Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #1561
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
I just wanted to let you know that we renewed at MK just yesterday and the CM there did not ask us to requalify. He seemed relieved to have such an easy task to deal with. I'm sure being in GR this past week has been rough.
thank you for posting.

Old 12-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #1562
disneyfan64
Earning My Ears

Confused

We visited Disneyland & California Adventure this December (2013) and when I was at Cali Adv I was told I didn't need a DAS, I was told by a cast member, since I was in my power wheelchair, that is all I need. I never was asked for it in either park. My question is will I have to get the DAS when we visit Walt Disney World this April? This trip it will be just my wife, me and a very surprised 6 year old son. Thank you for your time.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #1563
Rowanonfire
Mouseketeer

Making my FP+ reservations today. I will have a wheelchair but likely not a DAS. Making reservations for MK, am I right in thinking I won't really need a FP for: BTMR, SM, PP, IASW, and JC, as they have separate WC entrances? I can not manage long queues due to discomfort so need to get my planning right haha!
Old 12-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #1564
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan64 View Post
We visited Disneyland & California Adventure this December (2013) and when I was at Cali Adv I was told I didn't need a DAS, I was told by a cast member, since I was in my power wheelchair, that is all I need. I never was asked for it in either park. My question is will I have to get the DAS when we visit Walt Disney World this April? This trip it will be just my wife, me and a very surprised 6 year old son. Thank you for your time.
No.
The DAS program at DL and WDW are the same.
Most of the lines/attractions at WDW are actually Mainstream Lines - accessible thru the regular line. The few that are not have a wheelchair accessible route.

Since CMs can see your wheelchair, they will send you to the accessible path in those few situations where the regular line is not accessible. You don't need a DAS for that.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 12-31-2013, 02:03 PM   #1565
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspxyz View Post
I agree with lovethattink that sometimes Disney is not so magical. We have had our issues in Magic Kingdom with my son who is wheelchair bound and can not transfer onto many of the rides and leaving us to feel "magicless" at the time. However we do find the things he can do and enjoy them and have returned many many times to Disney.

I am very disappointed that Disney would allow a Make A Wish recipient not to be treated with royalty and extra special treatment. That is just down right wrong!!! The ones that truly deserve the special treatment miss out because of people before them who have tried to get special treatment undeserved. So sad.
That's one of the good things about Disney, there is so much more than attractions. My son has found a new interest at Epcot. He spent hours playing the games after Test Track. Since he can't ride TT and our MAW friends were on TT he began playing them. There are cards for non-riders at the desk at the car showcase area to design your own car and test race it!

Our friends are going to leave feed back. We have a mutual friend who's son's MAW trip is in March. Hopefully things will go better for them! They have the same WISH coordinator.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:07 PM   #1566
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

That's one of the good things about Disney, there is so much more than attractions. My son has found a new interest at Epcot. He spent hours playing the games after Test Track. Since he can't ride TT and our MAW friends were on TT he began playing them. There are cards for non-riders at the desk at the car showcase area to design your own car and test race it!

Our friends are going to leave feed back. We have a mutual friend who's son's MAW trip is in March. Hopefully things will go better for them! They have the same WISH coordinator.
Not sure if you have magic bands but you can use them well I know for the ride you can but not sure about the games at the exit Figure you can because it all RFID.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:50 PM   #1567
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Not sure if you have magic bands but you can use them well I know for the ride you can but not sure about the games at the exit Figure you can because it all RFID.
Yes! I saw people using their magic bands.

We tried our APs but they didn't work. So we were given a RFID card on a rubberband "bracelet". (Like the photopasses at the waterparks use to come on.)

Ds would spend the whole day in there if we let him. I parked myself against a wall between the virtual track and the place to design the cars. He loved it so much we went back yesterday so he could show dh how fun it was.
Old 12-31-2013, 03:20 PM   #1568
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post

Yes! I saw people using their magic bands.

We tried our APs but they didn't work. So we were given a RFID card on a rubberband "bracelet". (Like the photopasses at the waterparks use to come on.)

Ds would spend the whole day in there if we let him. I parked myself against a wall between the virtual track and the place to design the cars. He loved it so much we went back yesterday so he could show dh how fun it was.
Yeah I like what they did didn't get to play the games yet but wanted to. That great maybe one day Disney will come up with a web site so you can start it their work on it at home then go back and add stuff web your at Disney. I also like the fact hat you don't have to ride the ride to play the games you can go trough the exit and play.

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:46 PM   #1569
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney david View Post
Yeah I like what they did didn't get to play the games yet but wanted to. That great maybe one day Disney will come up with a web site so you can start it their work on it at home then go back and add stuff web your at Disney. I also like the fact hat you don't have to ride the ride to play the games you can go trough the exit and play.
We had stayed out of there ds hated all the noise in there anyway. Now, the redesign and games are "quiet" and not annoying compared to what was there before. He couldn't tolerate the noise waiting at the bench area at the ride exit though. But between there and the shop, he had a great time and didn't mind it.

That would be fun if they added something like that!

I'm so glad one can play the games without riding. It really was the highlight of his day on the 28th and yesterday, between getting a Fez in Morocco and playing that game he was having a blast!
Old 12-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #1570
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink

We had stayed out of there ds hated all the noise in there anyway. Now, the redesign and games are "quiet" and not annoying compared to what was there before. He couldn't tolerate the noise waiting at the bench area at the ride exit though. But between there and the shop, he had a great time and didn't mind it.

That would be fun if they added something like that!

I'm so glad one can play the games without riding. It really was the highlight of his day on the 28th and yesterday, between getting a Fez in Morocco and playing that game he was having a blast!
I have to chuckle at the games being 'quiet'. My job is cleaning all that stuff at night and some nights I think I might actually go insane from the noise since they often forget to turn it off. Race mode initated....grumble...roar....Race mode complete! x3 stations....over and over and over...LOL
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 12-31-2013, 04:55 PM   #1571
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have to chuckle at the games being 'quiet'. My job is cleaning all that stuff at night and some nights I think I might actually go insane from the noise since they often forget to turn it off. Race mode initated....grumble...roar....Race mode complete! x3 stations....over and over and over...LOL
Lol. Guess without the chatter and footsteps of a large group of people it sounds much louder?

Back to DAS, did they officially change the wait time from 10 minutes to 15? On the 28th we were sent into Character Connection and The Seas with Nemo right away with a 15 minute wait.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #1572
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink

Lol. Guess without the chatter and footsteps of a large group of people it sounds much louder?

Back to DAS, did they officially change the wait time from 10 minutes to 15? On the 28th we were sent into Character Connection and The Seas with Nemo right away with a 15 minute wait.
Yes it sure does!

And not that I know of for the time. I think they can use their discretion with the time.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 12-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #1573
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Yes it sure does!

And not that I know of for the time. I think they can use their discretion with the time.
That's what we were told.
Sometimes' the CM knows the posted wait is 15 minutes, but the actual wait is shorter. It did happen to us when we were at WDW in late October and early November.

There is no requirement to use the DAS just because you have one. We found many attractions when we went had 10-15 minute waits and we just went in the regular line.

And, with the old GAC (Guest Assistance Card), at many attractions guests with GACs were directed to the regular line if the wait was 15 minutes or less.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 01-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #1574
shortfieldno1
Earning My Ears

Touring Plans and DAS?

I am just curious if anyone has tried using an Optimized Touring Plan instead of the DAS? I have always had a GAC due to RA and Lupus. I don't know if I want to deal with the stress of it this year. We go for 2 weeks so that we can take it slow and skip rides with long waits. I even did that with the GAC.

So, if I can use the Touring Plans when I go in August, then maybe I won't need the DAS? Just wondering if anyone has tried this and if the waits were ok. I would like to NOT take steroids and pain meds to travel and deal with 2 young children. The sacrifices we make right.

We did this in DCA because I didn't get one there in August and it went quite well. DL gave me a GAC and that was front on the line access so to speak. I never got front of the line at WDW though. Just access to FP Legacy lines. Even sometime then I couldn't do it.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:14 PM   #1575
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortfieldno1 View Post
I am just curious if anyone has tried using an Optimized Touring Plan instead of the DAS? I have always had a GAC due to RA and Lupus. I don't know if I want to deal with the stress of it this year. We go for 2 weeks so that we can take it slow and skip rides with long waits. I even did that with the GAC.

So, if I can use the Touring Plans when I go in August, then maybe I won't need the DAS? Just wondering if anyone has tried this and if the waits were ok. I would like to NOT take steroids and pain meds to travel and deal with 2 young children. The sacrifices we make right.

We did this in DCA because I didn't get one there in August and it went quite well. DL gave me a GAC and that was front on the line access so to speak. I never got front of the line at WDW though. Just access to FP Legacy lines. Even sometime then I couldn't do it.
A lot of people have been very successful with touring plans

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: