Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #1
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

If you can dream it, you can do it....We dreamed and its Trip #2

Good Morning.

Welcome to my humble pre trip report. This is my second attempt and our second trip to the World. My first attempt fell by the wayside with life, but also was pretty dull I think because it was a whole bunch of crickets.:

Our trip was very short as well and taught me one thing, just ROLL WITH IT. Im no longer a Disney newbie and hopefully will add the spice needed to get some followers this time!

small disclaimer...I can't add pics at work but will certainly add them at home

With no further ado lets get down to what every good nosey person is looking for the WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHY and WHEN

We travel as an extended family. We are going to be staying at BLT in a one bedroom, November 16-21. I am renting points for the first time. Our goal is as much MK as we can stand. Why are we going again? Well, not that this crowd needs a reason but we just didnt get enough last trip and while he is still young I crave that magic for my son. We plan to arrive on an early flight (landing at MCO around 0930) and are leaving that Friday on a late lunch flight so we can have one last breakfast. I might also reserve a room for 3 nights at the Contemporary for Michael, J and I to have our private time (only if the military discounts are extended).

The Who (more details will be in Introductions)

Me, Natasha, Hi hello! In 2.5 years (literally since the birth of my son) I have reunited with my long lost love, Disney animated film. I adored all of the princesses growing up (Ariel was a fave) and welcome the new ones as well. Last November was my first trip to WDW, I was born in San Diego and had been to DL quite a few times as a child. I'm 30 years young and am a DoD employee. I get up crazy early every morning so I can spend afternoons with my son. His father is deployed out of state and we are moving there super soon; VERY EXCITED about that.

Michael, the love of my life, 2 1/2 now but he will be 3 ¼ by next November. He is ALL boy but has a soft spot in his heart for all of those lovely ladies (the princesses of course). He loves to hear them sing. I often sing him A dream is a wish your heart makes while he is falling asleep. He also adores Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins and Jake. Frozen was the first movie he sat the entire time through in the theater and it was amazing to watch him (we went back two more times). He will listen to Let it Go any time of the day, 100 times over. Now dont let his good looks fool you he is mischievous with a capital M; Keeps me on my toes for sure.

Mr. Incredible, 38 (but doesnt look it), no pictures allowed (against work policies). But you will have to take my word for it hes quite handsome. mr I actually enjoys my child like enthusiasm over all things Disney and had to agree last time we needed more time; even calls me his princess. I has been to Disney multiple times before.

Mom and Dad (Deanna and Mike)
They both came with us last trip as well. It was a first for all of us, except Mr. I. They really got a taste for it and cant wait to go back. They loved the DDP and they loved Photopass.

Table of Contents

1. Introductions
2. MINI TR 1st VISIT
3. MINI TR CONTD.
4. MINI SPILLAGE
5. Renting DVC for the First time
6. Flights and Transportation
7. Resort
8. Dining Plan and ADRs
9. Must Do's This Time
10. Touring Plan

#1 Beach Club, Novmeber 13
#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

We Dreamed and its Trip #2 PTR

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 03-15-2014 at 07:21 PM.
momofmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 AM   #2
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Introductions in DEPTH

Natasha
This is ME! Like I said above I'm 30 and a DoD employee. I'm currently awaiting a long planned for move so our family can finally live together. I do all of the planning and budgeting. I love to splurge so sometimes my mother has to reel it in for me. If I had my way we would be on the Deluxe Dining plan this time but she said 104 a day per adult was too much. I almost agree. I love having 3 course meals though. I honestly probably gain 3-5 pounds every vaca I'm on but this time I plan on running.
Movie: Frozen
Character: Elsa
Park: MK/EPCOT
Ride: I havent been on all of them but I'd say Pirates (I actually saw the mermaid!)or the Ariel ride

Michael

Michael is my 2.5 year old son. He will be 3 months shy of 3.5 when we go on our trip. He currently has a few bad habbits, one of which is the binkie....You will see it throughout our mini tr pics because this mommy wasn't trying to fight that battle on vacation. We plan to not have it next trip. Like all toddlers he has multiple personalities but my favorite is the cuddly lovey boy who finds ALMOST all disney animated movies amazing. He will not watch Cars or the Bug one.

Movie: Frozen, today!
Character: Flynn Rider and Maximus
Park: MK
Ride: Dumbo hands down, he rode it 5-7 times last trip back to back

Mr. Incredible
Mr. I is an amazing dad and partner. He lets me dress him in disney clothes as well at the parks, such a trooper! The trip in November was our first as a family. For that fact alone it was amazing. I got to see him relax, sleep and eat (which for someone in his line of duty are not things done on a normal basis). He will most likely only be able to make 3 nights of our upcoming trip but that is plenty and I'm happy for anything.

Movie: Toy Story
Character: Buzz
Park: MK, hates Epcot (thinks its too educational) LOL
Ride: Buzz Lightyear

Mom and Dad (Deanna and Mike)

My parents are amazing. I don't know how I would have survived on my own with Michael without their help. My dad is almost 70 but still working and still helping me out. Mom is 3 years from 60 and in great shape. She loves walking. Recently she had a mommy makeover 20 years in the making. She looks fabulous but recovery has been tough. SHe is looking forward to borrowing some of my t's for the next trip. She thought the solid colors looked great in pics.

Movie: Mom, Beauty and the Beast Dad, Classic Mickey
Character: Mom, Belle Dad, Donald Duck
Park: Mom, Epcot Dad, MK
Ride: Ariel and Dumbo

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 01-08-2014 at 02:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #3
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Following along!
Old 01-07-2014, 05:37 PM   #4
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

MINI TR 1st VISIT

In leu of doing a full trip report for our first visit I want to a mini recap. The more pictures the better. I find if I start typing paragraphs I tend to be long winded.

Our 1st Trip ever was from November 14-17. We had to adjoining rooms at the Beach Club Resort and the regular dining plan. We also had 2 day park hoppers.

Arrival Day (Thursday)

We flew in and met Mr. I in Atlanta. We landed at MCO as a family at 730. Because our trip was so short I didnt want to waste time with Magical Express so we had a hired car. We got to the Beach Club at 815. Things were going great until checkin&..

Long story short checkin took over an hour for me and I never actually finished. I was pushed to 3 different managers. My magic band never worked and I was told my KTTW card would most likely not work either (but it did). I was frustrated but just ROLLED with it.

The Beach Club is a beautiful hotel. I never smelt the scent everyone raves about though. The view from our room was awesome! I cant remember the number.

Dad modeling their room

Our room after being lived in

Non zoomed view from our room

Zoomed view from our room

By 930, Michael was asleep, even through the fireworks that went off for what seemed like an hour. We alternated eating dinner at Beaches and Cream. My mom and I had planned to go do quick christmas shopping at DTD but decided to wait until Friday night.

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 01-08-2014 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:57 PM   #5
BaxFam
Earning My Ears

Great View!

What a Beautiful View!

We are going in June, so excited!

Zoomed view from our room
[/CENTER]

Past Land/Cruise Vacations[/COLOR]~[/B][/FONT]
10/2009-Disney Magic-daughter's first cruise
10/2008-Carnival Miracle/Western Caribbean
04/2008-Carnival Conquest/Western Caribbean
2007-Carnival Valor/Western Caribbean
2005-Cancun
2001-Carnival Elation/Mexican Riviera
1996-Carnival Destiny/Western Caribbean-honeymoon cruise
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfk6i9y5db.png[/img]
BaxFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #6
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Park Day 1 (MK and Epcot)

We got up bright and early and headed to the MK via bus. I was probably more excited than Michael. He does know that castle though! We had an 8:20 breakfast at Crystal Palace and in hindsight this is a GREAT TIME (I thought I wanted 8:00). We walked through the gates at 7:45 and got tons of pictures, PP and personal. Michael and my dad walked all the way to the carousel and back then we checked in at CP. This was by far my favorite breakfast the entire trip. The characters were great and so was the food and atmosphere. We had a perfect table and server as well.

Michael had his first haircut at Harmony Barber shop! After that we walked and rode rides until Michael was hungry. He gulped down a cinnamon bun from Gaston’s Tavern. Mom and I did a lot of character meets. Michael fell asleep right after eating so we explored. Mr. I let me ride a few big kid rides alone and we did a few together. Haunted Mansion can be pretty romantic sans kids. We ate lunch at Columbia Harbor House. I had the Lobster roll. It wasn’t great but the dessert (a berry cobbler) was dang good. After that my mom and I went to Adventure Land while Dad and Mr. I pushed Michael around and did some business from their phones. We decided we were all tired and went back to the hotel.

That night Mr. I and my Dad decided they would skip the princess dinner so Mom, Michael and I headed to Epcot. We walked around rode the 3 Caballeros ride twice (Michael loves Donald Duck), met Donald in person and then it started pouring. We tried to get into Akerhous a little early, no good. We wanted to meet Elsa and Anna, 3 hour wait, not happening. Finally, starving we settled on Tangerine Café in the rain under an umbrella. It was good, really good; on our list for next time. We packed up and headed back to the Beach Club.

I got Michael into a bath and tucked in and my mother and I took a cab to DTD to do Christmas shopping. NEVER NEVER AGAIN will I go to DTD on a weekend night. I must be getting old because the crowds and the over bearing loud techno music ruined it for me. I do not like to shop with someone bumping into me every 2 feet. Needless to say we were back at the hotel by 11, had a glass of wine with Mom at the Yacht Club Lounge and called it a night.

Park Day 2 (AK and EPCOT)

We woke up to clouds but no rain. Got dressed and went to AK early for a Tusker House breakfast. This was our bad luck day. Michael had a lot of cold symptoms. It was chilly and everything that could go wrong did. Bands didn’t work at entrance, people were grumpy and TH felt like a cattle drive. We had 8am reservations and instead of tiering people in it was like 20 parties at once, COMPLETE CHAOS Even the CM’s didn’t know where people were supposed to go. We got stuck in a tight corner near an exit door. After we left it was pouring. We almost left but decided to tough it out at least for the safari. We loved it but after that we left due to Michael just wanting to sleep and the rest of us not wanting to be out in the rain with a sick baby.

The rest of the afternoon was spent playing in the arcade and lunch at Beaches and Cream. My parents went exploring Epcot by themselves for a couple of hours after lunch. When they got back (530ish) Mr. Incredible and I had date night. We got ready and then headed to Epcot to walk, talk, be romantic and eat at Le Cellier. Even though our wait after checking in was 30 minutes I loved this meal. We were exhausted and missed the fireworks so went back to the room for bed. Mr. I had to get up at 4 to leave.

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 03-15-2014 at 07:24 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
lsenquiz
DIS Veteran

following along. We are also staying at BLT for our September Trip(see PTR is signature) so excited to follow your plans. I feel the same way as you about DTD on a weekend. It is just awful.

Last edited by lsenquiz; 01-08-2014 at 12:38 PM.
lsenquiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #8
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Mini TR Spillage...too many pics!

DEPARTURE DAY

Mr. I left early via cab. We had a great breakfast at Cape May, explored the boardwalk and hotel grounds and then played in the pool before saying goodbye!

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 01-08-2014 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Following along!
Thanks!!!!

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1
Old 01-08-2014, 02:08 PM   #10
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsenquiz View Post
following along. We are also staying at BLT for our September Trip(see PTR is signature) so excited to follow your plans. I feel the same way as you about DTD on a weekend. It is just awful.
Yay! Fellow BLTers! I am SOOO excited to be able to walk to the MK!

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1
Old 01-10-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Renting DVC for the First Time

I took the plunge! I put my deposit down and have a reservation confirmation. Am I nervous? Heck yes. I inherently do not trust people so I'm out of my comfort zone. Its a lot of money to give someone who could theoretically just cancel on us. I have spoke to our renter and did my research and feel comfortable.

I wanted a larger room to share and I wanted it at a deluxe resort closer to the MK. We rented 140 points for a 5 night stay at Bay Lake Towers in a standard view 1 bedroom room. We are fitting 3 adults and 1 child the majority of the trip. Mr. Incredible will only be there 2-3 nights. I picked BLT specifically for its location, not theming or pool.

I'm so excited November cannot come soon enough!

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1
Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #12
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

the dvc units are great!!! before we became owners we rented and our experience was perfect, even with a split stay Having that kitchen means if you want to, you can save hundreds on food.

Our Feb '14 Pre-Trip Report - Headed to the Grand Floridian Villas!

twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #13
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsouvenirs View Post
the dvc units are great!!! before we became owners we rented and our experience was perfect, even with a split stay Having that kitchen means if you want to, you can save hundreds on food.
That does set me at ease! Thank you. I love the idea of the kitchen but fear we will end up using it sparingly.

We will make good use of the washer/dryer though! I hate going home with dirty clothes or trying put a cold damp bathing suit back on.

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1
Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #14
momofmaz
Mouseketeer

So today I took a mental health day. I was technically working 14 hours yesterday with travel and my son was up 3 times from 1-4 AM. I'm exhausted but felt like finally getting out the DDP Calculator and tooling around with numbers. OK. The deluxe is a no go. I realize that its not for us. Thank you calculator, my mom will be happy. I do think we are going to do the Regular DDP though.

#2 AKL, May 14
#3 BLT, November 14

Never Finished PTR #1

Last edited by momofmaz; 02-01-2014 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:42 PM   #15
twinsouvenirs
Loving Double Trouble :)

I love the heart face concealer I am going to use mickey faces to block ours in posts so DH can't complain Your family is adorable--you and your mom look so much alike!

DH complains but he wears the Disney tees I buy him and stow in his luggage every trip

We Go Shop will grocery deliver and they will also stop at the liquor store--which has resulted in some lovely balcony evenings for us with tropical drinks!

I just discovered the dining plan calculators today, so handy! Since the girls are under three, not counting alcohol we are only budgeted to spend $458 on food all trip. I can't even justify the Tables in Wonderland card because you don't break even till $500, and our next trip is a very tentative next January since we aren't sure about traveling with a 5 month old.

How was the Harmony Barbershop experience? I have to add to my PTR timetable our First Haircuts DH said "the kids are going to think they grew up in Disney World". I was confused--is that a bad thing?

Our Feb '14 Pre-Trip Report - Headed to the Grand Floridian Villas!

twinsouvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: