Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #2971
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
I just checked in yesterday to BWI CL & I still had to check in.
I hope you're having a good time.....can't wait to hear all about your stay .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 10-31-2013, 02:56 PM   #2972
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

We r at AKL starting Nov 18....to get to the lounge do we "wave" our magic band at the elevator or do we still need to swipe our gold KTTW card?
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #2973
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by penel3 View Post
We r at AKL starting Nov 18....to get to the lounge do we "wave" our magic band at the elevator or do we still need to swipe our gold KTTW card?
good question!! I will know the answer in the morning!!!
Old 10-31-2013, 04:15 PM   #2974
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
We've used our MB to get into the door to BWI CL.
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #2975
samnbilly
Loves the GF and the Castle.All nurses go to heaven. Has a shoe obsession

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I hope you're having a good time.....can't wait to hear all about your stay .
Having a great time! Put up an initial comment on BWI thread
Oct.04-GF-S.L./BC-concierge
Aug. 05-BC/ AKL
Oct. 06- off site
Oct. 08-BC
Oct. 13 BWI CL

Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #2976
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You wave your Magic Band at the elevator button. We were at AKL club level this past September, it was wonderful!
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 10-31-2013, 09:01 PM   #2977
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnbilly View Post
Having a great time! Put up an initial comment on BWI thread
Glad you're having a great time . Heading over to the BWI thread now .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 11-01-2013, 05:39 AM   #2978
smallsy
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to make sure I have this right as we'll be staying CL in January... Mousekeeping can take cash tips (but sometimes won't unless you make it obvious that it is for them). CMs cannot take cash tips, but can take gifts? I like the idea of making envelopes for Mousekeeping, but what sorts of things have you taken for CMs?
Old 11-01-2013, 05:48 AM   #2979
floridagirl61
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallsy View Post
Just wanted to make sure I have this right as we'll be staying CL in January... Mousekeeping can take cash tips (but sometimes won't unless you make it obvious that it is for them). CMs cannot take cash tips, but can take gifts? I like the idea of making envelopes for Mousekeeping, but what sorts of things have you taken for CMs?
You've got it.

I made gift baskets, we are from a wine area, so I put in little bottles of wine, some local chocolates, coasters, wine stoppers, all wine related stuff. I have also made up baskets with coffee items. I have also done ghiradelli chocolates and gift cards. I know people who have done taffy and candy. There are lots of possibilities. Have fun choosing.

TO MANY DAY TRIPS TO COUNT, SENIOR NIGHT '79, WL '96, CS '00, ASMU '07, ASMU '08, POP '09, POP '10, BW CL '10, ASMU '11, BC VILLAS '13, BC CL '13, AOA '13, BC CL '14 (Magical upgrade to the Presidential Suite)
Presidential Suite https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKhh5Z6bjjg

Our Best Disney Vacation Yethttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3178111

Fifield Family Food Reviews and Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3175535
Old 11-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #2980
penel3
Disney World Addict since 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post

You wave your Magic Band at the elevator button. We were at AKL club level this past September, it was wonderful!
Thanks!

too many WDW trips to mention, 2007 Wonder Concierge, January 2013 Wonder Concierge, WDW AKL Concierge Nov 2013, March 2014 Walter E. Disney Suite (finally!!!!)
1994 1st time (DH has created a monster)1995 FWL1996 1996 1997 1998 All Star Sports 2001 CBR 2002 OKW 2003 OKW 2003 FWL 2004 Disney Cruise 2004 OKW 2004 OKW 2005 AKL Concierge/Boardwalk Villa (bit by the Concierge bug) 2005 Ft. Wilderness Concierge 2006 OKW 2007 Disney Cruise/AKL Concierge, Feb 09 B-day surprise POP & BWI CL, Sept 2010 Portofino Bay Concierge, Dec 2011 Beach Club Concierge, January 2013 The Disney Wonder, March 2014 The Walter E. Disney Suite on the Disney Wonder
Old 11-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #2981
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

I am here!!! WL CL is amazing!! not many people up here but probably they are in the park... We are getting ready to head to the Grand for tea and then MK for the MNSSHP
Old 11-01-2013, 01:26 PM   #2982
Judyfun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Disney View Post
Hi Everyone! I haven't been on this thread for a long while, but I am back with a new ticker! We will be trying a Deluxe room at the BWI next August. If anyone has stayed in one of these rooms, I'd love to hear your feedback!

And, so I'm not just "taking" from this thread....I do have a review of Poly CL for you all! We stayed in a CL TPV room in August (pre-construction). I already posted this review on the Poly thread, but thought I'd put it here as well! I've copied the first post below:

Hi All! Well, I finally got the photos off my camera so I thought I'd do a mini trip review. I'm gonna break this up into a few posts. This one will be some pics of our room.

As you may recall, we were booked CL TPV and were initially put into a 2nd floor (no balcony) room. I have to say that I really disliked the no balcony. Now, I know I've read some reviews from people who didn't mind this set up at all. So, take this for what it's worth...just my opinion. Here are a few pics to give you an idea of what the no-balcony set up is like. This picture was taken with the drapes pulled back all the way:

For reference, the only part of the door that slides open is the far right third panel. I took a picture of my daughter standing in the open doorway to give you some perspective:

As you can see, only 1 or maybe 2 people can stand in front of the open door part at any one time. There is no way that our family of 4 could have stood at the open door and comfortably watched Wishes. The next day we were moved to a 3rd floor room and I have to say it was SO MUCH BETTER! What a difference having the full balcony made for us. We could all stand out there (or sit for that matter) and watch the fireworks. Not only that, the full balcony gives you the ability to take in the entire view, left to right. In the 2nd floor room our view was really restricted from a left-to-right perspective.

After experiencing both types of room, it really is hard for me to believe that both of these TPV rooms come at the same rate. And, honestly, my one and only hesitation in booking CL TPV again is the fear that I might be put into a 2nd floor room. The experience between the two types of rooms was like night and day in terms of our enjoyment of the outdoors. I guess we are just balcony people. We used the balcony multiple times per day during our trip and I would be really bummed to not be able to sit outside with a TPV room.

OK...enough on that subject...On the 2nd day of our stay we were moved to the beautiful and stunning room 3506 on the 3rd floor. Here is the same pic as last time, except now you can see we have a full balcony:

Standing on the balcony, here is the view looking left:

The view looking straight ahead:

And the view looking right:

As you can see, with the full balcony we were able to see the whole outdoor scene from left to right. Awesome!!!

Here are some pics of the EWP and the fireworks from our balcony. And, yes, I was kicking myself for not having brought my tripod. Boy those firework pics are tough to get without one! Here you go:

So, overall we loved the room and the Poly!! Only a few negatives: we really missed having a full length mirror and a clothesline in the shower area. We had both of those things at YC in April so we noticed their absence this trip.

Now for the positives: We loved the bathroom area overall. It was nice and big with plenty of room for storage. As far as the towel rack not being near the shower, we just put the towels on the counter before we showered. Not a big deal. We did use the towel bars in front of the sinks for drying wet bathing suits.

The room overall also had plenty of storage.

My DS10 slept on the daybed and was super comfortable! My DD13 loved having her own bed!

Mousekeeping was great! We got lots of towel animals! And, they always managed to sneak into the room and clean when we were out. Never had a problem with them showing up when we were in the room or resting. Awesome job by the housekeeping CMs!!

We also loved the large size of the Poly rooms. This was our first stay at the Poly and it is now our favorite resort! Wishes from the lounge, beach and our room was spectacular!

Any questions about the room just ask away! I have some lounge / food pics that I will post in a bit!
Just got back from our stay at BWI in the Deluxe Club and we loved it!. We hung out on the deck (which was over the 'Seashore' sign). There were 4 of us: myself both my DD's and my GDD, so we were able to take full advantage of all the space.

Judy
Next Week AKL CL!!!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #2983
MrsK41
Earning My Ears

We are staying ALK club level in February for the first time and I am curious about the amount of food that's offered. If they run out, do they put more out or is it that when it's gone, it's gone? I'd like to count on having breakfast there but if we don't get there right away in the morning are we risking them being out of food?

January 29 - February 6, 2014 - AKL CL!
March 2009 Port Orleans - French Quarter
February 2011 Port Orleans - French Quarter
Old 11-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #2984
pArKsFaN
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsK41 View Post
We are staying ALK club level in February for the first time and I am curious about the amount of food that's offered. If they run out, do they put more out or is it that when it's gone, it's gone? I'd like to count on having breakfast there but if we don't get there right away in the morning are we risking them being out of food?
I noticed they put things away immediately when breakfast is over (10:30 I think). But if anything runs out or gets low during that time they are quick to replenish. So basically, as long as you get up there during the published times you will have no problem with breakfast, but I wouldn't be a minute late.
Old 11-02-2013, 02:06 PM   #2985
GSLand
Mouseketeer

We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge Club level soon. Our previous club stays were at the Poly and AKL.

I just heard someone talking about WL club lounge on a podcast ... And horrors ... he said food was not always out at the WL lounge. We had always found snacks and drinks available at the other lounges.

So will we find afternoon and late night snacks and drinks at the WL lounge?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: