Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #61
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

The PIs that still show as "In Progress" for me are probably the most nerve wracking. I feel like they shouldn't be stuck in that status at this point if I still haven't gotten an interview.
waltfreakingdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #62
cindy17
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltfreakingdisney View Post
The PIs that still show as "In Progress" for me are probably the most nerve wracking. I feel like they shouldn't be stuck in that status at this point if I still haven't gotten an interview.
Frustrating I know! Last year this time my son was "in progress" almost from the time he applied until about December 5th, when he went NLIC - never had an interview . Then he applied again for Fall 2013, and same thing. Went "in progress" until July (he applied in February), when he went NLIC, then about a week later, got a phone call for an interview and asked if he was still interested. They gave him 3 days to think it over, he then turned it down because he was already financially locked into finishing his senior year and an off campus apt. They told him that his resume "was making the rounds" and even though he went NLIC, someone pulled him back. Probably someone else turned it down. He doesn't regret his decision - he'll apply again this February for Fall 2014 and if it's meant to be, he will hopefully get another opportunity. THe HR person made it sound like he would not be penalized for turning them down. Hope she's right! Good luck - but hang in there - until you're NLIC (and even after possibly!) you're still in the running!
June 2001: Disneyland
August 2002: CSR
August 2004: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
November 2004: CSR - SSW!
August 2005: offsite/ASMo
November 2007: CBR - SSW!
August 2009: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
August 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
October 2012: Ft. Wilderness Cabins
June/July 2014: Disneyland
cindy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #63
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

Applied to Disney Youth Events on August 26
"In Progress" on August 27
Never had an interview
"NLIC" October 29
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:33 PM   #64
duckman17
Earning My Ears

ESPN Stats and Info Internship Bristol, CT

Applied 9/20/2013
Still in progress after two interviews! I know it's not Disney Parks but I'd still appreciate the pixie dust!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #65
AliSW
\

AHHH youth events is the one I'm IP for but with no interview. I have every single basic and preferred qualification so I hope I have a chance because I only have a chance at maybe one alumni only one now haha.
AliSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #66
obrien629
Earning My Ears

getting nervous

I applied the Shanghai Engineering Professional Internship(since I'm from China) and I was interviewed on Sep 5th, now it's almost 2 months, my status is still 'in progress'. And I heard that someone has received the offer, I'm really getting nervous now, I really want this intern. Anybody knows what does my status indicate?
obrien629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #67
Veggie Lover
Earning My Ears

Is there a next step?

I had the first phone interview almost a month ago, then I was emailed an online application form a few weeks later but nothing since. I had hoped this was a positive step. Now November is here and still nothing. I am IP on all the internships I applied to. Is there still hope or not?
Veggie Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #68
chubbinator2552
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone

I'm interested in applying to some of the summer PIs at Disneyland and had a question for you guys:

I am about to upload my resume and cover letter for one of the positions but since I'm a college student, my grades, and thus my resume, will constantly be changing over the course of the year. Will I be able to re-submit the resume every time or is this the only chance I get?

Thanks and good luck to all of you.
chubbinator2552 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 PM   #69
sfgadv02
Earning My Ears

Dashboard isn't exactly perfect.

I received a call on Monday to schedule a second interview and was told by the manager that I would also receive an email, but I never did. So on Wednesday, I asked him if the email was something important, and he said it was just an email to verify the time (which I did via the phone anyway)... after the interview, I'm still in progress, which if I had received the email, it should've been in interview stage or post-interview.

Most alumni's supposedly have one interview, but I guess depending on the size of the department (smaller department for example), they might have a second interview.

There's still 3 weeks, so anything can happen!
sfgadv02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 12:38 PM   #70
Tiko
Earning My Ears

I got a second phone interview for marketing in CA like 1-2 weeks ago.
Dashboard still says "Interview Stage", which is super nerve wrecking. Its like been waiting for a long time. Does anyone know usually how long it takes to get the results after 2nd interview?

Honestly, the phone interview took only like 10-15 mins. The lady who interviewed me seemed impatient and not interested...If its bad news, I would not be surprised.
Tiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #71
rockets281
Earning My Ears

Same here, I applied for the Marketing Internship but at DisneyWorld and interview went by really quick like she was rushed.....but then three days later I get an email to do a background check, but that was on Oct 14th and so far no movement in dashboard or calls (i recently got a part time job so i know nothing is wrong with my background check), but still crossing my fingers and checking my dashboard every day lol
rockets281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #72
Joeywarhorse
Mouseketeer

I got the background check on Oct. 14 too and my PI has stayed IP with no movement as well.
Joeywarhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #73
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

I moved into "Post-Interview" stage tonight for one of the PIs I applied for. I've already done the background check form before the actual interview, so I'm hoping this is a positive sign.

(Accidentally posted this in the old 2013 thread. Oops and sorry!)
Old 11-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #74
rockets281
Earning My Ears

oh, so you get background check and then the second interview, now I'm getting worried cause its been a while since background check application form, i thought background check was for when they were about to offer it to you, thanks for the info tho still crossing my fingers
rockets281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #75
waltfreakingdisney
Earning My Ears

Went NLIC sometime last night for one of my PIs but still "Post-Interview" stage for the other. The waiting game is definitely the worst part. Even worse than hearing a "no" back.

Tags
pi spring 2014, professional internship

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: