DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
cropper
Mouseketeer

to sell or to rent out

We have 2 contracts. (BWV 90 & OKW 70)

Both kids play competitive sports.

Getting harder to schedule vacations around school and sports. (Yes, my kids have difficulty with this decision too! They LOVE their sports, they LOVE the vacations and HATE to make-up school work)

Trying to decide if we should sell the smaller contract (at a possible small profit) or rent the points out.

How do you ever decide to sell?

next trip 2015 but can't decide where to stay!
May 2012 Aulani
Jan 2012 addonitis hits - more points! OKW
Dec 2009 BWV
Oct 2007 BWV using OUR OWN POINTS!!
Jan 2007 bought our own DVC points at BWV!!
Dec 2005 OKW using rented points
cropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:32 PM   #2
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

I would try to rent them out a few years. In a couple of years (don't know the ages of your children) or before you know it, you won't have to worry about school schedules too much.

Sometimes I don't know how we did it. DH and I sometimes would split up. I have three children (youngest now 21) and between basketball, cheerleading, baseball (one year one of my sons was in three leagues) - I don't know how we did it. I actually miss those days. Cheerleading was an all year round commitment but we somehow managed our vacations for years.

Now - my grown kids use our dvc points and dh and go away alone. (One is married, one getting married).

Yes, you can sell and buy again if you wish to in the future but you already have them. You really need to see if it's worth the hassle by renting them, how many years do you see yourselves possibly not going, etc. etc. If you have lost interest, dues/vacations become a burden then maybe it is time to sell.

Good luck with your decision.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise ºoº '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
Nabas
Mouseketeer

If you plan to never use your smaller contact again, then it might be time to sell. Free up the cash for other uses.

However, if you are simply in a lull of a few years, then it's probably better to hold on.

The thing is, resale inventory in way up everywhere now. It might have been better to sell 6 months ago or a few months from now.

Median asking prices at OKW have remained pretty steady. Maybe just bank the points at this time?

Even though inventory has risen tremendously in the last 6 months, DVC contracts with banked points still sell pretty quick.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: