DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #1
koolac
Earning My Ears

Looking for add on resale for BCV

What would be a fair price per point to be safe to pass ROFR? Thanks, appreciate it!
koolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:58 PM   #2
Dee77
DIS Veteran

Each resort, the amount of points it is for and how many points are available right away are all factors that cause the asking and selling prices to vary. You should look over recent entries on the ROFR thread. Good luck!!

Sorry I didn't see the reference to BCV, silly iPhone screen cuts off the title. Anyway it looks like there haven't been too many members advising of their sales recently. One in Nov went for $85 another was $100 and back in Sept it was $95 that passed. Hmm not sure what to tell you

Nov 2008 SSR Studio, Dec 2009 OKW 2 Bedroom, Nov/Dec 2010 SSR 2 Bedroom, May 2011 BCV 1 Bedroom, Nov 2011 OKW 2 Bedroom,
Aug 2012 OKW 2 Bedroom, Aug 2013 OKW 1 Bedroom, Jan/Feb 2014 SSR 1 Bedroom,

Last edited by Dee77; 12-17-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Dee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolac View Post
What would be a fair price per point to be safe to pass ROFR? Thanks, appreciate it!
Go to some of the resale websites and you'll get a pretty good idea of the asking prices for different resorts. In my experience, the small contracts go pretty quick and often at asking price. There's generally more negotiation wiggle room on the large point contracts.
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine View Post
Go to some of the resale websites and you'll get a pretty good idea of the asking prices for different resorts. In my experience, the small contracts go pretty quick and often at asking price. There's generally more negotiation wiggle room on the large point contracts.

Really depends on how many points you are looking for.. 50 point contracts are going for $100 or more.... With closing costs it could exceed $5500. Buying BCV direct right now for 50 points would cost 6200 with incentives. Not much of a difference right now.
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #5
koolac
Earning My Ears

Great, thanks everyone for the input. I would like to purchase a smaller contract, but haven't seen many for less than 100 pts. I guess I'll just have to keep checking the resale sites everyday.
koolac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolac View Post
Great, thanks everyone for the input. I would like to purchase a smaller contract, but haven't seen many for less than 100 pts. I guess I'll just have to keep checking the resale sites everyday.
Get on their email and wait lists. By the time they hit the website, they might be spoken for already. Many never even get listed.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #7
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

I bought my 50 point contract in spring. Called seconds after it was listed. They had numerous back up offers, too. Banked & current year points $86/pt plus closing & mf
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #8
kenspidey
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan View Post
I bought my 50 point contract in spring. Called seconds after it was listed. They had numerous back up offers, too. Banked & current year points $86/pt plus closing & mf
That's gone for now ... Nothing close to that available
kenspidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
NoleFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenspidey View Post
That's gone for now ... Nothing close to that available
True. We are glad we bought when we did
NoleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:13 PM   #10
nabi
Home at Disney often!

Amazing isn't it. I'm surprised to be happy about the add on price we paid prior to the March price increase. Who would've thought?!?!
Old 12-26-2013, 08:06 AM   #11
Judique
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabi View Post
Amazing isn't it. I'm surprised to be happy about the add on price we paid prior to the March price increase. Who would've thought?!?!
LOL!!

Many of us who bought back in the 90ties and early 2000's say we wouldn't buy right now. But your post puts it all into perspective. Prices keep rising. Today's huge Disney buy in price may be tomorrow's bargain.......

I look at the low resale prices and realize that I can sell for what I paid and in some cases make some cash on my contracts. But I'm still going to Disney, so it's still not the time for me - may never be.

I am at the age where my contacts will match the years I will still want to go to Disney. But if I ever need an extra 30k, I know where to find it!
Judique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
michelleiada
DIS Veteran

I bought BCV points just over a year ago and paid $68 per point for a loaded contract. I can't believe what stripped contracts are currently selling for. YIKES! So glad we bought when we did. Now...I'd love to pick up some AKV points for a good price.

2012 BECAME DVC MEMBER AT BCV!

michelleiada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #13
IandGsmom
DL veteran. WDW novice.
Would rather live in Pine Valley

We didn't pass ROFR at the Beach Club. $70/point. I won't be looking for another BC since there are newer resorts at lower cost. for the $100pp BC is going for, I would rather have more Aulani or VGC (west coast owner)
Old 12-29-2013, 08:54 AM   #14
Pirate Granny
DIS Veteran

$70 for BCV in this market was a great deal. Not surprised that Disney ROFR...good luck in your next offer

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: