DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #16
Bciris
Earning My Ears

I wonder where everyone is finding the good deals. If someone knows can they PM me? I just put in an offer with The Timeshare Store and was told that they haven't been able to get $65/point past ROFR on SSR...
Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 PM   #17
Belle091507
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bciris View Post
I wonder where everyone is finding the good deals. If someone knows can they PM me? I just put in an offer with The Timeshare Store and was told that they haven't been able to get $65/point past ROFR on SSR...
Check with Fidelity- they presented any offer I wanted and I was able to get the price I wanted after a few tries.
Second Disney cruise 01-15-12!!! Dream
WDW January 2012 CBR
WDW September 2012 AOA
WDW February 2014 AKV/BWV/GFV first DVC trip!
WDW AKV/GFV January 2015

Always planning our next trip
Belle091507 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-06-2014, 06:54 PM   #18
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think this is one of the issues. It is my opinion that the brokers themselves have as much to do in propping up prices as anything else. Legally they're required to present the offer as I understand it but of course how they do so will affect the outcome.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #19
dbs1228
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I would tell TSS that you are willing to take the risk that it may not pass ROFR and you want your offer presented to the seller! Good luck

dbs1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #20
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
When I called TSS to enquire about a property they told me that $70-74 was the going sales prices for SSR. I was a little confused because I had been doing my research on the ROFR thread and other sites. I was wondering where people were finding the 'deals' too. Just keep researching… you'll find a deal out there that you are comfortable with.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #21
DenLo
DIS Veteran

In December, five SSR deeds were ROFRd that ranged from $55 per to $65 per point and the points per contract ranged from 150 to 200 points.

Thanks to wdrl for the above information which he picked up off the Orange County website.

DenLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
stevelee
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenLo View Post
In December, five SSR deeds were ROFRd that ranged from $55 per to $65 per point and the points per contract ranged from 150 to 200 points.

Thanks to wdrl for the above information which he picked up off the Orange County website.
As mentioned above it is always a risk and some get snagged back by disney. However others also get through. Mine got throuh for SSR $63/point for 200 points on December 16, however I seem to remeber seeing one getting taken for the same number of points at the end of november for $65/point

If you offer low you run a higher risk of it being interesting to disney... if you offer high they probably wont touch it but you would have spent more. Its all what you are comfy with and what the seller agrees to.

Steve
stevelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #23
WeLoveAriel0505
Yearning to be @ WDW with my family............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
I think this is one of the issues. It is my opinion that the brokers themselves have as much to do in propping up prices as anything else. Legally they're required to present the offer as I understand it but of course how they do so will affect the outcome.
I totally agree with you Dean. Never hurts to present. I often wonder if some of the resellers don't want to push through lower prices. FYI - I had a larger contract that got through below $60 but you never know. I was surprised it got through.

WeLoveAriel0505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:32 AM   #24
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
You don't have enough posts to receive a PM.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #25
njgoalie35
Earning My Ears

I've never owned a timeshare, but I'm considering a resale at SSR. Considering the upfront cost and the annual dues - does everyone think it's worth it? I'm thinking about buying 160 pts at around $65 per point.
njgoalie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #26
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoalie35 View Post
I've never owned a timeshare, but I'm considering a resale at SSR. Considering the upfront cost and the annual dues - does everyone think it's worth it? I'm thinking about buying 160 pts at around $65 per point.
What is your history of visiting WDW? What do you see as your future visiting habits?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:40 AM   #27
njgoalie35
Earning My Ears

i visit WDW usually 2 times a year, sometimes for a week and sometimes for a few days. I do have to mention that I have family living in Orlando and in the past we stay with them or in the hotel they work at (not a disney resort) - so practically no cost. Last year we experienced the Disney resorts for the first time (polynesian, carribean and pop century) so i do like the convenience of not having to rent a car. So I guess sometimes I would take advantage of staying with family and sometimes using the dvc.
I also would be interested in using the points at the other dvc resorts particularly aulani and bay lake - how difficult is it to reserve a unit if your home resort is not where you're booking? Usually we vacation in the summer when school is out and on occassion a few days during the school year.
njgoalie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 12:34 PM   #28
Msmithmd
DIS Veteran

If you want to be assured to book a certain resort, own points there. Aulani is historically quite difficult to book when school is out, particularly in the lower cost-per-night villas.

Speaking only for myself, there's no way I would ever buy DVC if I was content staying for little or no cost offsite. I bought DVC because I wanted to stay on site, for less money than the same stay in a deluxe or moderate would run over the long term.

So purchase if the "on site" stay is what you really want, and you can afford to pay cash up front for a resale. That said, don't try to justify DVC by planning to avoid renting a car on your trips. That's kinda like a family justifying buying a new car to avoid having to put a fresh set of tires on their old one.
Msmithmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #29
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by njgoalie35 View Post
i visit WDW usually 2 times a year, sometimes for a week and sometimes for a few days. I do have to mention that I have family living in Orlando and in the past we stay with them or in the hotel they work at (not a disney resort) - so practically no cost. Last year we experienced the Disney resorts for the first time (polynesian, carribean and pop century) so i do like the convenience of not having to rent a car. So I guess sometimes I would take advantage of staying with family and sometimes using the dvc.
I also would be interested in using the points at the other dvc resorts particularly aulani and bay lake - how difficult is it to reserve a unit if your home resort is not where you're booking? Usually we vacation in the summer when school is out and on occassion a few days during the school year.
DVC will not save you money and likely will not add sufficient value to your trips to justify owning. I'd suggest you rent a couple of times to get a better feel and see. I suspect renting here and there will be your best long term option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeLoveAriel0505 View Post
I totally agree with you Dean. Never hurts to present. I often wonder if some of the resellers don't want to push through lower prices. FYI - I had a larger contract that got through below $60 but you never know. I was surprised it got through.
First, let me be clear that I'm not complaining or saying there's anything wrong as long as they are following the laws in this area. It is in their best interest to sell as many contracts as possible for as high a cost as possible with the least aggravation. The more lowball offers they present, the more they will spin their wheels. The more resorts that get ROFR, the more total commission they will make even if a little less per contract because they will get multiple sales per buyer. The higher the price, the higher the commission per sale. I realize some of these issues are competing, the correct balance has to be a little difficult for such companies.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #30
twinsouvenirs
Mother of Dragons :)

don't let the broker dictate your offer--they are paid on commision, the more you pay the more they make. We definitely got pushback from our broker but we paid $62 a point for SSR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: