Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #31
richardlfd135
Earning My Ears

They picked up Liquid Draino and plungers.
richardlfd135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:38 PM   #32
scootch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
Hi Silver,

Hmm..........orange cartons could be anything, not likely compressed gas of some type.

Which leads back to something for the work being done, something they needed for the refit or repairing the plumbing maybe! Maybe a chemical to clean out the pipes???........

AKK
My friend posted this on facebook, they are onboard.

The announcement said we needed "essential spare parts". Mike and I watched from Deck 4 as they brought on carbon dioxide cylinders.
~~Nov 2005 Contemporary
~~November 2006 Contemporary Making memories with my 21 year old niece with cancer
Sweet Lindsey passed March 2007
~~November 2007 WL
~~Nov 08 VWL
~~Nov 09 WDW BLT DiscoveryCove SeaWorld and DCL Wonder
~~April 2011 B2B Disney Dream
~~Nov 2011 WDW/BLT
~~Nov 2012 VWL/ Eastern Fantasy
~~ June 2013 DISNEYLAND/CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE
~~Feb 2014 Contemporary/ Disney Eastern Fantasy
~~Nov 2014 Disney Grand Floridian Villas
scootch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #33
FenwickFamily
Earning My Ears

Same problems here

I know it only took us out of our way for a couple hours, but they had to close the stores, drain the pool and the reason I went with the 5 day cruise was to have the day at sea, we left beautiful sunny skies into cloudy windy rougher seas so the day was lost, we were told by concierge that they needed new refrigerators for the food but that doesn't sound right??? We too on deck eight had plumbing problems no toilets and rented a cabana at castaway cay and the door of fridge was so rusted it fell off so there went our cold drinks!!!!! Ship is beautiful but there are tons of contractors all over, chemical smells in hallway for whatever they are doing...which is all understandable but for the money paid ?????a little disappointing nothing was said or no compensation was given! I love Disney and loved the cruise but to pay the same amount people two months from now will pay and there will be none of these problems, not very Disney like
FenwickFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #34
ranidayz
DIS Veteran is a....... Caribbean Amphibian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickFamily View Post
I know it only took us out of our way for a couple hours, but they had to close the stores, drain the pool and the reason I went with the 5 day cruise was to have the day at sea, we left beautiful sunny skies into cloudy windy rougher seas so the day was lost, we were told by concierge that they needed new refrigerators for the food but that doesn't sound right??? We too on deck eight had plumbing problems no toilets and rented a cabana at castaway cay and the door of fridge was so rusted it fell off so there went our cold drinks!!!!! Ship is beautiful but there are tons of contractors all over, chemical smells in hallway for whatever they are doing...which is all understandable but for the money paid ?????a little disappointing nothing was said or no compensation was given! I love Disney and loved the cruise but to pay the same amount people two months from now will pay and there will be none of these problems, not very Disney like

so sorry for your troubles. which stateroom on the 8th floor, may i ask?
ranidayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 12:36 PM   #35
Gatrcruzer
Mouseketeer

We are still having potty problems in 2578. Have had to contact guest services 6 times, and our stateroom attendant called two more times on our behalf. They keep temporarily fixing, but we just got back to the room after being in Key West to find another flood. This is our third flood. We have also had multiple bouts of the toilet not flushing, including overnight. Please avoid this cabin for the near future.
Gatrcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #36
DumboLover70
Earning My Ears

That's terrible. I am so sorry you are going through that. Try to have fun anyway. And as far as asking for refunds or discounts, why not? The worst they can say is no and if they say yes it'll be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amscene View Post
Captain says we will be there in 2 hours for a maximum 1 hour and will still head on to key west on time. We are going for "critical supplies"

No trip report, but so far we have to call the guest services every time we want to flush our toilet. And have seen 3-4 leaks from pipes in the ceiling, 2 flooded staterooms. It's clear it's gonna take some time to work the bugs out. Still contractors onboard working.

Do you think it's possible to ask for some kind of discount or credit because our toilet has not worked at all?
DumboLover70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #37
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

Is it just me, or was the Magic in better condition before dry dock?

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincess4ever View Post
Is it just me, or was the Magic in better condition before dry dock?
I certainly never saw these problems reported to this degree before. Of course, most pre-dry dock posts were gushing about it and how it was the best and Dream-class not so much as well.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #39
ocspartan
Mouseketeer

It sounds like plumbing issues have been popping up on the magic for the last few years, also some similar reports of flooding or leaks on the wonder. U wonder how much of this is new vs trying to rush the shop back from dry dock. May be more publicity bc more disney regulars tried to be on the first sailings or maybe just increased expectations bc of all the hype on the dry dock. Either way looking forward to my next cruise on the fantasy!
ocspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #40
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka's Skipper View Post
I wonder if anyone saw what type of packages the supplies were in??? cartons?...cases??.......compressed gas tanks?....etc?....... AKK
l

I have pics of what was loaded. Pallets of orange tanks that said coolants.
Old 11-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #41
Keggy
So this is a first for us
Thank you everyone for the great welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoiseyMom View Post
Someone on FB (from the Aug cruise I was on) heard that they went back for items to fix the AC. She says the ship, at least forward where she is is very cold now.
They are lucky - we have been warm for the last 8 days. A couple places were cool and on the 11:1 cruise some people brought blankets into the show so they must have been cold, but we were not.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #42
disprincess4ever
DIS Veteran

The true test of Disney is if they take this experience to heart and actually spend more time fixing pluming, air conditioning, and removing rust and mold on the Wonder's dry dock next year. I really don't see the Wonder going to Cadiz for her dry dock after this experience. Most likely she'll end up in Norfolk, Va.

Disney Fantasy: 7 night Western Caribbean June 2012
Disney Magic: 12 night Mediterranean w/ Venice June 2013, 4 night Bahaman April 2014
disprincess4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #43
omalley1118
DIS Veteran

I'm so sorry for the problems you are having!!! We sail December 4th, and I am hoping for the best. That's really all you can do...
Old 11-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #44
WalterJR
Earning My Ears

We are in 8040 and with the exception of maybe 1-2 hours of cold water and a short bout with a toilet that was delayed in flushing, we have been quite happy with our cruise. Our Palo dinner on Wednesday night had no AC issues, but our brunch on Friday did. They gave us a discount on the meal, I suspect it was because of the temperature. It did get quite warm in There.

I would also say that our room is in really good shape. The new carpet looms fine and the bathrooms have been working well with the short exception today. The contractors are not uncommon to see, but has taken nothing away from our experience. All that said, it is a 15 year old ship and does show that age, but given the use that the ship gets, it is to be expected.
WalterJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #45
SuperDry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggy View Post
I have pics of what was loaded. Pallets of orange tanks that said coolants.
It must have been a fairly serious situation, considering that the ship was stopping in Key West the next day. Whatever it was that was loaded after going back to Miami could have easily been driven overnight to Key West and loaded there the next day. So whatever it was, the ship couldn't wait even a day for it.
SuperDry is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: