Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #241
mvf-m11c
DIS Veteran

Finally got to read your first update to your trip report and I'm enjoying it. Very nice pictures when on the road. The picture with you and M is a. Ice one.
mvf-m11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #242
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
What was the best part? I think the countries in Epcot all decked out for Christmas would be unreal. The CP would be pretty terrific too and the Osbourne Lights. Thanks for crossing your fingers.
Without a shadow of doubt, the best part was seeing Whoopi Goldberg narrate the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. I have started my trip report if you are interested.

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #243
MEK
DIS Veteran

I was subbed to this, but now I am wondering if I lost my sub. Anyway - I should be resubbed now!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 AM   #244
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your house did look so pretty as your were leaving. I know you hate it there, but it still seems like a semi-cool place to live. One of my dear church friends moved to Cottonwood Canyon with her family a couple years ago and she is really adjusting well. From the Chesapeake Bay to Cottonwood Canyon. I love her Christmas card pictures because she can always get one with snow.

So you are the designated driver? Love it! Looks like a fun road trip. And your friends house does look beautiful. How nice that you had a lovely home to crash at before your arrival to DL. Catching up with friends is always the best.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #245
rentayenta

There's never enough vacation time
I'm always thinking about it
I can't imagine being in it alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvf-m11c View Post
Finally got to read your first update to your trip report and I'm enjoying it. Very nice pictures when on the road. The picture with you and M is a. Ice one.

Thanks Bret and Happy 2014! I like to take a lot of pictures even with the iPhone. They say: they only pictures you regret taking are the ones you didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphingirl47 View Post
Without a shadow of doubt, the best part was seeing Whoopi Goldberg narrate the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. I have started my trip report if you are interested.

Corinna
I found it. I love Whoopi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I was subbed to this, but now I am wondering if I lost my sub. Anyway - I should be resubbed now!
Glad you're back friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your house did look so pretty as your were leaving. I know you hate it there, but it still seems like a semi-cool place to live. One of my dear church friends moved to Cottonwood Canyon with her family a couple years ago and she is really adjusting well. From the Chesapeake Bay to Cottonwood Canyon. I love her Christmas card pictures because she can always get one with snow.

So you are the designated driver? Love it! Looks like a fun road trip. And your friends house does look beautiful. How nice that you had a lovely home to crash at before your arrival to DL. Catching up with friends is always the best.
Some people love Utah. If I enjoyed winter sports, I think I'd like it more but I really don't enjoy being cold. It's a beautiful place but there are lots of beautiful places. I am grateful and don't want to sound beeyotchy but I am over living here.

I was the DD for about 5 hours; Michael couldn't take much more. It was so nice to see my friend and then return to her after our Disneyland portion of the trip. It's the best of both worlds that way. Michael says fish and guests stink after 3 days (I think Ben Franklin said it before him) so he really liked the way we spilt the trip.

You light 'em, they fight 'em. A DVC/Disneyland Resort PTR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post51407145
You bet your aft we had a good time: a Disney Wonder trip report
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3260751

rentayenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 08:51 PM   #246
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Joining in as my DD15 and I leave for our very first trip to DL in 14 days! I've been scouring TRs and yours caught my eye. I feel you on the cold and snow, we've had quite a bit of snow already in Madison and blistering cold starts tonight. Monday's high is -11! Low Sunday is -20, neither of those include wind chills. Yikes!

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 01:50 PM   #247
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
Joining in as my DD15 and I leave for our very first trip to DL in 14 days! I've been scouring TRs and yours caught my eye. I feel you on the cold and snow, we've had quite a bit of snow already in Madison and blistering cold starts tonight. Monday's high is -11! Low Sunday is -20, neither of those include wind chills. Yikes!

Hi and How exciting, your first trip. So Cal will be so warm, even if it rains, compared to those temps. It rained on our first day, update coming, and it wasn't cold. Where are you staying? How long is your trip?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #248
tlenzendorf
Always Dreaming of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rentayenta View Post
Hi and How exciting, your first trip. So Cal will be so warm, even if it rains, compared to those temps. It rained on our first day, update coming, and it wasn't cold. Where are you staying? How long is your trip?
We arrive late on the 16th, are doing parks from open til close 17th-19th and have an early flight home the 20th. It's going to be a whirl wind of a trip, especially with marathon and holiday crowds. We are staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. Looks to be a pretty short walk.

Looking forward to the next post!

tlenzendorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #249
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlenzendorf View Post
We arrive late on the 16th, are doing parks from open til close 17th-19th and have an early flight home the 20th. It's going to be a whirl wind of a trip, especially with marathon and holiday crowds. We are staying at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. Looks to be a pretty short walk.

Looking forward to the next post!

Sounds perfect! I think the Plaza is a close walk. There's a thread around here with a great map.

Update coming tonight.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #250
rentayenta

First and foremost, I need to apologize for the long space between updates. Like everyone here, life gets in the way. But I'm here with an update. for still reading along.

Because we all knew we'd be staying at the GCV and DLH, we asked the kids to not rifle through their bags and throw their stuff all over which like most kids, is normally what they do.

We were up bright and early. I didn't have the best night's sleep but I never do before Disney. I feel like a little kid on Christmas; too excited to sleep.

The plan was to be in the car, on the road (only a 15 minute drive) by 7:30 am. We wanted to stop at Starbuck's, self- park at the GCV, and check in before going to Guest Services to pick up our one day/one park tickets. Because we only had two full days this trip, we chose the one park per day option and I can tell you it was the right decision. I won't park hop again on trips that are two days or less. I can't tell you how much time we save not hopping. Now that FP return times are enforced, I find not hopping allows us to tour at a much more relaxed pace and see more of the parks.

As per usual, some photos were taken with my iPhone and others with our camera. It's a Sony A57. I think that's the official name. Is been a great mid line camera for us.

We arrived at a nearby Starbucks within minutes and as we waited saw a Garden Grove fire engine. DH is a firefighter so we like to see other engines:

With music from Princess and the Frog playing on the iPod, it was Starbucks time:

Starbucks in hand we arrived at the GCV in no time. We take Katella to Disneyland Drive. Ahhhhh what a heavenly sight to see:

After giving our name and getting our Welcome Home, we pulled in, unloaded the MDX, and Michael went to self park. Now I'm not cheap but $22 for valet, before a tip, is a little steep. I know it's Disney and the prices rarely shock me but that's bit much.

Michael was back in no time. We always do the same thing: I check in while Michael entertains the kids. I don't know why but we've done it like that forever.

At this point, Chloe had the camera out and started snapping away.

He doesn't looked please with Chloe's photo taking though gave her a half smile:

I think the carpet needs a good scrubbin:

Don't you just love the big wood beams? I think the GCV is one of the prettiest and most welcoming resorts I've been to.

Michael tried to take this shot so many times with his phone and this is the best he could capture. I'm not sure why he didn't use the Sony?

Now I had requested a villa on the third floor or higher. The CM told me that she had us on the first floor and our villa was ready. I kindly told her we'd be happy to wait for something higher up and would wait. She went in the back room and after a few minutes came out and said she could get us a villa on the 3rd floor with a decent view of DCA. I was great with that. In retrospect a pool view would have also been good. Next time I won't be so picky. She was very nice, gave me in the ins and outs of the GCH, and we were on our way. She said we'd be notified via text when our villa was ready. Fine by me, we had a park to explore. She gave Chloe a birthday button and us the Celebrate buttons as we were celebrating with Chloe. Chloe's birthday was in two days. Close enough.

The skies were very grey and there was a 70% chance of rain in the forecast. I wasn't all that bummed because I knew it would keep my wimpy local Cali friends away. LOL! We had grabbed umbrellas from my friend before leaving and of course I had my poncho.

Continued in next post.....

Old 01-12-2014, 06:56 PM   #251
rentayenta

On the way from the GCH to Guest Services:

Chloe wants a Westie or Slam Van so I'm sure thats why she took this:

Bye bye DTD:

And hello to what would be a fairly empty day in DCA:

We got through security in no time. I headed to Guest Services while the rest took photos.

Gabby:

Chloe and Michael:

An unamused Joshua and camera hungry Gabby:

And one more just to hammer home my point. Haha!

Looking back at Disneyland:

And the crowds start to form:

I think she was hoping for a shot of the Monorail:

Guest Services where I was:

A light:

Sisters:

A Monorail zooming by:

DCA:

A panoramic:

Random:

A one day/a park ticket:

Next up: would it rain and would we stay?

To be continued........

Old 01-12-2014, 07:46 PM   #252
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Great way to start at DLR. Lots of family shots.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #253
rentayenta

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Great way to start at DLR. Lots of family shots.

We took over 1,000 photos in 2 days. Don't worry, I won't share them all.

Chloe really likes taking photos and I like her doing it. It stinks when we split because I miss a lot but she's great at taking them without my prompting.

Old 01-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #254
Pinkocto
In love with all things Disney. Happily joined DVC 01/11.

The resort looks GORGEOUS!!!!! I have to stay there during the holidays!

You guys weren't wasting time that's for sure

I hope you stay even if it rains

I agree, valet it too much, I couldn't do it.

First Trip - YC '89, CSR '98, Pop '07, Music '08, AKL CL 1/11, SSR 12/11, 5N Dream Cruise & AKV 3/12, AKV CL 9/12 , OKW 12/12, 4N Wonder Cruise 1/13, 7N Fantasy Cruise & AKV CL 3/13, AKV 6/13, DL 9/13, VGF 12/13, OKW/AKV 1/14, 5N Wonder Cruise/VBR 3/14, Western Fantasy/BCV 5/14
Pinkocto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #255
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Glad you guys got going so early! Whose nails were those and what did that mean?
Alison ~~~~ Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine | Our Disney Dream Home|Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: