Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #571
katt789
DIS Veteran

Super excited that youíre going so soon, hopefully the MB issues donít come back up again! Weíve always had at least 1 problem with them so far but hey, itís testing, right?

Too bad about being late to MK, but hey, at least ya made it! Iíve only had hot coffee from that starbucks once and it was in JuneÖbahaha..

Ohno! So glad gavin didnít go on space then! I always wonder if people freak out at that part, who knows whats going to happen if youíve never been on it!

Aaaahh those ride pictures are PRICELESS man, your family!

I love the disneyboundign with make up! Obviosuly I try to arrange it to coordinate with something to do with the park Iím at that day! Arielís a really easy and nice one to do! Or Tink, green and sparklaly? Obviously some Frozen is ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA! Lol

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #572
ZehnJahren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I could always give you pointers on makeup. One pointer I actually have that's serious, is watch beauty gurus on YouTube. They are awesome! They review products so you know what to buy (I never buy without a bloggers backing anymore), and they show techniques that you can follow. Other than that, it's honestly just messing around. I messed around with makeup so much, did some horrible looks, but it was going through the horrible stuff that taught me how to get better.

I'm definitely a fan of the HM idea, because that happens to be my favorite attraction! I'm down with anything Disney inspired.
I try to do the youtube videos but I'm still not very good. I did a very very very basic look that looked good though; baby steps I guess! I am just now getting into eyeliner - I can only apply it with an angled brush, but it's perfect so I guess that's something!
ZehnJahren is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #573
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Danielle, I wasn't too far behind...thankfully. First, let me say that after ALL of my worry over the Magic Bands, we did not have a single problem with them.

The photos on Space Mountain are very good (loved the video too). But the photos on Buzz had me roaring with laughter.

I'm with your Dad; even though it was 85 last week, I still had to have my hot Starbucks drink.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:13 AM   #574
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

I LOVE the red hair on you! It looks great! I also get bored very easily with my hair. I have tried to dye it a deep brown (both at home and at salon) and no matter what it is completely faded away within 2 weeks max. So please, feel free to share your top secrets to keeping hair color with me

The pictures on buzz lightyear are a riot! It totally looks planned.

I can't believe your trip is sooo soon! Sooo exciting!!!

I have a crush on a mouse
precious pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 AM   #575
Bancroft

I want to resale my sencond dresses to others.
I just wear for one time for a party.
it's new.
it is the dress:
http://www.dressfirst.com/Under-100-Bridesmaids-Dresses

Last edited by Bancroft; 12-10-2013 at 01:19 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #576
DVCWDWMEMBER
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenaJane View Post
Thanks for your trip report! I started reading yesterday and just caught up. There were several times at work today I had a "What in the World?!" moment and thought of that picture of your Pop! Your family looks like so much fun! If your parents are interested in adopting a 35year old lady, I'm just saying, I am available!
We will gladly adopt you. The more Disney fans in the family the merrier
6/85 Offsite:12/86 DI: 8/88, 1/98, 5/00 DLR- Offsite:12/91 CR: 11/93 FWC: 1/99 POFQ: 9/99 CSR:01/02 CB/PR: 01/03 BCV: 12/03 DCL/BCV:10/04, 10/08 SSR: 05/05 PR: 01/06 WL: 05/06 GC-DLR: 11/06 POFQ: 02/07 DLH-DLR:11/07 BWV/POR: 05/08 OKW/VB: 05/09 AK/VB:10/09 GF:09/10 Disneyland Paris :11/10 POP: 07/11 BLT: 9/11 OKW: 6/12 Disneyland Paris : 7/13 WL,SSR-THV,AK :1/14 SSR:5/14 BC :11/14 WL

DVCWDWMEMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:29 PM   #577
ElenaJane
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
You are so sweet! Until adoption of adults is legal, I will just live vicariously through your family trip reports.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #578
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for your trip report! I started reading yesterday and just caught up. There were several times at work today I had a "What in the World?!" moment and thought of that picture of your Pop! Your family looks like so much fun! If your parents are interested in adopting a 35year old lady, I'm just saying, I am available!

Glad that you're enjoying it! Pop's face in that picture was hysterical, and I love the fact that it has so many applications.

We welcome all sorts of Disney lovers into our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Super excited that youíre going so soon, hopefully the MB issues donít come back up again! Weíve always had at least 1 problem with them so far but hey, itís testing, right?

Too bad about being late to MK, but hey, at least ya made it! Iíve only had hot coffee from that starbucks once and it was in JuneÖbahaha..

Ohno! So glad gavin didnít go on space then! I always wonder if people freak out at that part, who knows whats going to happen if youíve never been on it!

Aaaahh those ride pictures are PRICELESS man, your family!

I love the disneyboundign with make up! Obviosuly I try to arrange it to coordinate with something to do with the park Iím at that day! Arielís a really easy and nice one to do! Or Tink, green and sparklaly? Obviously some Frozen is ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA! Lol
Yeah, I'm taking the Magic Bands with a grain of salt for now, since they are still in testing. That's what this whole period is for.

I'm thinking up dis-makeupbounding ideas as we speak. I'm excited to give them a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZehnJahren View Post
I try to do the youtube videos but I'm still not very good. I did a very very very basic look that looked good though; baby steps I guess! I am just now getting into eyeliner - I can only apply it with an angled brush, but it's perfect so I guess that's something!
Basic is the way to start.

Eyeliner takes a long time to accomplish, especially the wings. Angled brushes are great for it. I use a teeny weeny liner brush because I like it better for freehand purposes, but it took me some time to work up to that.
IheartDDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:43 PM   #579
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Danielle, I wasn't too far behind...thankfully. First, let me say that after ALL of my worry over the Magic Bands, we did not have a single problem with them.

The photos on Space Mountain are very good (loved the video too). But the photos on Buzz had me roaring with laughter.

I'm with your Dad; even though it was 85 last week, I still had to have my hot Starbucks drink.
Vacation is always the worst with that, isn't it?! I feel like I fall so far behind on all my threads after a trip.

I'm glad to hear you had no issues with the Magic Bands! I'm super excited to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by precious pixie View Post
I LOVE the red hair on you! It looks great! I also get bored very easily with my hair. I have tried to dye it a deep brown (both at home and at salon) and no matter what it is completely faded away within 2 weeks max. So please, feel free to share your top secrets to keeping hair color with me

The pictures on buzz lightyear are a riot! It totally looks planned.

I can't believe your trip is sooo soon! Sooo exciting!!!
Thanks! I love it too.

The advice I have on any color treated hair is:

1) Use color protecting shampoo and conditioner. My advice within that though is to use shampoo that is sulfate free. Sulfates really strip hair, and unfortunately it's in most shampoos, because it's what makes it lather. Loreal however, makes a really nice affordable one called Everpure.

2) Do not wash your hair every day. It sounds gross for some people, but it's really not recommended for color treated hair. I actually wash my hair every five days. Water, especially hot water opens the hair follicles, causing color to drain.

3) Use dry shampoo when you don't wash your hair. It's a LIFESAVER!

4) Wash hair in cold water. This is the hardest one for me, and sometimes I don't do it, but it's recommended.

5) Deep condition your hair. It helps keep the color pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCWDWMEMBER View Post
Quote:
You are so sweet! Until adoption of adults is legal, I will just live vicariously through your family trip reports.
Hahaha, keep on living vicariously. My Mom will adopt any Disney loving folks!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #580
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Won't You Take Me To.......Dumbotown!!!!

We had just gotten off of Buzz Lightyear, where my Mom mysteriously scored 999,999 points in like 5 seconds. We still have no idea how that happened, and she clearly wasn't paying attention to what she was doing.

Someone ELSE also was not paying attention and somehow ended up in Rex's mouth.

He lives dangerously you know.

After that, we decided that we were going to head to Dumbotown! (Read my November 2012 TR if you haven't already to understand where that comes from). Let's just say that Jeni is a goober.

Our first stop was Dumbo. Mom and Dad decided to wait it out. Not sure why, but they did. So the rest of us headed in.

On the way in, we attempted to get the boys into a Dumbo for a photo op. Oh, we ended up with a photo op all right.

This.

And this.

*sigh* Life is never normal with that child.

In case you weren't sure which way you were going....they announce it for you.

I love this area.

We let the boys play for a little while in here. There was virtually no line for the ride, so we let them play for a bit.

We were sitting next to another lady and her daughter was running in the play area as well. We were just chatting away and suddenly we hear crying.

Let's just call it that moment when all adults look at each other and wonder "is that my kid?!"

It was Joaquin. We are still unsure what happened, but I think he fell over in one of the climbing areas. He was okay and wasn't hurt, just stunned more than anything. At that point we decided that it was a good idea to just head on to the ride.

While we were waiting for our Dumbo to arrive, we put my ears on the boys. Because nothing says good parenting like taking pictures of your kids to embarrass them with later in life!

Mom was apparently doing the creep on us from really far away.

And she did the creep on me from really far away.

Clearly, Joaquin has laser vision and saw Mom taking pictures.

Meanwhile, on the Dumbo ride....

Yeti was driving. That's a dangerous thing.

Gavin had been freaking out in line. This child, I tell you. Scared of Dumbo. You can see him gripping the side of his Dumbo here.

He survived, but that's basically because we forced him to get on the ride. That's how we do.

If you look really closely in this picture, you can see Joaquin is just smiling up a storm.

We enjoyed our flight around the sky with Dumbo. Gavin admitted that he liked it and that it was fun. Thankfully he survived.

Of course we were in Dumbotown, so we were going to see The Amazing Donaldo and the Great Goofini!

The boys had already met Goofy and Donald at the Backyard Barbecue, and they were all like "buy we met them already". Get with the program boys, you're going and you're going to like it!

First up was Goofini.

Have to pay attention to him signing the book you know.

Continued in next post:
Old 12-10-2013, 07:58 PM   #581
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Won't You Take Me To.....Dumbotown!!! - Part 2

Awww, Joaquin can look normal and cute!

And then not....

They were slightly hesitant with Donaldo at first. I think it was his bill.

They were ALL about Duffy being in the picture.

Here's the story with Duffy. Gavin wanted the Duffy. But you know how kids are. Joaquin got to see what Gavin had and was doing with Duffy and then he started wanting one. He didn't get a Duffy, because we wanted him to pick something for himself, and his pick will appear later. But he literally kept trying to glom on to having Duffy in pictures, and Gavin wasn't having it. *sigh* Kid problems.

I had to get in on the picture because Donald is my FAVE! Duh!

See Joaquin all up on the little Duffy?

The one thing about the area is the lighting is just strange. All of the pictures you take with your normal phone turn out funky. Like this.

The meet and greet went well, the boys had fun. And Dad had some fun in the dump shop.

See Kathy, I told you I had almost the same picture! Baby Dumbo is just so absolutely adorable.

Up next: I've never been so small before!
Old 12-10-2013, 08:24 PM   #582
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Danielle, such a fun update. First, you go to Mark's longtime favorite, Dumbo, and you get silly pictures of the boys, Yeti drives, you see Goofy and Donald and your Dad is holding Baby Dumbo. It doesn't get much better than that!
Old 12-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #583
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Danielle, such a fun update. First, you go to Mark's longtime favorite, Dumbo, and you get silly pictures of the boys, Yeti drives, you see Goofy and Donald and your Dad is holding Baby Dumbo. It doesn't get much better than that!
It really doesn't get any better than that! I wish that my life was like that every day!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:07 AM   #584
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I have yet to have gone inside Dumbo's play area but I'm pretty sure the kids will love it. Great update!

The way the Yeti has positioned himself over the controls of Dumbo - just looks painful.

And those cobras that Donald has in his meet and greet area are pretty elaborate! They kind of remind me of Jafar's staff. You know, the one he uses to hypnotize the Sultan?

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #585
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
I have yet to have gone inside Dumbo's play area but I'm pretty sure the kids will love it. Great update!

The way the Yeti has positioned himself over the controls of Dumbo - just looks painful.

And those cobras that Donald has in his meet and greet area are pretty elaborate! They kind of remind me of Jafar's staff. You know, the one he uses to hypnotize the Sultan?
The play area is a lot of fun. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about going in there myself.

Hahahaha, it was painful! Trying to get him positioned just right.

They do look like Jafar's staff, don't they? Make me think of Ka from the Jungle Book too. "Trust in me....."

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: