Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #1
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

BoG lunch kids meals - allergen info

Does anyone have any info on what the allergens are at BoG for the kids' lunch options? DD's allergies are milk and soy. Thanks!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:10 PM   #2
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

The Be Our Guest restaurant has an innovative menu. They actually have details about all the menu offerings. So, you can check it out on line here:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...taurant/menus/

Or actually check it on a screen at the restaurant when you order.

The kids's menu items are at the bottom, so keep scrolling down.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #3
Ariel on Land
DIS Veteran

Oh wow, Sue! THANK YOU! I haven't seen that before! Oh I wish they were all like this, so helpful!

1990-offsite, 1996-offsite, 2008-SOG, 2009-CBR, 2010-CBR, 2013- AoA, 2014-POP

Ariel on Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:28 AM   #4
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel on Land View Post
Oh wow, Sue! THANK YOU! I haven't seen that before! Oh I wish they were all like this, so helpful!
From what I have heard, that restaurant was a trial for some things that will eventually roll out all over.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 02-25-2014, 12:41 PM   #5
nfceagles
Mouseketeer

I hope they are still able to give more specific breakdowns in person. I found the Braised Pork entrée was eliminated when I added milk as an allergy. But it's not clear where the milk resides. Is it in the mashed potatoes? Would it be safe if we got it without those or is it also somewhere else?
nfceagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #6
mistysue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
I hope they are still able to give more specific breakdowns in person. I found the Braised Pork entrée was eliminated when I added milk as an allergy. But it's not clear where the milk resides. Is it in the mashed potatoes? Would it be safe if we got it without those or is it also somewhere else?
It's probably in the sauce.
I have milk entered (among others) and one of my son's options is for "slow cooked pork- no sauce"

This is really cool.
Eventually it would be nice to get ingredient lists, but that might sort of break the system because then when they get in a new shipment, everything has to be checked over every time. This narrows things down nicely, looks like if I can get DS to eat sweet potatoes and millet bread we could actually pull off lunch here.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:01 PM   #7
minnie1012
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there is a way to include an allergen not listed? I added egg, and nut for my daughter on the link but she also has a sesame allergy which could be an issue with bread on the 2 things that she was able to eat that were left. Just curious if there was a way to add sesame with this new ordering?
minnie1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:25 PM   #8
Mrs K
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if the peanut/tree nuts are in the bread? My DD is 18, and has PN/TN allergies, as well as seafood and shellfish allergies. Looking at the lunch menu, there is nothing she will eat. I wonder if they have a nut safe bread alternative.

Dixilandings 1994
Poly 1997,'98,'99,'01,'02,'03,'04,'06,'07,'09
Grand Floridian July 2011, Back to the Poly June 2013, Trying the Beach Club March 2014
Mrs K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
mistysue
DIS Veteran

The millet bread shows up when peanut and tree nuts are entered. I would guess they go by ingredient listing though, so without being there to ask it's hard to say if "safe" for their list is "safe" for you.

There doesn't seem to be a way to fill in other allergens either. I was wondering if they had sesame in there.

I like vacations.
mistysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:54 AM   #10
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistysue View Post
The millet bread shows up when peanut and tree nuts are entered. I would guess they go by ingredient listing though, so without being there to ask it's hard to say if "safe" for their list is "safe" for you.

There doesn't seem to be a way to fill in other allergens either. I was wondering if they had sesame in there.
I think they went with the most common allergies. If they can handle a lot of those online, it would free up staff to work individually with the less common or more complex ones.

I'm not sure, but thought you can actually add other allergies when you are there and are ordering using the kiosks.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:10 PM   #11
DCDisney
On my way...

You can't trust the kiosk ordering system though because in some cases it eliminates a meal because of the side or garnish which is easy to leave off. When I ate there and they entered soy and nuts it left essentially nothing except package of grapes In reality once I talked to the chef I could have almost everything (I can have soybean oil and soy lecithin). If he can not have soybean oil and/or lecithin he may be very limited there--like plain pasta and fruit. Even the fries were off limits and they were fried in canola not sure which soy ingredient they had.
DCDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: