Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 08:56 AM   #1621
aaarcher86
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badamon View Post
Still trying to find an absolute (or as close to absolute as we can get!) answer as to whether we can or can not obtain a DAS at guest relations locations outside of the park? We arrive late on a Wednesday (staying off site) and plan on Thursday or Friday a.m. in our first park. We would love to be "ready" at RD with DAS in hand rather than entering and going to GR. I've read that some have had success with outside GR issuing DAS and others being directed to inside park GR. I've contacted WDW via email with this same question with no reply (waited one week). Does anyone have a very recent experience they can share? Thanks for your help, it's very important for our family to be extremely prepared and organized with as little change in "the plan" as possible.
That's the thing... There's reports on both sides very recently. So there's no absolute answer to give until there's more consistency, unfortunately.

I'd get to the park early your first day and try the outside GS first, but I wouldn't make a special trip just in case. Hopefully we see some consistency one way or another to figure out what the new norm will be!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:52 AM   #1622
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
That's the thing... There's reports on both sides very recently. So there's no absolute answer to give until there's more consistency, unfortunately.

I'd get to the park early your first day and try the outside GS first, but I wouldn't make a special trip just in case. Hopefully we see some consistency one way or another to figure out what the new norm will be!
There doesn't seem to be much consistency. Got DS's twice outside of MK. The 2nd time, I was told next time to get it renewed inside the park. Also, the cm was insistent that the card had to be signed by ds. We've been going inside the parks since then. So I don't know if it's actually policy now, or just a suggestion by that cm.

Ds's is expired again, so have to get a new one today when we go.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2014, 01:57 PM   #1623
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Just renewed DAS outside at gs outside of mk. No problem renewing ad they now just scan the barcode. However, I was told that it depends whether our not it can be done outside. If busy our new DAS you may be sent inside a park.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #1624
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Just renewed DAS outside at gs outside of mk. No problem renewing ad they now just scan the barcode. However, I was told that it depends whether our not it can be done outside. If busy our new DAS you may be sent inside a park.
That has been true for a long time for any Guest Relations services.

If it is busy at the outside of the park Guest Relations, they try to send as many people as possible to Guest Relations inside of the park.
Many people visiting the outside of the park location have ticket issues, which need to be resolved before they can enter the park. Those kinds of issues can be very time consuming.
So, if it's busy, they may limit the outside Guest Relations to only/primarily deal with ticket problems.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 01-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #1625
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Still trying to find an absolute (or as close to absolute as we can get!) answer as to whether we can or can not obtain a DAS at guest relations locations outside of the park? We arrive late on a Wednesday (staying off site) and plan on Thursday or Friday a.m. in our first park. We would love to be "ready" at RD with DAS in hand rather than entering and going to GR. I've read that some have had success with outside GR issuing DAS and others being directed to inside park GR. I've contacted WDW via email with this same question with no reply (waited one week). Does anyone have a very recent experience they can share?
Thanks for your help, it's very important for our family to be extremely prepared and organized with as little change in "the plan" as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueM in MN View Post
That has been true for a long time for any Guest Relations services.

If it is busy at the outside of the park Guest Relations, they try to send as many people as possible to Guest Relations inside of the park.
Many people visiting the outside of the park location have ticket issues, which need to be resolved before they can enter the park. Those kinds of issues can be very time consuming.
So, if it's busy, they may limit the outside Guest Relations to only/primarily deal with ticket problems.
Badamon, looks like you got a 50/50 chance.

Sue, did you see above, where over the last 2 weeks, for renewal the barcode just needs scanned and same picture shows up with new expiration date!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:07 AM   #1626
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Still trying to find an absolute (or as close to absolute as we can get!) answer as to whether we can or can not obtain a DAS at guest relations locations outside of the park? We arrive late on a Wednesday (staying off site) and plan on Thursday or Friday a.m. in our first park. We would love to be "ready" at RD with DAS in hand rather than entering and going to GR. I've read that some have had success with outside GR issuing DAS and others being directed to inside park GR. I've contacted WDW via email with this same question with no reply (waited one week). Does anyone have a very recent experience they can share?
Thanks for your help, it's very important for our family to be extremely prepared and organized with as little change in "the plan" as possible.
Quote:

Sue, did you see above, where over the last 2 weeks, for renewal the barcode just needs scanned and same picture shows up with new expiration date!
I did see that.

That was the plan originally, but was not able to be activated at first. Glad to hear it is working now.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #1627
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

YDD's expires on the 25th so we will see if we have the same experience. That would be nice and much quicker.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 01-21-2014, 05:14 PM   #1628
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
I did see that.

That was the plan originally, but was not able to be activated at first. Glad to hear it is working now.
We were able to obtain a 'renewal' @ GS outside of Epcot main entrance last week. There was no line when we arrived. We presented the original DAS from October as we had been instructed when it was issued.

The CM questioned 'why' the pass was again being requested. We indicated that the needs had been explained in depth in October and there were no changes, but CM cut us off and said: "...get used to being questioned each time the pass is requested....".

We then gave a succinct explanation as to our request. The CM nodded, asked us to wait, and then returned quickly with new pass.

FP return lines were crazy long near MLK weekend. We didn't even bother keeping a FP+ return time for Star Tours since it was backed up to indy. People were very vocal as to the test not working well and I must say I agree. we only used the DAS a few times each day but it was much appreciated and certainly helped with our experience in the parks.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:19 PM   #1629
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did see that.

So glad they were able to have it working now. Sure made it quick and easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
YDD's expires on the 25th so we will see if we have the same experience. That would be nice and much quicker.
It was very nice and quick.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 AM   #1630
becd
Mouseketeer

DLR to WDW

We originally got our DAS for my DS-6 at DLR over Christmas. However, we are traveling to WDW at the end of February. Will bringing my original card from DLR help make the process easier, or do we just start over again? Any insight will be appreciated as I am trying to get everything ready for this trip to make it as easy as possible (ha!) and just wondering if I should bother bringing the DLR one. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2014, 01:22 PM   #1631
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by becd View Post
We originally got our DAS for my DS-6 at DLR over Christmas. However, we are traveling to WDW at the end of February. Will bringing my original card from DLR help make the process easier, or do we just start over again? Any insight will be appreciated as I am trying to get everything ready for this trip to make it as easy as possible (ha!) and just wondering if I should bother bringing the DLR one. Thanks!
I don't know if the computers on each coast are connected for DAS. It would not hurt to bring it, but be prepared to explain his needs again.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 PM   #1632
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Hi can someone please clarify for me. If we have a card...And we get a return time for say 2pm. Can you ride something else inbetween with no wait time?

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards
Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 PM   #1633
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Hi can someone please clarify for me. If we have a card...And we get a return time for say 2pm. Can you ride something else inbetween with no wait time?

You can ride something else in between but not using the DAS. You would have to use a fastpass or the standby line. You can only have one RT on the card at any time. You cannot get another RT until the previous one is used or voided (by crossing out the RT).
Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 AM   #1634
mamabear0222
Countdown to 2014 trip

Thank you. No I was just thinking if we got a return time for 90 mins or something maybe we could go to something with no wait like laugh floor.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:32 AM   #1635
Maggie'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabear0222 View Post
Thank you. No I was just thinking if we got a return time for 90 mins or something maybe we could go to something with no wait like laugh floor.

Yep, that's a good plan. I'm trying to come up with an itinerary that takes advantage of low crowds in the morning, FP+ later in the day, rides and shows with typically short waits during busier times of the day, and use the DAS when there's no other way. Luckily DD is on board with rope drop. We usually tour until around 2:00, head back to the resort for a break, then venture back out in the evenings when it's cooler and crowds have started to decrease a little.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: