DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
shari2shop
Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's life...
 
shari2shop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 1105 miles to OKW
Posts: 426

Question DVC points ---> RCI Cruise??

I had some 2012 points that I could not use and banked them into 2013. Well I can't use them this year so I rolled them over to RCI before they were 'lost'.

I have looked on the RCI website and I have found a list of resorts and points.

When I click to search on the RCI website a graphic comes up to show that it is searching and it shows a cruise ship.

So... my question is... Can I book a CRUSIE through RCI using my points that I deposited there OR are the points only goood for resorts?
__________________
Shari, Clayton, Cole, Cate & Cetch
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2009 - November - 8 days ~ 4 days AKV & 4 Day WONDER cruise
2006 - March - 8 days - OKW ~ Kids, Cousin & kids
2005 - June - 9 days - AKL & OKW ~ Kids, Mom, Sis & Nephew
2005 - March - 9 days - OKW ~ 1st time with/KIDS!
2001 - Sept - 6 days - PO Riverside
1995 - July - 6 days - AllStar Sports
1989 - June - 4 days - Off Site
shari2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #2
erionm
DIS Veteran
 
erionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Longwood, FL
Posts: 12,762

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari2shop View Post
So... my question is... Can I book a CRUSIE through RCI using my points that I deposited there OR are the points only goood for resorts?
You can only use points deposited into RCI for the roughly 600 resorts that DVC has selected.
__________________
Michael
erionm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
shari2shop
Cinderella is proof that shoes can change a girl's life...
 
shari2shop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: 1105 miles to OKW
Posts: 426

Quote:
Originally Posted by erionm View Post
You can only use points deposited into RCI for the roughly 600 resorts that DVC has selected.
Thanks for the answer... not what I wanted to hear though....
__________________
Shari, Clayton, Cole, Cate & Cetch
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
2009 - November - 8 days ~ 4 days AKV & 4 Day WONDER cruise
2006 - March - 8 days - OKW ~ Kids, Cousin & kids
2005 - June - 9 days - AKL & OKW ~ Kids, Mom, Sis & Nephew
2005 - March - 9 days - OKW ~ 1st time with/KIDS!
2001 - Sept - 6 days - PO Riverside
1995 - July - 6 days - AllStar Sports
1989 - June - 4 days - Off Site
shari2shop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:26 AM   #4
Lynne M
 
Lynne M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 9,020
DISboards Moderator

Go to the DVC member website, click the Destinations tab, and then click World Passport Collection under Member Getaways. That will show you the RCI and Buena Vista Trading options we have available for points stays.

The RCI site isn't going to be of any use in choosing a resort, since as the PP said, we only have access to a small subset of RCI's resorts.
Lynne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #5
Dean
DIS Veteran
 
Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 31,565

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari2shop View Post
I had some 2012 points that I could not use and banked them into 2013. Well I can't use them this year so I rolled them over to RCI before they were 'lost'.

I have looked on the RCI website and I have found a list of resorts and points.

When I click to search on the RCI website a graphic comes up to show that it is searching and it shows a cruise ship.

So... my question is... Can I book a CRUSIE through RCI using my points that I deposited there OR are the points only goood for resorts?
How many points? What/when would you like to use them for?
__________________
Dean
Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.