DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #1
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Selling our DVC *Update!

After enjoying our DVC for almost 10 years we are selling our DVC. It was a tough decision to come to, but it makes the most sense for our family.

Although our kids are still fairly young (16 & 11) we would like to explore other destinations.

We have had many wonderful stays with our DVC, but on our past 4 trips we have had numerous problems and issues with our DVC rooms that have really put a damper on our trips. After our Disney cruise in Jan it solidifed it for us. The service we recieved and the amenities while on the ship are how we like to vacation. We simply do not recieve that at WDW anymore. It pains me to admit that because I love Disney World and have been going yearly (sometimes 2-3 times a year) for over 15 years.

We want to try more cruises, go to some islands, and do Europe in two years. We will also be buying an RV in two-three years and plan on trveling around the country. It's exciting and we are all looking foward to our new adventures.

Don't get me wrong, we will still go to Disney World, just not as often. (Especially when we get our RV, FW here we come!!) But I have to tell you, I will miss saying I am a DVC member, as silly as that sounds!
Our Disney Vacations: SSR AUG 2014 * PoP, DISNEY DREAM, AKV JAN 2014 * AoA, BLT AUG 2013 * AoA, WLV Xmas 2012 * AKV AUG 2011 * SSR AUG 2010 * BWI, AKV JUNE 2010 * GF NOV 2009 * POLY JUNE 2009 * AKV, BCV JAN 2009 * BWV JULY 2008 * OKW APRIL 2008 * AKV, SSR NOV 2007 * CR MK VIEW! OCT 2007 * BWV APRIL 2007 * SSR NOV 2006 * BWV, SSR MAY 2006 * SSR, VERO JUNE 2005 * POR, WL, BWV NOV 2004 * ASMo, BWV NOV 2003 * BWI May 2002 * GF NOV 2001 * CSR, VERO NOV 2000 * Offsite Oct. 1998, July 1997 and 1983
Our Disney Vow Renewal TR

Last edited by Desnik; 02-23-2014 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Remove specifics
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
LvsTnk
Disney Crazy

Have fun good to make the decision and start enjoying the exploring!

LvsTnk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
a742246
older than dirt

I think you are making a good decision to show your children other vacation options. With that said I give you a 75% chance that you will buy into DVC in about 13-18 years. When grandkids are in the picture.
a742246 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:03 PM   #4
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Best wishes and happy new adventures!
Old 02-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #5
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Sometimes you just know when the time is right. Enjoy your vacations.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

I just sold a big chunk of points. And I think some more are going on the market this fall. Like the OP my vacation style has changed and Disney has changed. I am keeping one contract but will be down a lot of points. .
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 PM   #7
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Thank you all for the well wishes!
Our Disney Vacations: SSR AUG 2014 * PoP, DISNEY DREAM, AKV JAN 2014 * AoA, BLT AUG 2013 * AoA, WLV Xmas 2012 * AKV AUG 2011 * SSR AUG 2010 * BWI, AKV JUNE 2010 * GF NOV 2009 * POLY JUNE 2009 * AKV, BCV JAN 2009 * BWV JULY 2008 * OKW APRIL 2008 * AKV, SSR NOV 2007 * CR MK VIEW! OCT 2007 * BWV APRIL 2007 * SSR NOV 2006 * BWV, SSR MAY 2006 * SSR, VERO JUNE 2005 * POR, WL, BWV NOV 2004 * ASMo, BWV NOV 2003 * BWI May 2002 * GF NOV 2001 * CSR, VERO NOV 2000 * Offsite Oct. 1998, July 1997 and 1983
Our Disney Vow Renewal TR
Desnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #8
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Best wishes and enjoy all the new planning. DVC and Disney will always be there!!

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
VLee
DIS Veteran

I too have sold two contracts, with the third one soon to market or about 27% of my points. I still have over 500 left, with plenty to rent out to pay dues, as well as sell more and still have a number to vacation on.

My life drastically changed in the past six months-- I have lost my only two adult children at 38 and 42. I now am raising 3 grandchildren, 14, 11, and 7. I have taken them to Disney since 2003, as well as vacationing with my children. And we still will go, just not 2 or 3 times a year as we did. It is now important that I spend more time taking them to other beautiful places around our country, like Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier National Park, the Smokies, -- just to name a few.

Disney has been a special place for all of us, but is time that I show them more than The Mouse.
BWV - Boardwalk View - 10/2007 - Family Reunion!
OKW - Labor Day 2007 - Pirate & Princess Party
BWV/Beach Club -- 05/2007 -- The kids and Me!
VWL -- Christmas 2006 -Mom and Me!
AS Movies 09/2006 - Jen & Kids - Brant's 4th BD!
Beach Club Villa 05/2006 - Brant and Me
Wilderness Cabins/Old Key West 01/2006-Hollye's 6th!
Polynesian Resort / Beach Club Villa 9/2005-Jen & Kids
Pop Century/ Old Key West 05/2005 - The kids & Me
AS Movies/WL Villa/ PO French Qtr 10/2004-Halloween
Pop Century/Port Orleans FQ 05/2004 - Hollye and Me
BoardWalk Villa/WL Villa 12/2003 - First Christmas!
Polynesian Resort 05/2003 -- First Trip!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
VLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #10
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post
I too have sold two contracts, with the third one soon to market or about 27% of my points. I still have over 500 left, with plenty to rent out to pay dues, as well as sell more and still have a number to vacation on.

My life drastically changed in the past six months-- I have lost my only two adult children at 38 and 42. I now am raising 3 grandchildren, 14, 11, and 7. I have taken them to Disney since 2003, as well as vacationing with my children. And we still will go, just not 2 or 3 times a year as we did. It is now important that I spend more time taking them to other beautiful places around our country, like Yellowstone, Grand Canyon, Glacier National Park, the Smokies, -- just to name a few.

Disney has been a special place for all of us, but is time that I show them more than The Mouse.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise šoš '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:18 AM   #11
fireman17
"The funny thing about firemen is, night and day there's always firemen".

Unhappy

We too sold our DVC last year it was a hard decision to do but we had to do it. We have four children 5, 10, 12 and 15 we enjoyed each trip but financially it was harder to pay on it each year. We still visit WDW but we stay off site in pretty much the same accommodations but at a lesser price. We also are seeking other vacation locations to take our children as well and, as others have said DVC will always be there and if financially able to do it down the road we may buy in again.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:39 AM   #12
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Remember you can always rent points for a stay.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:40 AM   #13
LoveBWVVBR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
After enjoying our DVC for almost 10 years we are selling our DVC. It was a tough decision to come to, but it makes the most sense for our family.

Although our kids are still fairly young (16 & 11) we would like to explore other destinations.

We have had many wonderful stays with our DVC, but on our past 4 trips we have had numerous problems and issues with our DVC rooms that have really put a damper on our trips. After our Disney cruise in Jan it solidifed it for us. The service we recieved and the amenities while on the ship are how we like to vacation. We simply do not recieve that at WDW anymore. It pains me to admit that because I love Disney World and have been going yearly (sometimes 2-3 times a year) for over 15 years.

We want to try more cruises, go to some islands, and do Europe in two years. We will also be buying an RV in two-three years and plan on trveling around the country. It's exciting and we are all looking foward to our new adventures.

Don't get me wrong, we will still go to Disney World, just not as often. (Especially when we get our RV, FW here we come!!) But I have to tell you, I will miss saying I am a DVC member, as silly as that sounds!
We are in the same boat. We live locally, love to go to Disney, and loved DVC until recent years when the units that we have stayed in have gone progressively downhill. We own at BWV and we had a horror of a unit there over Thanksgiving. For the first time in 10+ years, we do not have BWV (or any DVC) booked for Thanksgiving because of that. We are giving it a year and then we'll be selling if we don't see a real committment to reversing the trend of not maintaining existing DVC units

I believe that Disney reps. read the Disboards. If Disney is reading this, I hope that they take it seriously that existing DVC owners who LOVE Disney and DVC are selling their points because of the lack of resort maintenance...not adding on, not convincing their friends to become members...SELLING. Not maintaining resorts is a big enough deal that it's making people give up on DVC
LoveBWVVBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 05:59 AM   #14
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLee View Post

I am so sorry to read this. Best wishes.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:27 AM   #15
disneybass
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post

We have been members since 2006 and have been going multiple times a year
since then. We have decided that once a year is a good number for us so we are selling about half of our points. We need to get back to using our beach house in PCB instead of heading to the mouse every time we get a few days off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: