Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
Holstar
Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through

Bathroom Breaks and Children

Hello!

I was advised to post here, as I'm a bit worried about our upcoming trip and I'm really hoping for some tips!

We're coming to WDW for the first time (yay!) this August, with our three nieces. My middle niece will be 13, and suffers from a number of bladder problems due to having contracted meningitis as a child.

The biggest problem she faces, is that she is very rarely aware that she needs to go to the toilet until she needs to go right that minute and we have to do a bit of a dash for the nearest bathrooms.

We have done theme parks before, including Disneyland Paris, and our plan is to take regular bathroom breaks, going before any rides which we know have a big queue... but inevitably she will need to go at some point, and with 14 days in WDW she (and I) are anxious about what will happen if we have to repeatedly leave an attraction queue. I don't expect this to happen all the time, but during our six days at Disneyland Paris, we needed to leave and re-enter ride queues maybe nine or ten times.

Would be be able to return to our place in the queue, if we ask the rest of our party to wait and let others pass until we return? Or would this annoy others in the queue? Or, should I explain that should this happen and we need to leave the queue, we'll have to join the back of the queue or perhaps miss the ride out this time?

I know re-entering ride queues is a contentious issue on the boards, so I'm sorry if this offends anyone!

Thanks in advance!

One very anxious aunty x

Me, 25 Ben, 27 : Daisy, 16 Jasmine, 13 Chloe, 10

.~* 22nd August - 9th September 2014, Walt Disney World Old Key West *~.
Holstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: