Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2014, 11:20 AM   #256
deedee2177
Disney Darling

I love the BOG updates...I would LOVE to eat there but I know my DH is so picky I don't see a thing on the menu he would like to eat. Might just have to do a little pouting...LOL

April 2014 PTR - Trip with the Grandmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164112 - COMPLETE
April 2014 TR - Different type of trip http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post51308062 - In Progress
deedee2177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #257
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

I can't wait to see your review for dinner. We really preferred dinner to lunch. I guess I may be a snob when it comes to French food

2014 (July) Contemporary -Concierge (Bay Lake View) 2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View), 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
PopArtGal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-08-2014, 05:04 AM   #258
MEK
DIS Veteran

The quiche looks delicious. What a lovely lunch option. I'm glad you wait was only 25 minutes. Score!

You got some beautiful pictures and that last picture of the gargoyle - he looks like he is staring right at me.

I'm so glad you had a great lunch experience there.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #259
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
Completely agree with your review of BoG for lunch. Everyone should try it out once, even if they don't have a FP for it.
Absolutely! It's worth the wait.

The lines outside are deceptively long. I think the way Disney has the system set up is genius. Have everyone order, find a seat, have the food brought to the guests, etc. It makes the whole process seem so smooth. At least in comparison to other Quick Service restaurants. Makes you wish all those places had CMs directing the entire process.
It keeps things moving so you're never standing in one spot for very long. I like it, the future of fast food! lol

Cuirious to read how dinner compared to lunch.
You won't have to wait long, that's up next!
Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
BOG looks fantastic!!! I'm glad you didn't wait as long as expected, or even were told. That's great that you enjoyed all the food (except for maybe the salad).
We really loved it, and we were so happy the wait wasn't bad at all!

Dessert, please! I so want to try what both of you ordered.
Omg, if you're a lemon fan at all, try the lemon cupcake! Mmmm!

That is a great picture Johnny took of the girl and the stained glass window!
Isn't that adorable? It was an accidental shot, she kind of ran into it, but it works so well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
AHHH see... ALWAYS lower your expectations and when a shorter wait presents itself (even at 45 minutes), it's feels like a WIN!! Awesome strategy. Plus the line seems to move really quick, so it's really even less.
That is a great philosophy for much of Disney! Lower your expectations so you'll be pleasantly surprised!

How nice to hear all the people praising the place upon exit sans spoilers. "Oh I can't believe Darth Vader is Luke's FATHER!!!!"
Bahahaha! Yes, they were validating our long wait rather than ruining the experience!

You know, you may have had the same table I did. Certainly very close.
We had the last table by the wall, my back was right by the doors to go out!

It really is spectacular, especially for a QS lunch. There's just no other place with that kind of ambience, and I'm happy it lived up to your expectations.
We were so happy with the whole thing, I'm so glad we got there for lunch. It really does go way above the rest for QS!

And OMG that adorable photo of little "Snow" admiring the Stained Glass.
A-DORable isn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geckodani View Post
Okay, I was already excited to be 10 days out from my trip. Now, with the BOG pics ... I'm over the moon. Can. Not. WAIT!

I love the gargoyle pics!
EEeeeee! You're so close! I hope your experience there is just as good as ours!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #260
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee2177 View Post
I love the BOG updates...I would LOVE to eat there but I know my DH is so picky I don't see a thing on the menu he would like to eat. Might just have to do a little pouting...LOL
My DH and I are both really picky too, and we were a little worried about the different options, but we both found something we loved! I hope you can get your DH there and he finds something good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
I can't wait to see your review for dinner. We really preferred dinner to lunch. I guess I may be a snob when it comes to French food
LOL We loved lunch, but we probably liked dinner a little better too. That's coming up next

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The quiche looks delicious. What a lovely lunch option. I'm glad you wait was only 25 minutes. Score!
Oh it was really nice, so much better than chicken nuggets and fries!~

You got some beautiful pictures and that last picture of the gargoyle - he looks like he is staring right at me.
He's quite a work of art. Those eyes are really so well done!

I'm so glad you had a great lunch experience there.
I was glad too, especially when I knew so many people weren't crazy about the food!
Old 02-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #261
emma212010
DIS Veteran

I've said it before, and I will say it again- you take GORGEOUS photos!!

Ugh, I'm in LOVE with BOG!! I've had lunch there once and dinner there twice. Each time was fabulous! My mom is actually eating lunch there RIGHT NOW as I am typing this. Lucky duck. Anyway, your lunch looked fabulous, and I want to go back so bad!

Also, that picture with the sweet little girl in front of the window made me tear up! Such a sweet picture!!!! <3

Looking forward to more!! Oh, and good luck with your move- I'm glad your business is getting out of there! From the sounds of it, it was NOT an ideal place to be.
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:21 PM   #262
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Yay for lunch at Be Our Guest!!

We got to sit in the Ballroom for dinner last week. So much fun but I hear ya about the photography and the low light setting. You know what actually turned out working pretty well? I used my speedlite pointing it up and bouncing it off the ceilings to take some of the pictures. Also had a gel on it to washout the whiteness of the flash and the pictures turned out decent.

Oh and I had the same dessert as you did for the second time in a row and still loved it.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:32 AM   #263
JulieODC
DIS Veteran

Great BOG experience --- so glad the line moved quickly! Love the Christmas décor photos too -- I don't think I've seen pics of it before!

My 2013 trip report! Makin’ our way, it’s an ADVENTURE every day! A Nov (10-16) trip with a 2yr old!

DW DH DD3 Baby #2 (Coming, March 2015!)

DCL-Fantasy, Western Caribbean-May 2014; YC-November 2013; WL-November 2012; WL-December 2010; WL-September 2009; POR-December 2004; WL-June 1999; WL-June 1997; GF-April 1990;Treehouse Villas-1986
JulieODC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:38 PM   #264
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Wow, your pictures of BOG are making me kick myself even more for not taking the time to eat there back in September! Cannot wait to get there in the future. And you got to go back for dinner, too! Yay!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #265
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Your BOG pics are amazing! I loved that you took a shot of the soda dispensers! So cool they thought of that detail. And mini Snow White looking at the stained glade window? Magical shot! I hope her parents are Dis members and see it!
ElenaJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #266
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
I've said it before, and I will say it again- you take GORGEOUS photos!!
Thank you!

Ugh, I'm in LOVE with BOG!! I've had lunch there once and dinner there twice. Each time was fabulous! My mom is actually eating lunch there RIGHT NOW as I am typing this. Lucky duck. Anyway, your lunch looked fabulous, and I want to go back so bad!
Oh wow, jealous of your mom! Hahaha I would love to go back too, like ASAP!

Also, that picture with the sweet little girl in front of the window made me tear up! Such a sweet picture!!!! <3
Kind of sums up a lot about Disney.

Looking forward to more!! Oh, and good luck with your move- I'm glad your business is getting out of there! From the sounds of it, it was NOT an ideal place to be.
I am counting down the days! Next Monday I will be in the new place!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Yay for lunch at Be Our Guest!!

We got to sit in the Ballroom for dinner last week. So much fun but I hear ya about the photography and the low light setting. You know what actually turned out working pretty well? I used my speedlite pointing it up and bouncing it off the ceilings to take some of the pictures. Also had a gel on it to washout the whiteness of the flash and the pictures turned out decent.
I lovvvveeeed the Ballroom so much, what a gorgeous place! I didn't bring my flash, but I was wondering how well it would have worked. Can't wait to see your pictures!

Oh and I had the same dessert as you did for the second time in a row and still loved it.
I think I could eat that every second day and never get sick of it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieODC View Post
Great BOG experience --- so glad the line moved quickly! Love the Christmas décor photos too -- I don't think I've seen pics of it before!
The line was really not as bad as it looked. And the Christmas decorations were adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Wow, your pictures of BOG are making me kick myself even more for not taking the time to eat there back in September! Cannot wait to get there in the future. And you got to go back for dinner, too! Yay!!!
Oh man, I recommend to everyone to go there no matter what, it's beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJane View Post
Your BOG pics are amazing! I loved that you took a shot of the soda dispensers! So cool they thought of that detail. And mini Snow White looking at the stained glade window? Magical shot! I hope her parents are Dis members and see it!
Thanks!
I just couldn't get over all the attention to detail, so incredible.
Isn't that little girl cute? The thought crossed my mind about her parents seeing it too! Haha
Old 02-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #267
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

I love the chandellier in Via Napoli I have a pic of it too
omg I love where u put that u were gonna go on rides then theres pics of u n johnny sitting on benches that made me giggle a bit
You have the best Bog pics I've ever seen n I so want that lemon cupcake!!!!

cheekypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 AM   #268
407-W-DISNEY
DIS Veteran

You can never post too many photos of BOG!
That's great you made it in for lunch..and 25 minutes is not a long wait at all!
I will put the quiche on my list to try next time!
Great update!

11/1998 - Disneymoon - Grand Floridian
12/2001 - Boardwalk
05/2007 - Contempory
11/2008 - 10th Wedding Anniversary - Grand Floridian
08/2010 - Poly - hubby's 40th
09/2011 - Wilderness Lodge - my 40th
09/2012 - Caribbean Beach
11/2013 - 15th Wedding Anniversary - Animal Kingdom Lodge
407-W-DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 08:03 AM   #269
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
I love the chandellier in Via Napoli I have a pic of it too
omg I love where u put that u were gonna go on rides then theres pics of u n johnny sitting on benches that made me giggle a bit
You have the best Bog pics I've ever seen n I so want that lemon cupcake!!!!
I totally want that chandelier in my bedroom.
Thanks! And I want that cupcake too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
You can never post too many photos of BOG!
That's great you made it in for lunch..and 25 minutes is not a long wait at all!
I will put the quiche on my list to try next time!
Great update!
Agreed!
I was so pleased with the wait, definitely shorter than expected.
I loved the quiche, I'd definitely have it again.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #270
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone!

So, who else is dealing with the kind of cold weather that burns your face and lungs?

I shouldn't complain, today it's finally getting warmer and tomorrow we have a rain storm forecast. A RAIN storm!

It's Thursday again, my day off and so here I am! Yesterday was my last shift in the old building. We ran out of oil and froze! (It was -25c) How typical, and a perfect way to remember that place. I'm off today and tomorrow is moving day! I'm so excited, I hope I get to stay at the new store and arrange all the merch. Hope to update you guys on that next week!

On another note, I think I'm going to start a PTR soon. I didn't want to have two going, but I do want to lay out all my thoughts and plans for my upcoming trip. We'll see. If I do start one, you will be the first to know.

Now let's get back to the story, shall we?

Wednesday, November 13

A Castle Of A Different Colour

We just finished a wonderful lunch at BOG and were heading for our next FP+:

This would be my first time here and I was so excited! I'd tried to keep away from pictures and videos but really, I didn't do a very good job of that.

The whole area outside is so beautiful, really, really well done.

We got into the FP line, swiped those MBs and away we went, yet again no problems!

Did anyone else think it was a little creepy to nail Ariel to a boat?

I know, I know, who else is Prince Eric going to have for his figurehead? A different mermaid? That would make Ariel jealous. Married to a mermaid (former?) it's not like he could use a dragon or something. Johnny and I just found it a little odd.

It took less than 5 minutes to get in, which is why my pictures skip to here:

I took way too many pictures in there, I narrowed it down a little for you guys. Here they are, they really don't require any explanation!

Our thoughts?

We loved it! Sure it's no thrill ride, but it's adorable and well done and has all the favourite parts of the movie. Very colourful and bright and exciting. Two thumbs up!

(Continued in next post)

Last edited by teekathepony; 02-13-2014 at 08:57 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: