Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-14-2014, 07:09 PM   #1
Sparkly

Then a bunch of people started commenting on it
I wondered if people really lived there and got to watch them every night

Talking Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip! Feb 2014 (upd)

Hello everyone, and welcome to my February 10-17th pre trip report! Pull up a chair and remember to keep your hands, arms feet and legs inside the thread at all times, and watch your children. And please make sure you remove..your high heeled shoes.

So, onwards we go!

My name is Emma, and I'm a massive fan of Disney and the theme parks and the movies, have been since I was a wee little girl watching our Toy Story and Lion King VHS tapes.

The How
This trip came about thanks to a condition I'm sure all DISers are familiar with. Post Disney Depression. I just missed it so much..well..you also all know the only cure for Post Disney Depression.

I was pricing up out of interest to get a idea for our 2015 trip, and Disney UK were offering free dining. And for very reasonable rates. It felt like I was torturing myself with planning a holiday still so far away, however, I somehow managed to get Mum looking too...

She figured that we could possibly get away with going again if 1. It was only us two and 2. We only went for a week. Well, good enough for me!

After looking at several different dates, resorts and deals we eventually decided on Caribbean Beach Resort from February 10th-17th, with 14 day (for the price of 7 days) Ultimate tickets and with free QSDP plus a $200 gift card, thanks to Disney UK and their awesome offers. Flights are with Virgin Atlantic, as per usual.

But Mum had another trick up her sleeve. I came down one afternoon to find her researching restaurants. Why? She was upgrading us to the table service DDP!! This will likely be our only time doing it as to be honest, we're not saving much and I did notice that once all our ADRs were booked, it felt a little more scheduled then I would have liked.

Still, if I can eat plenty of these:

And these:
(Love those carrot cake cookies!)
then I'll be a surely happy Emma! :D

The Who
Who's going? Well, just Mum and I! We thought it would be nice to have a girly trip with just the two of us, and it's the only way onsite would work for us.

Here's me, hugging Eeyore <3
(picture of Mum also with Eeyore classified)

Thanks for reading this, hope you enjoy

Our plans to follow in next post!

Nov 2003, Feb 2005,Aug 2006, Apr 2008, Feb 2011, Feb 2012, Feb 2013!, Feb 2014, March 2015
Trip reports! :: Feb 2012 TR ~ PTR ~ No Faith in Google Maps, Trust and Pixie Dust! ~ Ohana Means Family, Family Means Dad is Left Behind For A Girly Trip!

Last edited by Sparkly; 01-15-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Sparkly is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: