Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #1336
natebenma
DIS Veteran

As one of your readers pointed out, things in "Real-Life-Land" have been keeping me away from spending the time I would like to here!

All caught up now!

Sending you for your application for the Mom's Panel. Just being you is the best you could do! I'm really pulling for you!

to hear about the cancellation of Hunter's trip!

but for Lacey's pin and being able to join you for a little bit on your trip!

And now, back to Disney:

What pretty bonus pictures from F&G.

Figment is definitely not a must-do every year sort of attraction. I can't remember when they "refurbed" this ride, but did you ever get a chance to see the version with the Dream Finder? That version was really better IMHO.

We have never eaten at the Electric Umbrella. We just love Sunshine Seasons and the food in the World Showcase, so I don't think we will ever get there.

Your M:S update was HILARIOUS!!!

Great, and very authentic looking barf pictures!

Love Mama's reasons for not riding- she is a wise woman!!! As you may recall, on Ben and Mark's only ride on the orange side, Ben puked! 3 times! And like a 9 year old boy, he couldn't be prouder!

natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #1337
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Thanks for giving me your take on Mission Space my friend. People have asked me if we confused the sides...NOPE, rode it twice two different trips, had the same experience. Got the warning cards, had me worried to pieces then...snooze....oh well, that is why I love Disney, so many options!!

blessedmom4 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-31-2013, 10:54 AM   #1338
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

EWWW... Mission Space.. Cannot handle that!!

Have you made plans to return this summer?

We are thinking of maybe next December or February- Not soon enough.

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
June 2014 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3293489
Marsheliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 01:57 PM   #1339
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsheliz View Post
EWWW... Mission Space.. Cannot handle that!!

Have you made plans to return this summer?

We are thinking of maybe next December or February- Not soon enough.
Heck yeah, plans were made as soon as the 2014 rates came out. Two lovely weeks in Disney! May 24th through June 7th! Like you, I'm counting down the days until we are back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Thanks for giving me your take on Mission Space my friend. People have asked me if we confused the sides...NOPE, rode it twice two different trips, had the same experience. Got the warning cards, had me worried to pieces then...snooze....oh well, that is why I love Disney, so many options!!

Happy Halloween to you my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
As one of your readers pointed out, things in "Real-Life-Land" have been keeping me away from spending the time I would like to here!

All caught up now!

I know how real life can creep up on our Dis time.

Sending you for your application for the Mom's Panel. Just being you is the best you could do! I'm really pulling for you!

Thank you! I'd love to make it onto the Panel.

to hear about the cancellation of Hunter's trip!

He was sooooo bummed!

but for Lacey's pin and being able to join you for a little bit on your trip!
They had initially planned on coming during the last part of our trip but with the pin, they'd save about $400. That's a lot for a young couple. Heck, that's a lot for anybody!

And now, back to Disney:

What pretty bonus pictures from F&G.

Figment is definitely not a must-do every year sort of attraction. I can't remember when they "refurbed" this ride, but did you ever get a chance to see the version with the Dream Finder? That version was really better IMHO.

I can't even remember the older version.

We have never eaten at the Electric Umbrella. We just love Sunshine Seasons and the food in the World Showcase, so I don't think we will ever get there.

Thank goodness, Disney has something for everybody 'cause we didn't care for Sunshine Seasons. I think it was because it was super busy and we felt rushed to order and couldn't find a seat.

Your M:S update was HILARIOUS!!!

Great, and very authentic looking barf pictures!

I had a couple more barfing pictures but decided that two were enough.

Love Mama's reasons for not riding- she is a wise woman!!! As you may recall, on Ben and Mark's only ride on the orange side, Ben puked! 3 times! And like a 9 year old boy, he couldn't be prouder!

I DO remember Ben puking and being proud of it too.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:21 PM   #1340
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm getting nauesous just looking at your pictures and remembering the one and only time I did that ride.

Glad you all arrived back safe and sound without barfing.
Oops, sorry! Didn't mean to make you feel all barfy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewmess View Post
See, for someone who has inner ear problems (and has all her life) amazingly I don't get sick on the orange side. I have to remember to go with the flow and not fight the Gforces, but when I remember, I'm as right as rain. Well, like you Lisa, as right as I ever am.

Us semi-normal folks gotta stick together.

It's been a while since I rode Mission Space. DH doesn't like doing it with strangers and it's usually just us. Maybe next year, if his plans and dreams work and all his buddies (and associated families) can come down and help us celebrate our 10th anniversary (and the 20th anniversary of the first 'bachelor herd' trip he and his buddies went on.)
Yeah, we have had to share our cabin/rocketship with others before and it seems like you can't let loose and act all crazy and stuff.

Woo hoo! Anniversary trips are the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodyzblu View Post
I'm here !! I try to read when I can . but life has been B U S Y .. especially with my trip coming up in 10 days !!

Anyway .. I don't "do" Mission Space .. ever .. at all .. nope. Did it once and thought I was gonna die .. now it makes me dizzy just thinking about it !
Yay for still being here! I've been busy too! Holy moley! It's almost time for you to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpa View Post
Always here..just a lurker!! Really enjoy your reports..please keep them coming!
Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! I hope that you'll do it more often!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #1341
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolacindy View Post
I'm still here! We were on a cruise last week so I'm getting caught up.
No Mission Space for me, anxiety and claustrophobia kick in big time. Best to sit out on the bench and be the official bag holder! Glad you didnt need the barf bag, but its always fun to watch peoples reactions around when you act like you may need it.
Glad to hear that you're still around. I was beginning to worry that I had offended someone with some of my silliness! Yay for a cruise! Where'd you go? What'd you do? What'd you eat? I wanna know!

There's no way that my Mama could get on Mission Space. She has a hard time with dressing rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmaee View Post
I refuse to do the orange side. So kudos to you for surviving....especially so soon after lunch.
Up until this trip, I had only done the orange side. Lacey has a weird ticker (heart) and she's afraid to do the orange side anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1972 View Post
I'm always here reading and doing the lurkyloo thing. I just don't comment much cause I feel like everyone has already said what I was going to say and it gets redundant. You know what I mean. We did Mission Space Green and I didn't feel anything at all.... You sat there. Pushed a button.... and it was over. So, I want to do orange on the next trip but don't know if my kiddos will be up for it.
I don't care if you post something that's redundant so feel free to post any time that you'd like. I didn't feel much on the green side either (we did it later in the trip). The orange side is much better! Hopefully, you can try it out sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Loved your photos outside of MS. They really turned out lovely. Amazed that you were able to take photos while spinning right round! Glad you all felt OK after riding, but I'm with your Mama. I would just be hanging around sitting on a bench and people watching! It would all be good. I wouldn't feel as if I'd missed a thing.
I have at least a half dozen more pictures that are just of my legs or of just the word "NAVIGATOR" so I didn't do too terribly well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarf View Post
Mission Space is another one I have yet to try. Can you tell we didn't spend too much time at Epcot? I'm afraid to try it though. The older I get, the more nauseous I feel on spinning rides. Maybe I'll try the green side next time. We'll see.

I love your barfing pictures. They made me smile.
The first year that we went to Epcot, I felt like we had wasted our money. Of course, that was back in the day when I didn't know about the Disboards or guide books, etc.

If I were you, I'd do the green side and see how you feel. I'm betting that you'd be fine.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #1342
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa! Loved the updates!!! I will honestly say I'm not the biggest fan of Mission Space! I have been on it several times but I always come off feeling very dizzy & with a headache! So I usually skip it!

Also, I am always here following along!! I just don't get to respond too often because I'm usually reading from my phone and it's annoying when I have to type a lot on there. So I usually only respond when I'm on the actual computer, like now!!
I can certainly see why some wouldn't like Mission Space. It can give you a really dizzy feeling.

Thanks for letting me know that you're still here and reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
I was always too worried to do the orange side as I'd heard so many stories about people feeling ill after riding. But I eventually did it and couldn't feel enough difference to warrant doing it so still continue on the green side
Back when the attraction first opened, there wasn't the green side option so all that we ever knew was the orange side. I guess once we realized that it didn't bother us, we never thought to try the green side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 407-W-DISNEY View Post
Hi Lisa
I am still here..lurking more than commenting!
Too bad Hunter and hia clasa won't be going that is disappointing. .
We we will be at WDW next Thursday for our 15th anniversary! !! Sooooo can't wait!
Hey! Good to see ya!

Poor Hunter Man was disappointed that they aren't going to Disney.

Yay! Yay! Yay! You're going to Disney soooon! Happy early anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2m&k View Post
Well now you have us all out of hiding! I too am too chicken to do this ride. Not going to lie I have been trying to talk my hubby and kids out of it because if one of them gets sick I'm the one who is going to have to deal with it! Blech..and I'm a joiner! Looks like you will be going right after me this spring!
Seeeeeee.....the outside posting world ain't so bad is it?

Yeah, I can see how the mom in the family would be left tending to the barfer. Just like a Mama is supposed to do.

I forgot to look at your ticker.....we're going to narrowly miss each other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I'm still here!! Things have been so crazy around here that I haven't read any tr's since the beginning of Oct. It took me 2 days but I'm caught up on yours.

Good to see you again! Ya'll been doing okay?

There are to many things to comment on so I'll just say.....

I'm so sorry to hear about Hunter's school trip. I know that must have been hard to get all excited about it and then find out its off. At least he still get to go this year.

He was both angry and disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing Disney with his friends.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you to get on the Mom's Panel!

Thank you!

I've never done the orange side of MS because I know I would get sick. I have a very weak stomach. We did Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, and Everest in a row and I didn't think I was gonna make it out of the park I think River would probably like it.

Oooh, I think you need to stick to the green side. Don't want to have to make use of the barf bags.

I'm going to try really hard to stay caught up now
I know that it's tough. I fall behind a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
You're a braver woman than I, and with a stronger stomach too! I am also 1) Claustrophobic, I am not B) a heart patient, I also do not consider myself iii) stupid. (I knew I recognized that but couldn't think from where! )
I've done green team but the claustrophobia makes it hard! I've certainly never gotten photos on the ride, too busy reminding myself to breath.
You're the first person who caught the 1) B) iii). I can see why you'd forget to breath on Mission Space if you are claustrophobic. It's a tight place you're squeezed into.

Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #1343
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Thank ya'll for letting me know that you're still around and reading. I worry sometimes that people thinking that my joking/kidding/picking around is too much. In this day and time, there's so much that we can get down in the dumps about and if I can put a smile on somebody's face, then by golly gosh darn it....I'm gonna try and do it!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 10-31-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:09 PM   #1344
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Old 10-31-2013, 07:13 PM   #1345
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Are ya'll ready for this? I have another installment written and will be posting it in just a few minutes. I just wanted to comment though....where is everybody? There's hardly anyone who posts any more? Did I do something wrong? What's up buttercups?
Just want to let you know I'm still here.

How's the Mom's Panel video coming along? Have you sent it in yet?

Last edited by pwdebbie; 11-02-2013 at 08:55 PM.
pwdebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:45 PM   #1346
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Hi! I am still here. I am going crazy here getting everything going with our house. We are in the countdown zone.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 PM   #1347
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!! I hope you all had a good one. We had a busy night trick or treating here.

Yes we are doing OK. Thank you for asking
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #1348
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

I'm still here! Just caught up on the last couple updates.

I went on Mission space for the first time in our last trip in 2011. I really wanted to go the previous trip but DH wouldn't go. I went with my dad, my (now ex-) BIL and his dad. My dad and his dad and I went green. I kind of wanted to try orange but I was nervous, now that I did green I think I can handle Orange. I actually used to really like those carnival rides where you stick to the wall and I have heard that is what it is like.

In 2004, I was there with my DH and our friend, it hadn't been open that long (this is before they separated orange/green) and we chickened out because we couldn't get anyone to tell us what it did. This is before I knew about the DIS and Youtube.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
rndmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #1349
nolacindy
Dead men tell no tales

[QUOTE=mickeystoontown;49970552]Glad to hear that you're still around. I was beginning to worry that I had offended someone with some of my silliness! Yay for a cruise! Where'd you go? What'd you do? What'd you eat? I wanna know!

There's no way that my Mama could get on Mission Space. She has a hard time with dressing rooms.

The cruise! Well we were supposed to be on the Magic going out on 10/20/13 but Disney called us on 10/17/13 and canceled because they didnt finish all of the dry dock rehab!!! <---- This is what I did at work.
Well because the friends that we were traveling with are more awesome than awesome (would that be awesomer or the awesomest?) found another cruise for all of us to catch 10/21. We went on the Norwegian Sky out of Miami to Grand Bahama, Nassau and Great Stirrup Cay. We had a great time, the crew was fantastic, the boat was small and not all blinged out but it was really nice!. The food, OMG!!, lobster, lamb, lobster, sea bass, those creamy powdered eggs on the buffet (yes I'm weird and love these), smoked salmon every morning with breakfast. They did poolside food everyday, Paella, grilled meat, tacos, nachos. There was food everywhere and it was all fantastic. We did the Ultimate Beverage Package which included alcohol and soda, it worked out well for us. Ahh poolside mojitos at 10 am, hey its vacation am allowed to do that right?! I'm not a huge fan of Nassau so I got off for a few minutes then went back to the empty pools. We were looking forward to going to Great Stirrup Cay but because the water was too rough we didnt get to go. They have to tender everyone in and it just wasnt safe so we had an at sea day. It was a great cruise we had a ball and would definately go again.

The best thing about it though is because Disney canceled the original cruise and in true Disney fashion they refunded all the money back AND gave us another 5 night Disney cruise free, yes thats right free!! So we rebooked back on the Magic with our awesomest friends for 12/4/13 which works out great because we get off the boat on her birthday!
Old 11-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #1350
Pluto0809
DIS Veteran

I'm here too and loving every minute of your reports. I just tend towards lurking more than posting. I should post more since I'm writing a TR and love it when people comment on mine. I wouldn't worry though, I think you probably have a ton of lurkers like me. I just checked and your thread has had over 147,000 views!!
Pluto0809 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caribbean beach resort, french quarter, sea world

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: