Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 11:41 PM   #571
4pmama
Earning My Ears

Also, we have a similarly long trek coming from Oregon with a 22-month-old sibling who hates to be still...wishing for safe happy travels!
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3134773 MAW Family! Caitlin Jeremy Ramona (4p-/Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome-WISH KID!) and Ezra (Ramona's wild baby bro) Going to WDW November 2013!
4pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #572
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwquigman View Post
Can't believe we are leaving tomorrow AM for our Wish. Long flight from Cali with a 20 month old and a 4 year old wish kid but sooooooo loooking forward to this. Hopefully it doesn't rain and we get great weather. Will try to post a trip report with photos this time (darn photo bucket).

Anyway, just wanted to say thank you for all the tips and tricks. Gonna be a magical (well paced and not overloaded with too much) week.

Take care!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pmama View Post
We will be there on Monday night! Yay! Have an amazing time, and maybe we will see you there!
I'm so excited for both of you and your families!!! Happy Wish Tripping!!!!

Magic here you come!!!!

Hugs,

Madeline

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #573
terratalking
Earning My Ears

Ok I must not be looking in the right places - but where do I find a list of events at GKTW? like for planning purposes to know "monday night is this party" and "friday night is that party" type of stuff?

If anyone can help direct me that way that would be awesome and appreciated!! thank you!

terra

To read more about Kendall's story - check out her Facebook Page
Hope for Kendall
Or read more on my blog: Terra Talking

Kendall's MAW trip PTR - "Part of Her World"
terratalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #574
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by terratalking View Post
Ok I must not be looking in the right places - but where do I find a list of events at GKTW? like for planning purposes to know "monday night is this party" and "friday night is that party" type of stuff?

If anyone can help direct me that way that would be awesome and appreciated!! thank you!

terra
Here is the GKTW handbook.... weekly schedule is on page 21.

http://www.gktw.org/pre/pdf/village-guide.pdf

Weekly Entertainment Schedule
Sunday
" Ashleys Art Corner from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Castle of Miracles
" The Worlds Largest CANDY LAND Game from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Matthews Boundless Playground*
Monday
" Disney Character photos at Julies Safari Theatre and Castle of Miracles from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. " Discovery Cove Animal Encounter from 6:45 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
" Mayor Claytons Hare-Raising Halloween from 7 p.m to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels
" Family Dive-In Movie at sundown at the Park of Dreams Ship Stage*
Tuesday
" Nickelodeon Character photos in the Castle of Miracles from 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. " Mayor Claytons Birthday Party from 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels* " Fishing at the Happy Harbor Gazebo from 6:45 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.*
Wednesday
" Horseback Riding from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Keatons Korral*
" Village Idol on the Avenue of Angels followed by Julies Safari Theatre from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Thursday
" Disney Character photos at Julies Safari Theatre and Castle of Miracles from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m.
" Winter Wonderland from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. along the Avenue of Angels*
" Winter Wonderland Parade at 8 p.m. on the Avenue of Angels*
" Santa Claus in Julies Safari Theatre from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Dont forget to pick out your
Christmas surprise!
Friday
" Universal Orlando Character photos from 8:30 a.m. to 9 a.m. in the Castle of Miracles
" Pirates and Princesses Party with Shamu and friends from 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Park of
Dreams Ship Stage*
" Ms. Merrys Tea Party from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Castle of Miracles
Saturday
" Horseback Riding from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Keatons Korral*
" Poolside cookout at the Park of Dreams from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.*
" Big Splash Bash in the Park of Dreams from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.* " Family Dive-In Movie at sundown at the Park of Dreams Ship Stage*

*Activity may be canceled or moved to an alternate location in the event of inclement weather.
that's nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:44 PM   #575
terratalking
Earning My Ears

Thank you so much!! Very helpful to have an idea of times/activities!

Terra

To read more about Kendall's story - check out her Facebook Page
Hope for Kendall
Or read more on my blog: Terra Talking

Kendall's MAW trip PTR - "Part of Her World"
terratalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #576
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

Hey All! I so wish I would have had more time to be on the boards while waiting for Jerzey's trip to come....but just so much that has been going on with wedding planning (Big Day Saturday!) and sports and hunting and OH MY!!!!! So we leave on Monday for WDW and I am starting my lists of what all we need....with the Halloween Party at GKTW do we bring the kids' costumes with us from home or do they have costumes there for it? And any tips on what to bring or what you don't need to bring would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
Meeks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #577
Redwavess
Mallory's Magical Wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeks23 View Post
Hey All! I so wish I would have had more time to be on the boards while waiting for Jerzey's trip to come....but just so much that has been going on with wedding planning (Big Day Saturday!) and sports and hunting and OH MY!!!!! So we leave on Monday for WDW and I am starting my lists of what all we need....with the Halloween Party at GKTW do we bring the kids' costumes with us from home or do they have costumes there for it? And any tips on what to bring or what you don't need to bring would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks everyone!!!
The biggest must have for my kids at the airport was their video games. That really helped pass the time. I'm not sure about the Halloween party, but for the other parties if the kids wanted to dress up like a princess or pirate or in Christmas clothes etc we had to bring them with us. So, I would suggest that you bring for them what they might want to wear. We went in February and many of the parks have water play so it might help to have a swim suit or change of clothes in case. Of course the weather might not permit that, but I wish I would have known to do this before our trip.

Happy Wedding!!!

And Happy Wish Tripping!!!

Madeline

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602026 Mallory Makes a Magical Wish! -- UPDATE -- I wish for... Rudolph!? pg. 4 Post #46

Redwavess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #578
Meeks23
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redwavess View Post
The biggest must have for my kids at the airport was their video games. That really helped pass the time. I'm not sure about the Halloween party, but for the other parties if the kids wanted to dress up like a princess or pirate or in Christmas clothes etc we had to bring them with us. So, I would suggest that you bring for them what they might want to wear. We went in February and many of the parks have water play so it might help to have a swim suit or change of clothes in case. Of course the weather might not permit that, but I wish I would have known to do this before our trip. Happy Wedding!!! And Happy Wish Tripping!!! Madeline
Thanks for the tips!!!!!!
Meeks23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #579
sunleigh
Earning My Ears

wish trip dates set

My daughter will be heading to Disney for the first time in January for her wish trip. Sadly during Januray GKTW is closed This is the only month we can go, I am in school for respiratory therapy and on break then. We do not want to prolong my daughters trip due to her medical fragile state. Any cold can take her from us at this point so we feel time is of the essence. I am bummed that we will not be at GKTW and stressed more now about meals and the possiblity of bad weather. Can anyone suggest indoor activities to do on Disney properties if the weather would get bad, as in too cold for my DD? Anyone experience January weather, what should I be really expecting? Thanks in advance, we are pretty well versed in Disney just not in colder weather or when taking our sweet disabled lady along for the trip

Leigh
My DD's Make a Wish trip, her first time to Disney 1/14 Thanks MAW!
We have become a DISNEY FAMILY

sunleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #580
rymahoney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunleigh View Post
My daughter will be heading to Disney for the first time in January for her wish trip. Sadly during Januray GKTW is closed This is the only month we can go, I am in school for respiratory therapy and on break then. We do not want to prolong my daughters trip due to her medical fragile state. Any cold can take her from us at this point so we feel time is of the essence. I am bummed that we will not be at GKTW and stressed more now about meals and the possiblity of bad weather. Can anyone suggest indoor activities to do on Disney properties if the weather would get bad, as in too cold for my DD? Anyone experience January weather, what should I be really expecting? Thanks in advance, we are pretty well versed in Disney just not in colder weather or when taking our sweet disabled lady along for the trip Leigh
The weather is so unpredictable. We went last right after New Years and it was warm everyday but one. 70-85. The other day it's was in upper 60's. So never cold. But we know people that went 2 weeks before and they had to wear coats and gloves almost everyday. So it's so hard to tell. We are chancing it again this year and going jan 7th - 14th. Anyway I hope your daughter had a wonderful time !
rymahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #581
sunleigh
Earning My Ears

Our trips will overlap,we will be there from the 4th to the 10th
Hoping for good warmish weather for both of us!!!Can anyone explain or link me to how rides work when the wish kid can not go on it, like splash mountain? can we still use the fast pass entrance? What about a ride with no fast pass entrance, how do we get on those with her wish pin, for example the magic carpets of alladin?

Thanks again,
Leigh

Old 11-24-2013, 11:46 PM   #582
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunleigh View Post
Our trips will overlap,we will be there from the 4th to the 10th
Hoping for good warmish weather for both of us!!!Can anyone explain or link me to how rides work when the wish kid can not go on it, like splash mountain? can we still use the fast pass entrance? What about a ride with no fast pass entrance, how do we get on those with her wish pin, for example the magic carpets of alladin?

Thanks again,
Leigh
We went on our sons wish trip in June. When there were rides he did not want to go on we just gave the lanyard to one of his sisters and they were able to use it. For the rides with no FP entrance it is up to the CM. Disney was not as good as Universal and Sea World with getting us right in. At Disney for the shows we had to stay in the regular line. For some rides they took us to a special entrance and we got right on. I think our average wait time was about 15-20 minutes. So not bad at all. Hope you guys have a magical time!!

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:03 PM   #583
sunleigh
Earning My Ears

30 days away tomorrow

30 days out from our wish trip tomorrow

been in the hospital for a week as of tomorrow

please send good vibes to my sweet DD, this trip means so much to all of us!

she came in with a case of mrsa and now is having respiratory issues. Her respiratory status is in a dangerous state on a regular basis, her wish trip was a rush trip because we just do not know how long she will be with us. this is her second hospitalization in a month involving respiratory distress.

Just sitting here worrying and needed to put it out there where other parents understand what it is like to have a medically fragile child. Many people just do not understand!

Old 12-03-2013, 10:43 PM   #584
Lilfoot93
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE="sunleigh;50189725"]30 days out from our wish trip tomorrow been in the hospital for a week as of tomorrow please send good vibes to my sweet DD, this trip means so much to all of us! she came in with a case of mrsa and now is having respiratory issues. Her respiratory status is in a dangerous state on a regular basis, her wish trip was a rush trip because we just do not know how long she will be with us. this is her second hospitalization in a month involving respiratory distress. Just sitting here worrying and needed to put it out there where other parents understand what it is like to have a medically fragile child. Many people just do not understand![/

Prayers being sent your way.

Jackie

TR: Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Trevor DS 7 (wish kiddo) Allie DD 4 Kara DD 4
Lilfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #585
pitterpint23
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunleigh
30 days out from our wish trip tomorrow

been in the hospital for a week as of tomorrow

please send good vibes to my sweet DD, this trip means so much to all of us!

she came in with a case of mrsa and now is having respiratory issues. Her respiratory status is in a dangerous state on a regular basis, her wish trip was a rush trip because we just do not know how long she will be with us. this is her second hospitalization in a month involving respiratory distress.

Just sitting here worrying and needed to put it out there where other parents understand what it is like to have a medically fragile child. Many people just do not understand!
Thinking of her. Give her hugs for the DIS moms and dads
pitterpint23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: