Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES! > disABILITIES Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #16
tinkerbelle1987
Earning My Ears

Yes!

Yes! I know this pain all too well. Ironically mine did not begin until I had my wisdom teeth cut out. They removed all four of them and 2 more besides that. It is the most excruciating pain known to man. Luckily I found a doctor who is aware of it, he said his wife has it as well. Nothing works for me when I am in a flare, I have taken ever pain reliever that one can think of. Its this pulsing, throbbing searing pain. I cannot be in the wind at all, even a warm breeze will trigger it for me. I will always say that the oral surgeon must have damaged my trigeminal nerves when he cut out my wisdom teeth as prior to the surgery I never had one episode of TN. Brushing my teeth is horrendous as well as sometimes it can trigger it too. I take Migraine Medications because I also have Migraines in addition to the TN. I feel for anyone who has to suffer from this horrendous pain. It leaves me in tears when I am in a flare.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #17
MataHari22
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
My sympathies. t

There's a group called Trigeminal Neuralgia Association that has a lot of good advice for people who have this. Check them out on the web!
Thanks very much. I will check it out.
MataHari22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #18
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarlingcoyote View Post
I do; I'd never even heard of it before I found out I had it, and I've never met anyone else who had it. Well, I haven't met them when I've known they had it. Apparently there was a doctor's wife in my small hometown who had it, but, while she was a dear friend of my mother's, by the time I knew her she was an (understandably) reclusive person, so I only met her a few times.

I've been on the TNA boards, but I feel so guilty afterwards - mine is pretty managable. I've discovered that if I eat ketogenically, I don't have pain problems unless one of two specific triggers for pain is involved. (I thought about talking to my doctor about seizure meds, which I hear can work - if this diet works, the meds would likely work, but as DH has pointed out, my diet doesn't have any side effects other than me whining about not being able to eat a donut or a yeast roll.)

Anyway, I'm feeling very alone and very sorry for myself right now because I am going to have all my wisdom teeth out and I know I will be in for a week or two of horrible pain afterwards, even if I'm so far into ketosis that I have to watch that I'm not going into ketoacidosis. I'd just like to have some normal person say "yeah, I have it too and I manage, and yeah, it SUCKS big time."

Anyone?

Bueller?
Sorry to hear you are going through this. The two people I know that had it took fibromyalgia medication such as Lyrica. It seemed to help. One eventually had surgery to help it.
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: