Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #31
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Didn't realize I already posted
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
nurse.darcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #32
nowater
Earning My Ears

I'm actually speechless., I love all the responses
nowater is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #33
RnbwSktles
DIS Veteran

Not sure if this really counts, but my BFF met her DH in Disneyland. Her dad was DH's boss (talk about awkward) and they were on a business trip in DL. Since BFF is an only child, she and her mom often accompanied dad on these trips.

Her parents thought this guy would be perfect for her, so they were sort've forced together a lot in the beginning of the trip. Despite some bad first impressions, they really hit it off! They always say now that their first date was in DL. They had a Disney themed wedding and honeymooned in WDW.

They just had their first child (my goddaugher : ) a week ago today!

2014 Coast to Coast Goal: Full marathon Jan 2014 & Dumbo Double Dare Aug 2014!
RnbwSktles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:34 AM   #34
gingerbcop
Earning My Ears

My wife and I are going to DW for our 25th Anniversary in May and one of the activities we have talked about is to pretend to meet for the first time at Epcot. We are leaving the Boardwalk Resort at separate times and hopefully will have a chance encounter with each other that will turn into a first date thingy at DW. It might sound kind of corny, but DW is our favorite place to visit and finding love there for the first or (25th year later) second time will be an interesting experience for us

July 2006 Full Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS3, DS4, DS5, DSisinlaw, & I) @ Coronado Springs Resort for D.A.R.E. Conference.
March 2010 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for 23rd Anniversary.
March 2011 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Port Orleans Resort - Riverside for 24th Anniversary.
October 2011 Ginger Partial Family (DW, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Caribbean Beach Resort for a Birthdayx2/Halloween Celebration.
August 2012 Ginger Family (DW, DS1, DS2, DS2GF, DS3, DS3GF, DGS1, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village for a Birthdayx3/Family Celebration.
May 2013 Ginger Parents (DW & I) @ Boardwalk Villas for Silver Anniversary.
July 2014 Ginger Family (DW, DS4, DS5, & I) @ Coronado Springs for Independence Day Celebration

gingerbcop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #35
Kristibo42
DIS Veteran

No first date but had my first kiss on Tom Sawyer Island!!!!

Next trip July 2016 POP and AOA about 70 people
Dec. 2013 Pop Century to celebrate 25 anniversary Adults only
All Star Sports family trip 25 people Feb 2011
Pop Century September. 2009
Pop Century Adults only 20 year anniversary Dec 2008
Pop Century Big family trip 42 people July 2007
Contemporary and All Star Music Dec. 2006
All Star Music June 2005
Port Orleans- Riverside and Disney Wonder Nov. 2002
6th grade trip To Magic Kingdom had my first kiss on Tom Sawyers Island June 1977
Kristibo42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:50 PM   #36
DisneyElite4
Mouseketeer

I met my DH at WDW (we were both working there at the time). We had our first date at Disney, he proposed at Disney, we got married at Disney (then moved away) and now we are taking our DS there for his first trip this December! First dates at Disney are magical! I have the best memories of some of our early dates - going to MNSSHP, eating at one of the resorts, hanging around DTD for a movie/dinner, taking a free fireworks cruise on Bay Lake.

August 2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ October 2006: Beach Club ~ November 2006: Walt Disney World Swan Hotel ~ February 2007: Boardwalk Resort ~ March 2007: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ August 2007: Old Key West Resort ~ September 2007: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ February 2008: All Star Movies ~ March 2008: Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ April 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ July 2008: Saratoga Springs Resort ~ November 2008: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ April 2009: Port Orleans French Quarter ~ June 2009: Disney Wedding/Grand Floridian Resort ~ March 2010: Pop Century Resort ~ August 2010: Royal Pacific Resort ~ October 2010: Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village ~ June 2011: Grand Californian Resort ~ October 2011: Old Key West Resort ~ December 2013: Wilderness Lodge Villas
DisneyElite4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #37
TMSDisneyfreak
Earning My Ears

Might have first date at Disney World this summer

Some time ago I met a guy on a message board. We talk almost every night. He lives in southern Florida, I live in NY.
He has never been to a Disney Park. I practically grew up at Disney Land, being from San Diego County originally. I have also been to the Florida park a few times. He knows I love Disney. I know he loves Star Wars... just so happens that Disney has an awesome Star Wars ride!
At one point, I thought it'd be awesome for us to meet at Star Tours, it's Disney meets Star Wars (Me & David ). I didn't say anything though, 'cause I didn't want him to feel pressured and he has a lot going on. Anyway, a few days ago he brought it up that maybe we should meet at Disney World. !!!
So maybe we will meet at the Star Wars ride. - I have to pray that my back can handle it. I was there before they changed the ride and my back was okay with that ride...
There are other rides that I'm sure he'll like too, mostly in Epcot.
I'll try to remember to post here once we have plans (a date) to meet up and again on how things went.
The great thing here is that it is public and the fun is built-in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowater View Post
Like the title, Has anyone ever met someone for the first time & had their first date at DisneyWorld? I am talking to someone, and I told her my dream is to have my first date (as in first with that person) at DisneyWorld. We both are just friends right now, but we both think it's a magical idea, So it brought me to be curious if anyone has ever had a first date at Disney? If so story time.

What did you plan? or do? Where did you stay that night? Tell me your stories or if you haven't tell me your ideas, what would make your Date magical ladies? I just think it'd be magical to find someone you like online to have that first date at the world. Who knows we can all dream right?
TMSDisneyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #38
pookie10
Looking for my Prince....again :(

Nice stories!!!

Last edited by pookie10; 06-17-2013 at 10:09 PM.
pookie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #39
Anri
Mouseketeer

I love all the magical stories! A first date at Disney would be both magical and a great way to get to know someone's personality. My mom kept hoping I would meet someone when we were there in May. My fiancé and I parted ways last year and she is chomping at the bit for grand kids. Yikes. Lol.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 PM   #40
key2ursoul
Running at Disney

This is such a fantastic thread! The stories are beautiful. Planning two solo running trips in Jan at Disneyland, and Feb at Disneyworld, and it's really nice to dream of at least making some new friends while at the parks, if not the all out dreamy prospect of having a first date there
Old 10-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #41
aimeekdg
Earning My Ears

So romantic!

I can only imagine the magic and romance going into a Disney first date!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #42
BrianL
Doom Buggy Driver

It'd be memorable for sure. I'm solo on Halloween (mnsshp) if anyone is interested!

Lifetime WDW Visits: 6 (Plus 1 DL)
When leaving Disney, heed the advice of the Ghost Hostess and...
"Hurry Baaaack! Hurry Baaaack!"
BrianL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #43
rhpaw
Earning My Ears

I think a first date at Disney would be awesome.
..Any date at Disney work work though, really...

Being out of state kinda kills that for me.
Old 10-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #44
kittengal13
kittengal13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSDisneyfreak View Post
Some time ago I met a guy on a message board. We talk almost every night. He lives in southern Florida, I live in NY.
He has never been to a Disney Park. I practically grew up at Disney Land, being from San Diego County originally. I have also been to the Florida park a few times. He knows I love Disney. I know he loves Star Wars... just so happens that Disney has an awesome Star Wars ride!
At one point, I thought it'd be awesome for us to meet at Star Tours, it's Disney meets Star Wars (Me & David ). I didn't say anything though, 'cause I didn't want him to feel pressured and he has a lot going on. Anyway, a few days ago he brought it up that maybe we should meet at Disney World. !!!
So maybe we will meet at the Star Wars ride. - I have to pray that my back can handle it. I was there before they changed the ride and my back was okay with that ride...
There are other rides that I'm sure he'll like too, mostly in Epcot.
I'll try to remember to post here once we have plans (a date) to meet up and again on how things went.
The great thing here is that it is public and the fun is built-in!

Well, did you ever meet up??
Old 10-31-2013, 02:33 PM   #45
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbcop View Post
My wife and I are going to DW for our 25th Anniversary in May and one of the activities we have talked about is to pretend to meet for the first time at Epcot. We are leaving the Boardwalk Resort at separate times and hopefully will have a chance encounter with each other that will turn into a first date thingy at DW. It might sound kind of corny, but DW is our favorite place to visit and finding love there for the first or (25th year later) second time will be an interesting experience for us
Not corny. It made me smile and laugh.

Have fun!

No, to the question. But it would be nice to have my last one there.

Whoops, that sounds pretty off since it's Halloween.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: