Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #91
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by librarygeek View Post
I start a new job tomorrow, and I am also in a play that opens on Friday night.

Yay on the new job! My brother used to do plays and that was always neat, but alas, I am not in the Philly area or likely to be. "Best of luck" or "break a leg," your choice.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:26 AM   #92
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Becky, congratulations on your new job and being in a play - all in one week! What an awesome tour! I will have to find more information on that because I REALLY think that would be incredible. I had read your dining review with the lunch earlier so I was already interested but to see this part of it really makes me want to do this.

Also since I'm catching up.... the bachelor party sounds like an evening of fun between the limo, dinner at DTD, bachelorette pole dancing (no photos, really! ha ha!), and then the fun at City Walk with karaoke. I'd have to have more than a few cocktails in me to get up there and sing... and that's when the laughter would begin!

I'm so enjoying your TR and DR.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #93
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post

Yay on the new job! My brother used to do plays and that was always neat, but alas, I am not in the Philly area or likely to be. "Best of luck" or "break a leg," your choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Becky, congratulations on your new job and being in a play - all in one week! What an awesome tour! I will have to find more information on that because I REALLY think that would be incredible. I had read your dining review with the lunch earlier so I was already interested but to see this part of it really makes me want to do this.

Also since I'm catching up.... the bachelor party sounds like an evening of fun between the limo, dinner at DTD, bachelorette pole dancing (no photos, really! ha ha!), and then the fun at City Walk with karaoke. I'd have to have more than a few cocktails in me to get up there and sing... and that's when the laughter would begin!

I'm so enjoying your TR and DR.
Thanks!! It's been an exhausting week! I have off tomorrow though so hopefully I can post an update And my DVD of our anniversary pics just came in the mail, so I'll be able to share some of those as well with my next update!
librarygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #94
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Anniversary Evening

I'm finally back for an update! Settling into the new job, and our show is going well!

After a quick nap, I got up to start getting ready for our 2nd anniversary photo shoot. I know some people pay to have their hair and make up done and all that, but I just did it myself. Nothing fancy, just basic make up and straightening my hair - I was relieved it looked okay and didn't frizz up in the Florida heat!

We met David and Vicki Arndt at the Art of Animation resort. Let me just gush about them for a moment. They are two of the most amazing people you will ever meet. They are fun, sweet, and make you feel so comfortable! If you are ever considering any sort of photo shoot, definitely contact them. Their work is absolutely gorgeous. It's so clear that they have a natural eye for it and I couldn't be happy with the results. http://davidandvickiarndtphoto.com/

It was my first time at AoA and I loved it! We started in the Cars area and then worked our way through Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Nemo. It looked like it was going to rain the whole time but luckily it didn't until we were done. I also brought a prop with me - a fairy tale book that was mine as a kid growing up. As a librarian and a fairy tale dork these made for some of my favorite pictures!

Here are the highlights of some of my favorites from the shoot. I'm usually not so vain and posting so many pictures of myself, but I figured people might be inerested, and if not feel free to ignore this post! :

We then went to Jiko for dinner and went all out. You can check out the details and pics in my dining review, but we had a fantastic bottle of wine and some great food. Definitely one of the best meals I've had at Disney!
Old 11-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #95
jedimeg16
Mouseketeer

Adorable pictures! I love the one with Sebastian!

'Ohana Means Family - My first TR
jedimeg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #96
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Becky, I watched the, I guess, "trailer", you posted on FB. The show looks wonderful!

Okay... So even though I did see a few of these photos already, I've been looking forward to seeing the shoot since you first talked about it so long ago. And OMG, they're FANTASTIC!!!

I got a real chuckle with the "fixing Mater" shot.

Basically I just love how you used the props so brilliantly and that last one is fabulous and pure Disney!
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #98
shalom
DIS Veteran

Your anniversary pics are adorable!

I wondered how they'd incorporate the book, and I love their ideas; I think my favorite pic is you with the book and your hubby imitating the Prince Eric statue. Second favorite is when he's reading over your shoulder. So the prop was a great plan. Although I gotta wonder what your hubby thinks of the implications of the Beauty and the Beast one.

I seem to be in a very smilie mood...
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #99
JessM
We all have a dream

I LOVE the anniversary pictures! They came out great! I also love the dress you are wearing, its super cute!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:06 AM   #100
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimeg16 View Post
Adorable pictures! I love the one with Sebastian!
Thank you! We definitely had some fun with some of those pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Becky, I watched the, I guess, "trailer", you posted on FB. The show looks wonderful!

Okay... So even though I did see a few of these photos already, I've been looking forward to seeing the shoot since you first talked about it so long ago. And OMG, they're FANTASTIC!!!

I got a real chuckle with the "fixing Mater" shot.

Basically I just love how you used the props so brilliantly and that last one is fabulous and pure Disney!
Thank you! I'm glad you liked the trailer for the show. We have one weekend left and I'm going to miss it so much!

I'm really glad we did our shoot at AoA, because I thought the props were so much fun to play with and provided some really original shots!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Oh my goodness!!! Your anniversary pics are absolutely beautiful. I am so glad that you shared them. You must be so thrilled with how they came out!
Thank you! We are very happy with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalom View Post
Your anniversary pics are adorable!

I wondered how they'd incorporate the book, and I love their ideas; I think my favorite pic is you with the book and your hubby imitating the Prince Eric statue. Second favorite is when he's reading over your shoulder. So the prop was a great plan. Although I gotta wonder what your hubby thinks of the implications of the Beauty and the Beast one.

I seem to be in a very smilie mood...
Hahaha well he's gotten used to the fact that Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Though I originally wanted to do a Beauty and the Beast theme for our wedding, but he didn't want everything thinking he was a beast I'm also really happy with what they did with the book. I didn't have any creative ideas, but I told the photographers I was bringing it and they came up with some fun stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I LOVE the anniversary pictures! They came out great! I also love the dress you are wearing, its super cute!
Thank you! The dress is from Modcloth, it was definitely a good purchase!
Old 11-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #101
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Ugh, sorry I've been slacking on the updates again! I've been trying to tackle Nanowrimo (National Novel Writing Month, if you haven't heard of it), and so November has felt extremely busy. Every time I'm at my computer I've just been working on my novel! But a lazy Sunday is a good time for an update, so here we go! Plus I head back to Disney in 2 weeks, 3 days, so I'd love to finish this TR before then!!

The Wedding - Ceremony

We started off the morning with a breakfast at Boma. You can see the review in my dining thread, but we weren't overly impressed. It was fine, but for us it was just nothing really all that special.

After breakfast I brought my stuff over to my friends' room, who were also staying at AKL. We figured it would be fun to do some girl time and get ready together! And good thing too, because I needed their help zipping up my dress. I didn't gain weight, I swear, it was just a sticky zipper! We did our hair and make up together, and then DH picked me up so we could head over to the wedding pavilion. (My friends were at Kidani and we were at Jambo house). However, DH forgot the wedding gift in our hotel room... so back to Jambo house we went, and ran all the way back to the room to grab it before being on our way!

Luckily we weren't at all late, but the only bummer was that I didn't manage to get an aisle seat, which I normally love for taking pictures. It was a gorgeous morning and perfect for wedding!

The wedding pavilion is definitely a picturesque fairy tale place for a wedding.

I loved the colors of the bridal party - their colors were red and turquoise. The dresses were so pretty, and I loved the accent colors with the belts!

And of course, the bride looked absolutely stunning. Her dress was magical, and she was just radiating with happiness

The flower girl was also too cute. She was very friendly, and we had a lot of fun dancing with her at the reception later too!

The ceremony was short but sweet, pretty much exactly the way it should be. They both seemed so happy, and it was a lovely thing to watch. The only thing that went slightly wrong was the fact that the officiant skipped over the sand ceremony! We saw everything set up for it, and it was in the program, but I guess he just forgot. Luckily the couple was completely unfazed by this.

And as a fun surprise, they had the major domo come in with the rings! They staged a cute little bit where it looked like the best man had forgotten them, and he looked all panicked... but then in comes major domo to the rescue!

Husband and wife!

And off they went, whisked off in Cinderella's coach!

It was a beautiful ceremony, and after it was all over we got ready to head over to Atlantic Dance Hall for the reception!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:44 AM   #102
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

Wow, what a beautiful ceremony.

I can't imagine how magical it would be to be driven away in Cinderella's coach IN Disney World.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #103
JessM
We all have a dream

I love the bridesmaids dresses too. I've never seen that combination before but they look great!
JessM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #104
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Beautiful pics!
Old 11-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #105
librarygeek
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKid4Life View Post
Wow, what a beautiful ceremony.

I can't imagine how magical it would be to be driven away in Cinderella's coach IN Disney World.
I know, it would be incredible! DH and I are talking about maybe someday doing a vow renewal in Disney, so hopefully I'll get to experience it one day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessM View Post
I love the bridesmaids dresses too. I've never seen that combination before but they look great!
The colors worked really well together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiigirl View Post
Beautiful pics!
Thank you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: