Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-29-2013, 01:03 AM   #16
DisneyDaddy-O
Dis Dads Club Member #286
I'm sure those driving beside me thought I was nuts
 
DisneyDaddy-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: North of Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob

We're headed down from Ottawa in 2 weeks. Thanks for the live updates!

We've been reading various forums on DISboards and, from what we see, the last couple of weeks appear to have have seen fewer paper FPs issued, as capacity has been shifted over to FP+. So paper FP are running out as early as 9:30.

At the same time, we've hear that guests with KTTW cards have been able to use both paper FP and FP+ -- good news for those who are savvy and arrive at parks early, not so good for others.

We've also heard that Disney is in the process of shutting down the paper FP system as we speak. (The date I'd seen in some other threads was October 27.)

All of this is based on second-hand info. What are you seeing down there?

Thanks!
We got to Epcot at around 10 this morning and the wait time board said that Soarin was a 90 min wait and FP return was 7:30-8:30.
Paper FP's are still alive and well as of today! I did not see any indication that they were going away.
We had EMH until 1:00am tonight at MK and everything was a walk on after 11:30 or so, now that is the way tour a park!!
__________________
Me DW DS14 DS12

Oct 97 CBR Disney Honeymoon, Jan 06 AS Sports First Family Vacation, Jan 07 POR Jan 08 POP, Jan 09 POR, Jan 10 POR, AUG 10 POP, JAN 11 POR, AUG 11 POP,
AUG 12 ASM,CSR,SSR,POR(yep all 4),OCT 13 POR First Halloween Party and Food & Wine
DisneyDaddy-O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #17
sasamong
Earning My Ears
 
sasamong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
We're headed down from Ottawa in 2 weeks. Thanks for the live updates! We've been reading various forums on DISboards and, from what we see, the last couple of weeks appear to have have seen fewer paper FPs issued, as capacity has been shifted over to FP+. So paper FP are running out as early as 9:30. At the same time, we've hear that guests with KTTW cards have been able to use both paper FP and FP+ -- good news for those who are savvy and arrive at parks early, not so good for others. We've also heard that Disney is in the process of shutting down the paper FP system as we speak. (The date I'd seen in some other threads was October 27.) All of this is based on second-hand info. What are you seeing down there? Thanks!
Regular paper fastpass for popular rides can be out as quickly as 9:30.

You can double up on regular paper fastpass every hour and have your fastpass+ selections as well.

No sign of paper fastpass gone yet
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-29-2013, 08:46 AM   #18
disneyfreak89
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfreak89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 673

Question

Sorry if this has already been mentioned or in another thread, I haven't seen it anywhere but,
are Canadians getting their customized Magic Bands delivered to their homes or are they waiting for you at the resort,
and if so, did you have to put in the resort address at some point?
__________________


Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - DixL; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - DixL; 2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - PC;
2007 - PC/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - PC/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/PC; 2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #19
ottawarob
WDW '76, Disneyland '81, Tokyo '92, WDW '06, Paris '06, Disneyland '08, WDW '13
 
ottawarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 21

Magic Bands - Delivery for Canadians

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak89 View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned or in another thread, I haven't seen it anywhere but,
are Canadians getting their customized Magic Bands delivered to their homes or are they waiting for you at the resort,
and if so, did you have to put in the resort address at some point?
We are in Ottawa, arriving in WDW on 11/11. We customized our Magic Bands on the My Disney Experience website. The name of our resort is clearly indicated on the MB customization confirmation page, along with the message: "Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel."

The MDE website states that MBs will be sent to the resort for non-U.S. guests -- since the system seems to have a good handle on which resort that is, we're hoping that that's exactly what will happen.

If your MB customization confirmation page does not clearly indicate the resort, I'd give Disney a call. If it does, I think you're good.
__________________
ottawarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #20
ottawarob
WDW '76, Disneyland '81, Tokyo '92, WDW '06, Paris '06, Disneyland '08, WDW '13
 
ottawarob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 21

Paper Fast Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDaddy-O View Post
We got to Epcot at around 10 this morning and the wait time board said that Soarin was a 90 min wait and FP return was 7:30-8:30.
Paper FP's are still alive and well as of today! I did not see any indication that they were going away.
We had EMH until 1:00am tonight at MK and everything was a walk on after 11:30 or so, now that is the way tour a park!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasamong View Post
Regular paper fastpass for popular rides can be out as quickly as 9:30.

You can double up on regular paper fastpass every hour and have your fastpass+ selections as well.

No sign of paper fastpass gone yet
Great. Just so I'm clear, you need to have a KTTW card (not just a MB) to get paper FPs, correct? If so, any suggestions on what to say to the CM at check in to get the card? We're hearing that Disney is actively discouraging the distribution of KTTW cards now that MBs are nearing full roll-out.
__________________
ottawarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #21
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 6,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak89 View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned or in another thread, I haven't seen it anywhere but,
are Canadians getting their customized Magic Bands delivered to their homes or are they waiting for you at the resort,
and if so, did you have to put in the resort address at some point?
We will be getting our third set of MB's this December. Each time we have customized them, it lists our Canadian address.

You don't need to change anything. They will automatically ship to your resort.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 6,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
Great. Just so I'm clear, you need to have a KTTW card (not just a MB) to get paper FPs, correct? If so, any suggestions on what to say to the CM at check in to get the card? We're hearing that Disney is actively discouraging the distribution of KTTW cards now that MBs are nearing full roll-out.
Just tell them you will use your MB for charging purposes and entrance into the parks, but you would like a KTTW card for daily paper FP because you don't want to book your fastpasses in advance.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #23
Tulles
Mouseketeer
 
Tulles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 269

Okay so our MB will be waiting for us at check-in. How does the ME work then? I heard somewhere that they now require the MB to scan your way onto the bus. I'm so anxious about this whole MB thing since its not even showing up at all yet for our Jan. reservation.
__________________
5x off site 1982-1991; Nov. 2000~ASSp; Nov. 2012~POR/AoA; Jan. 2014~CR/ASMo; Oct. 2015~CBR
DH (39) Me (37) DS (8) DD (5) Oatmeal Boo
Tulles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Just East of Toronto
Posts: 6,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulles View Post
Okay so our MB will be waiting for us at check-in. How does the ME work then? I heard somewhere that they now require the MB to scan your way onto the bus. I'm so anxious about this whole MB thing since its not even showing up at all yet for our Jan. reservation.
They will still send you your luggage tags and ME vouchers.
Disneylover99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:54 PM   #25
Tulles
Mouseketeer
 
Tulles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
They will still send you your luggage tags and ME vouchers.
Awesome. Thank you for taking one worry off my head.
__________________
5x off site 1982-1991; Nov. 2000~ASSp; Nov. 2012~POR/AoA; Jan. 2014~CR/ASMo; Oct. 2015~CBR
DH (39) Me (37) DS (8) DD (5) Oatmeal Boo
Tulles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #26
disneyfreak89
DIS Veteran
 
disneyfreak89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 673

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
We are in Ottawa, arriving in WDW on 11/11. We customized our Magic Bands on the My Disney Experience website. The name of our resort is clearly indicated on the MB customization confirmation page, along with the message: "Your MagicBands are shipping soon to either your confirmed shipping address or Walt Disney World Resort hotel."

The MDE website states that MBs will be sent to the resort for non-U.S. guests -- since the system seems to have a good handle on which resort that is, we're hoping that that's exactly what will happen.

If your MB customization confirmation page does not clearly indicate the resort, I'd give Disney a call. If it does, I think you're good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post
We will be getting our third set of MB's this December. Each time we have customized them, it lists our Canadian address.

You don't need to change anything. They will automatically ship to your resort.
Great news. Thanks for your responses!
__________________


Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - DixL; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - DixL; 2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - PC;
2007 - PC/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - PC/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/PC; 2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV
disneyfreak89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:45 AM   #27
sasamong
Earning My Ears
 
sasamong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak89 View Post
Sorry if this has already been mentioned or in another thread, I haven't seen it anywhere but, are Canadians getting their customized Magic Bands delivered to their homes or are they waiting for you at the resort, and if so, did you have to put in the resort address at some point?
When I confirmed, I had the magic bands shipped to my Canadian address but saw that they only ship to the states and if the address didn't match a zip code that they would be held at the resort.

When we arrived the magic bands were
At the resort waiting for us (all customized)!

So I think u r good to go!!!
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
sasamong
Earning My Ears
 
sasamong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawarob View Post
Great. Just so I'm clear, you need to have a KTTW card (not just a MB) to get paper FPs, correct? If so, any suggestions on what to say to the CM at check in to get the card? We're hearing that Disney is actively discouraging the distribution of KTTW cards now that MBs are nearing full roll-out.
I don't know about other resort or cast members but when we checked in, out cast member Kevin provided us with the card and the bands. He informed us that some places don't have magic band scanners yet, so he gave us the cards in advanced as well.

I guess if they don't automatically issue you the card, just ask them to issue some for you in case the magic bands don't work
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:05 PM   #29
dsneygirl
My little pirate is here
The mixed drinks always tasted yummy to me
 
dsneygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: VWL and Ontario
Posts: 5,318

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasamong View Post
I don't know about other resort or cast members but when we checked in, out cast member Kevin provided us with the card and the bands. He informed us that some places don't have magic band scanners yet, so he gave us the cards in advanced as well.

I guess if they don't automatically issue you the card, just ask them to issue some for you in case the magic bands don't work

When we were there in Sept you needed a KTTW card to get new cards for the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game. The bands did not work.
__________________
FW 1980, 1984, 1988, DxL 1992, Canada Pavillon CM July 1997-July 1998, (Met DH at the BeaverTails shack) Off site Feb 1999 Engaged at Cindy's Sept 2000, DL GC Feb 2001, POFQ Sept 2001, Poly June 2002, Off site March 2003, FW Hallowe'en 2003, GF Xmas 2003, DisneyLand Oct 2004, FW May 2005 Joined DVC June 2005 SSR Oct 2005, OKW Dec 2005, DLH Mar 2006,DS's 1st Trip BCV & CBR Oct 2006, VWL & POR Dec 2006, BCV & POR May 2007, BWV & ASM Aug 2007, SSR Oct 2007 VWL Dec 2007, AKL/VWL Sept 2008, March 2009 Pop/BCV, Disney Wonder and AKV/BCV May 2009, AKL/VWL Sept 2009, OKW Dec 2009,Mar 2010 Disney Wonder and BLT, May 2010 AKL, Aug 2010 VWL/BCV,Dec 2010 AKL, Feb 2011 Disney Dream/VWL, May 2011 BLT, Sept 2011 VGC, Oct 2011 SSR, Aulani June 2012, BCV/VWL Sept 2012, AKV/BLT Sept 2013, Dec 2013 VWL/DisneyDream, Nov 2014 VGC
(me)(DH)(DS 7) (DS 2)



dsneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #30
sasamong
Earning My Ears
 
sasamong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneygirl View Post
When we were there in Sept you needed a KTTW card to get new cards for the Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom game. The bands did not work.
Band worked for us! They also gave us last year's Halloween cards too. Very nice of them
sasamong is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.