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM   #50
laurenjdaisy
Earning My Ears

Big thumbs up- thanks!!
Old 03-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #51
Ravens girl
Earning My Ears

Just booked our room at the Hershey Lodge. I'm really looking forward to the meet.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #52
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I just added a wonderful donation item for silent auction onto the list...The wonderful NE DIS MEET donated a two night stay along with admission to all weekend activites for their meet in October!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH TO TARA AND HER COMMITTEE FOR THE DONATION!!!!!!!!!

We Can't Be Stuck on the Stairs Again TR
1Grumpy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:19 AM   #53
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

I just saw in the local paper that June 14th is the Big 33 High School Football game at Hersheypark Stadium. This is a game between the best players from PA and MD.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:33 AM   #54
Li Li
Mouseketeer

Oh yikes! Hershey and the park will be packed!
Li Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #55
disneyesk
Earning My Ears

volunteering

Hi, there! I just wanted to touch base. I am in Kennett Square. I was a volunteer for the DE meet in October and I am volunteering for the NJ meet next month. I just wanted to offer up my services to you too! It doesn't look like you are too concrete yet on your event's, but I put Saturday and Sunday down as non work days, so I can help. I work until 6:30 & Hershey is rather far, so Friday is probably out. I have 3 large dogs, so I am not likely to spend the night either, so I may just do the main event day... but I'm open to more than that. Let me know where I can help! I can make phone calls and stuff too!

I don't have enough posts to PM (or I would have done that...sorry), but my e-mail is disneyesk@msn.com

Kris Clark
disneyesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #56
TiggieKat
Earning My Ears

I'm in!!!! So great to see other's from Mechanicsburg are Disney folks too. Not sure about helping - though my neighbor must be on the planning committee as she e-mailed me to make sure I knew about this - yet but plan to make the weekend events.

I already have my season pass to Hersheypark so no tickets needed.

TiggieKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #57
Wimpy
Mouseketeer

Reposting this as a reminder to anyone who wants HP tickets.
==========================
Just a reminder that we will need to have anyone interested in HP group tickets by 4/10.

Regular (ages 9-54) - $32.00
Junior/Senior (ages 3-8 & 55-69) - $27.75
Senior Plus (ages 70+) - $21.50

==========================================

"Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne
Wimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:34 AM   #58
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

We should have registration opening up by the end of the weekend (barring any issues with paypal and eventzilla). I am hoping to finish up the set up this week sometime.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:17 AM   #59
TheMaxRebo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
Reposting this as a reminder to anyone who wants HP tickets.
==========================
Just a reminder that we will need to have anyone interested in HP group tickets by 4/10.

Regular (ages 9-54) - $32.00
Junior/Senior (ages 3-8 & 55-69) - $27.75
Senior Plus (ages 70+) - $21.50
Do you know what day will be "the big day" for meet-up people going to HP? Will it be heavy for Friday night or Sunday or how is that working?

Mostly wondering as with my wife pregnant at the time not sure if we would get much use out of HP and are thinking of spending one night at the Hershey Lodge and wondering if there would be more things to do for us with the group if we stayed over Friday night and then go to the meet-up main event or go to the meet up and stay over Saturday night.

Thanks!

**In Progress** It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney World with a 1 month old - A Trip Report: 08/25-08-29/14
Wait, weren't you just at Disney World? An August '14 Pre-Trip Report - A Pre-Trip Report: 8/25 - 8/29
Ooh-de-lally! A dining heavy October '13 Trip Report - A Trip Report: 10/11-10/18/13
Faint hearts never won fair lady - or got all the ADRs you wanted. - A Dining Review 10/8/11 - 10/15/11
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?" - A Dining Review 10/24/09 - 10/31/09
TheMaxRebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #60
1Grumpy9
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxRebo View Post
Do you know what day will be "the big day" for meet-up people going to HP? Will it be heavy for Friday night or Sunday or how is that working?

Mostly wondering as with my wife pregnant at the time not sure if we would get much use out of HP and are thinking of spending one night at the Hershey Lodge and wondering if there would be more things to do for us with the group if we stayed over Friday night and then go to the meet-up main event or go to the meet up and stay over Saturday night.

Thanks!
We are thinking about doing a meet up friday evening either at Troegg's Brewery or at the Bear's Den at the Lodge. We hope to announce that really soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: