Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 01:38 AM   #991
disney david
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
STOP IT!! The mods on this board work VOLUNTARILY. All they ask is for posters to follow the rules. Now one of them will have to clean the thread up or maybe they will close it because people don't know how to follow instructions. Get back on topic. If you want to talk about other issues start a new thread.
Thanks your right

Bring back Walter on the podcast we miss him
CHIP AND DALE ARE A LIST CHARACTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #992
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
STOP IT!!

The mods on this board work VOLUNTARILY. All they ask is for posters to follow the rules. Now one of them will have to clean the thread up or maybe they will close it because people don't know how to follow instructions.

Get back on topic. If you want to talk about other issues start a new thread.
Thank you.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 AM   #993
WantToGoNow
DIS Veteran

Also, the week we were there the FP lines were still pretty long. Even after you wait for your time, you will still have a line.

I never even considered getting a DAS for my ADHD/ODD son but he's never had an issue waiting. When he was smaller he would do stuff like put his mouth on the handrails (eek) but he seems to have outgrown that. WDW is stimulating, make sure he has his meds. I noticed my sons meds seemed to wear off much earlier than at home.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:57 AM   #994
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Off topic posts were deleted.
If you are interested in the history of the Disboards, better places to ask would include the Community Board or the DIS Unplugged Boards.

Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
Old 10-27-2013, 08:22 AM   #995
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny3boys View Post
Thank you for your report. We are arriving in 2 weeks with my immune compromised 6 yo son. I think I will ask for a stroller as wheelchair tag for him, but I haven't decided about the DAS yet. Can I ask what wording you used? He has been fighting a virus for over a month now, so I am thinking he isn't going to be in as good of shape as I hoped for our trip. If we use the stroller as a wheelchair for the fatigue, do we still need to use the accessible entrance/vehicles. I heard in another thread that the wait for those is longer and i don't want to use up those spots that others really need. He has no problem getting in and out of the stroller and the rides or stairs. He's a fairly typical child otherwise, just a few health issues.
If you are using stroller as wheelchair, you'll be sent to an additional waiting area at tsm, Buzz, Jc, the new ariel voyage of the little mermaid, and a few other attractions. There may be additional wait time and the DAS does note that waits may be longer in the terms of agreement.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #996
mjr0483
Mouseketeer

So this information might be in here some where but this thread is super long.

From the sounds of it there is some walking investment to make the DAS work as you have to walk to the ride entrance to get a ride time. I have read some comments about kiosks?

Is this only at DL or will it be coming to WDW?
Old 10-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #997
delmar411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post

From the sounds of it there is some walking investment to make the DAS work as you have to walk to the ride entrance to get a ride time. I have read some comments about kiosks?

There is a lot of walking at WDW to deal with the card. I'm not sure if/when the kiosks will get to WDW but sooner is better IMO. I think I walked an extra 3 miles yesterday as the runner. It sucked a lot and made my already thinned patience that much harder to keep.

Plus when I walked from RNRC to TSM the time I had for wait time had jumped significantly by the time I got to the ride. Making it a waste of a walk because it was now too late for us to stay there.
I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~Voltaire
Old 10-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #998
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Is there more running than being a fp runner. Seems it would be the same.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #999
mjr0483
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delmar411 View Post
There is a lot of walking at WDW to deal with the card. I'm not sure if/when the kiosks will get to WDW but sooner is better IMO. I think I walked an extra 3 miles yesterday as the runner. It sucked a lot and made my already thinned patience that much harder to keep.

Plus when I walked from RNRC to TSM the time I had for wait time had jumped significantly by the time I got to the ride. Making it a waste of a walk because it was now too late for us to stay there.
It would be nice if they allowed you to check in at any ride. Sounds like they just need a pen and the current wait time at the ride which the App provides.

I guess why make it easy.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:54 AM   #1000
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr0483 View Post

Post one is a summary of FAQs, so it is a helpful place to look.

WDW has CMs stationed at attractions - they have had greeters for most attractions for a long time. With Fastpass Plus being rolled out and many attractions with Fastpass, there were already CMs at each attraction that could be used for DAS Return Times.
There are rumors, but nothing confirmed, that WDW may get kiosks when Fastpass a Plus/Magicbsnds/RFID cards are totally implemented.
That may be just someone's idea or may have some basis in fact.

DL has kiosks - the reason I have heard was because they did not have CM greeters for each attraction like WDW does.
DL also does not have RFID cards yet.

Old 10-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #1001
Belle1962
DIS Veteran

Sorry but I am confused - what is exactly is one active? For example: I have return time of 2:00 pm on Big Thunder-am I not allowed to obtain another time at a different attraction until after 2?

Also--how would you combine fastpass, fastpass plus,magic band and the RFID thing? (I don't even really understand what they are except basic the fastpass)

Last edited by Belle1962; 10-27-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #1002
SueM in MN

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1962 View Post
Sorry but I am confused - what is exactly is one active? For example: I have return time of 2:00 pm on Big Thunder-am I not allowed to obtain another time at a different attraction until after 2?

Also--how would you combine fastpass, fastpass plus,magic band and the RFID thing? (I don't even really understand what they are except basic the fastpass)
One active means you can have one return time on your DAS card.
It stays active until you use it or cancel it.

You can only have one, so in your example, after 2pm, you have to use your DAS Return card before you can get another one.

Magicbands and RFID cards are just what you use the get Fastpasses (like you used to use your park pass to get Fastpasses.
Fast pass Plus is replacing Fastpass at WDW, so eventually Fastpass will be gone.
Fastpass Plus works basically the same as Fastpass did except you can reserve them ahead of time.

DAS return times are not connected with Fastpass or Fastpass Plus

Old 10-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #1003
alizesmom
Pumba is my hero but I love Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle1962 View Post
Sorry but I am confused - what is exactly is one active? For example: I have return time of 2:00 pm on Big Thunder-am I not allowed to obtain another time at a different attraction until after 2? Also--how would you combine fastpass, fastpass plus,magic band and the RFID thing? (I don't even really understand what they are except basic the fastpass)
If I under correctly, you can only get one DAS return time at a time. You can however have the DAS, fast pass and fast pass plus all at the same time. So you may have a fast pass for ToT at 2pm, a fast plus for RnRC at 3pm and a DAS return time for Star Tours at 4pm.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #1004
jiminyfan
Daddy, Dreamer and WDWnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Of every card I have, the ONLY one that has my picture is my Driver's License!! My health ins card does NOT have our pictures on it. As a matter of fact, they don't even use our social sec #"s! They don't want them, they don't want to be responsible for them being stolen, if records are compromised! And between DH and I we have over a dozen CC and NOT one has a picture on it. Our library doesn't do pictures either. So I have to disagree with your comment about 'everything else having your photo on it'. I would not agree to having my photo on all those things! My choice...
It is your choice for getting a DAS it is not a required pass. I do not like Disney's rules for many things, but feel this is a better process for everyone involved.

April 2014
Son and his school is performed at Downtown Disney and the band lead the Good Friday Parade
Wonderful Time and great shows by the students

August 2014 - First AoA stay looking forward to a new home for our vacation

Fall 2014 - Still in the planning stages, but F&W will be part of it
Old 10-27-2013, 02:36 PM   #1005
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminyfan

It is your choice for getting a DAS it is not a required pass. I do not like Disney's rules for many things, but feel this is a better process for everyone involved.
Yes but Disney is Excellent about giving people OPTIONS! Such as if you don't want to do the finger scan, fine show a picture ID such as your Drivers license with your ticket media and no need to do the finger scan.
It appears, they are giving people the option to say 'no' if they are ASKING 'do you mind if I take your picture?' Personally, I don't care if it is on the DAS. I said they should have put them on the GACs a long time ago! But then again, I also said that the GAC did almost always shorten the wait time but was always 'corrected' and told that was not true/accurate. Funny?? If it didn't, why did so many people want them.... so much so that they needed to do away with the GAC totally??!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: