Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2014, 12:07 AM   #346
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
At the bolded! Yes you are already going to come out here and have a pixie dust filled experience!

I'm just trying to make sure the pixie dust doesn't go to waste!

Plan you trips girls!!!!!!!!!!
When am I gatecrashing your party?

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:16 AM   #347
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
When am I gatecrashing your party?
Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before!

I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2014, 12:18 AM   #348
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:
Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before!

I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!
Sadly, no trips on the horizon this year. But you never know.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Old 02-20-2014, 06:01 PM   #349
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
At the bolded! Yes you are already going to come out here and have a pixie dust filled experience! I'm just trying to make sure the pixie dust doesn't go to waste! Plan you trips girls!!!!!!!!!!
You're the most patient soul putting for up with my shenanigans! Have I ever told all you ladies how much you make me smile?

Now that Gabby has her Starbucks job and her nannying gig this summer, planning around her isn't going to work. I'm just going to plan and she can decide what's worth taking off for.

On another note, guess who'll be back in Vegas in mid-March for soccer with Joshua? This girl. Michael was going to take him and the girls so I could maybe do another bday weekend like last year with Sadee and visit Alison and my gf Shannon but now he's working an A&F job. I'm not the happiest camper.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #350
rentayenta

Quote:
Just piggyback on your DH's next business trip and between my house, and pixiedust, you can have a wonderful Disney vacay as long as you don't need to stay at the parks. You do need to stay in our clutter filled, awful house, but you braved that before! I have quite a few pixiedust trips to bestow so that they don't go to waste!

Do it PIO! Does your DH travel to the states a lot for business?

Old 02-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #351
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
You're the most patient soul putting for up with my shenanigans! Have I ever told all you ladies how much you make me smile?

Now that Gabby has her Starbucks job and her nannying gig this summer, planning around her isn't going to work. I'm just going to plan and she can decide what's worth taking off for.

On another note, guess who'll be back in Vegas in mid-March for soccer with Joshua? This girl. Michael was going to take him and the girls so I could maybe do another bday weekend like last year with Sadee and visit Alison and my gf Shannon but now he's working an A&F job. I'm not the happiest camper.

I'm sorry is it over your birthday, cause that's coming up quick!

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:03 PM   #352
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

We need to coordinate a girls weekend!

Jill in CO
Old 02-20-2014, 09:27 PM   #353
franandaj

Quote:
Her husband works for a US company and she's been known to piggy back on his hotel room on the company's tab. That way the trip only costs airfare and incidentals. That's how she came to spend a couple nights with me. Met him at LAX and continued together up north.
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

Old 02-20-2014, 09:48 PM   #354
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkocto View Post
I'm sorry is it over your birthday, cause that's coming up quick!
My birthday is the weekend before but I can't take off that much time as the cruise is just two weeks after. I love Joshua's tournaments but this one was Michael's turn. He was hopefully going to take Joshua and the girls but alas I'm going. It'll be fun but not exactly what I had in mind for my bday. It's all good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
We do! I think we'd all have a blast.

I've tried twice now to make one with Cynthia but life gets in the way. I find I'm becoming a better last minute planner. Michael's schedule is so insane and so last minute, I'm trying to navigate it but dang it's hard sometimes.

Quote:
Her husband works for a US company and she's been known to piggy back on his hotel room on the company's tab. That way the trip only costs airfare and incidentals. That's how she came to spend a couple nights with me. Met him at LAX and continued together up north.

Its so cool she got to stay with you, Fran, and the kitties. How's Olga?

I got to go to Nantucket on a piggy back with Michael. I'm all about the piggy back. Oink. Oink. He's in Santa Barbara right now with A&F, the other A&F. I wish I was with him. Their resort is insane.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:33 AM   #355
franandaj

Quote:

Its so cool she got to stay with you, Fran, and the kitties. How's Olga?

I got to go to Nantucket on a piggy back with Michael. I'm all about the piggy back. Oink. Oink. He's in Santa Barbara right now with A&F, the other A&F. I wish I was with him. Their resort is insane.
Olga is on a 2 week "wait and see". We are hoping we can schedule her Ultrasound sooner rather than later, but all the doctors are at a conference. We have an appointment tomorrow as our doctor is back and we will talk to her schedule an ultrasound. Why wait on the blood test when we can just run the ultrasound and find out for sure.

Old 02-21-2014, 02:37 AM   #356
PrincessInOz
in

Quote:

Maybe you can negotiate a double trip to make up for the bday weekend.

Quote:
He used to travel at least twice a year. Then the GFC......nothing.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post

Jill in CO
Olga's bed is going to be awfully squeezy!

Quote:
Olga is on a 2 week "wait and see". We are hoping we can schedule her Ultrasound sooner rather than later, but all the doctors are at a conference. We have an appointment tomorrow as our doctor is back and we will talk to her schedule an ultrasound. Why wait on the blood test when we can just run the ultrasound and find out for sure.
I hope you get to "see" more than "wait".

Old 02-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #357
rentayenta

Quote:

I'm glad you've got an appointment tomorrow. Sending love to my/our wingmate.

Quote:

Maybe you can negotiate a double trip to make up for the bday weekend.

Here's hoping for some sort of Disneyland fix whether by hook, by crook, or by guilt.

Quote:
He used to travel at least twice a year. Then the GFC......nothing.

Whats GFC?

Quote:
Olga's bed is going to be awfully squeezy!

I hope you get to "see" more than "wait".

On both counts. Hope you get some info sooner than later. Waiting is torture.

Old 02-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #358
PrincessInOz
in

GFC = Global Financial Crisis.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:20 AM   #359
rentayenta

Quote:
GFC = Global Financial Crisis.

Oh. What field does your DH work in?

Mini update on the way.......

Old 02-23-2014, 10:34 AM   #360
rentayenta

I woke up very early today. Can you guess why? Because I'm going to Disneyland!!!! You'd think after nearly 45 years and too many visits to count I wouldn't get so goofy excited but I do. Every. Single. Time.

I knew the GCV would transfer our luggage to the DLH because remember, I'm the queen of the spilt stay. Check out time wasn't until 11:00 but Disneyland's hours were 9-midnight. I was Dec. 20 and tomorrow was Chloe's 15th birthday. Today we'd celebrate her big day, número 15, at Disneyland.

With just another one dayer at the Happiest Place on Earth, we all chose a favorite that we couldn't live without and planned from there.

My clan was completely passed out and I was wide awake by 6:00 and over to the DLH by 6:30 to check in. I thought it'd be much easier for me to go over alone than to drag everyone over with me or even worse leave to check in later.

I left the GCV and headed to the DLH through DTD. I think there couldn't have seen but 3 people on my way over. The sky was bright blue without a cloud in the sky.

The tree at the ice rink in DTD:

Look, the streets are still wet from the morning wash down:

I'm getting closer:

And closer:

Once inside the lobby, there was a small line. I shouldn't have been surprised but I was. Isn't this the cutest tree. It's so old school:

And have you ever seen cuter chairs? I love these!

Side view of the cutest tree ever:

Once it was my turn, I spoke with the sweetest CM. I don't recall his name now but I did leave a letter of compliment that morning.

Lo and behold, our room was ready. I had asked for the Adventure Tower and a DTD view and our CM did the best he could. After checking in, I ran up to see the room, quickly, as I needed to get back to wake up my crew. It wasn't the greatest view but it wasn't of the parking lot either. It was of DTD though just on the 2nd floor not the 4th so we saw more trees than DTD but I was happy. Still no complaining here as I paid for a standard view when I booked using our DVC points. Score!

A sideways map of the DLH:

The hotel happenings:

And the Magical Times:

I was back to the villa by 7:20 and woke everyone up. They bounced up, showered, and we called bell services. They came and got our luggage within no time and we were on our way.

I didn't get any more photos of the the GCV this morning. We had Disneyland on the brain! The plan this morning was the same, to go to Guest Services, pick up and pay for our one day/one park pass. This is the way to go on short trips. I had no idea how fun and stress free not hopping can be.

I went ahead while Michael and the kids stopped to grab coffees, juice, and a pastry. I passed on the pastry. I don't love Disney pastries.

Look what I have:

The rest met me in line about 10 minutes before opening.

So here is where the story gets GOOD!

As we are chatting and enter through the turnstiles, go under the left side of the bridge, and start slowly down Main St, I spot the CANDY CANE line. I had read that they might do candy canes today but totally spaced it. We were at the end of Main St near the Emporium when it hit me. I literally ran to the Candy Palace and they still had wrist bands. I seriously could have died from happiness right there. I have wanted one of these for years. Literally.

So here's the deal with the candy canes. You can get one per wristband at $12.99 a cane. I didn't want to be greedy but really wanted two so both Michael and I got wrist bands. I was so happy and the CM was so cool. The CM seemed to appreciate my excitement. My kids were a little embarrassed but guess who didn't care? ME! Gabby told me that two ladies walked by and made fun of me for being so excited. Whatever. It's not my issue if they don't get it like the rest of us.

Green wrist bands securely around my happy little wrist it was time to hit some rides. Our must-dos included HMH, Splash, IASW, Space, and Indy.

Gotta make the kids breakfast.....be back with more.....

Last edited by rentayenta; 02-23-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: