DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #16
fmer55
DIS Veteran

What cracks me up is everyone wants the best price and whines and moans about what they have read. Well if you have read so much you know there are 2 main brokers there, Sharon and Shawn, Sharon has been there forever.

Pick up the phone, call, ask for Sharon, if you don't hear back call again. I emailed her Friday morning, heard back that my offer was accepted Friday afternoon. Called to tell her the seller needed to bank points by Monday or I was out. Points banked, Contracts received yesterday, sent back by me and seller today. Off to ROFR, easy-peasy.

This is my fourth contract in 20 months, all with them, all at the bottom of the ROFR prices. If you want the bottom you need to do a little work. IF you want to pay more use TSS, their time frame seems to be about 10-14 days quicker and their communication a bit better.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #17
POTCfan
Mouseketeer

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I just closed on a contract with Fidelity. Didn't have any problems (that I am aware of). Still have to wait for my membership info to arrive - but barring any problems, I couldn't be happier. I feel I got a great price. From what I have read, I think TSS has better communication. But Fidelity had a contract I wanted for a fantastic price. I wouldn't hesitate going to them again.
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
e46m3
Mouseketeer

My first contract was so good it got ROFR'ed. It got painful search for the second contract.
e46m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:15 PM   #19
Breyean
DVC Since '93

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmer55 View Post
What cracks me up is everyone wants the best price and whines and moans about what they have read. Well if you have read so much you know there are 2 main brokers there, Sharon and Shawn, Sharon has been there forever.

Pick up the phone, call, ask for Sharon, if you don't hear back call again. I emailed her Friday morning, heard back that my offer was accepted Friday afternoon. Called to tell her the seller needed to bank points by Monday or I was out. Points banked, Contracts received yesterday, sent back by me and seller today. Off to ROFR, easy-peasy.

This is my fourth contract in 20 months, all with them, all at the bottom of the ROFR prices. If you want the bottom you need to do a little work. IF you want to pay more use TSS, their time frame seems to be about 10-14 days quicker and their communication a bit better.
Very well said. I've done four contracts with her the past 18 months. And now she's emailing me with all the contracts meeting my criteria for my next add on.

She also has a good feel for the prices being ROFR'd and has told me the range I need to be in to get through based on recent activity.

I've always found her very helpful, and the most recent change in management over there seems to have loosened things up a little more again. For a while she couldn't send out alerts to potential buyers, even though other firms do it, and that was a pain. Now she can and is doing it again.

And the prices there are really a lot lower than at some others, and they will present all offers, unlike some others.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #20
GOOFY D
DIS Veteran

My experience with Fidelity has been good and bad (inconsistent). I recently learned that the agent I had a terrible experience with at Fidelity has now formed her own company selling DVC. I certainly would not go that route.

1988 - Polynesian * 1995 - Carribean Beach * 1996 - All Star Sports * 1997 - Candy Cane (Disneyland) * 1998 - All Star Music * 1999 - Contemporary * 1999 - Contemporary * 2000 - Disney Wonder /Coronado Springs * 2000 - All Star Sports * 2001 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2002 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2003 - All Star Movies * 2004 - Disney Magic (Eastern-San Juan) * 2006 - Contemporary * 2006 - Coronado Springs * 2007 - All Star Sports/Animal Kingdom Lodge * 2008 - All Star Sports * 2009 - Disney Magic (Western) * 2009 - All Star Movies * 2010 - Disney Magic (Eastern) * 2011 - All Star Sports * 2012 - Disney Fantasy (Western) * 2013 - Animal Kingdom Villas-Kidani * 2013 - Bay Lake Tower * 2014 - Boardwalk Villas
GOOFY D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #21
CarolMN
DVC Co-Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle & Ariel View Post
I think Disney gives them the contracts because they do not want to make it easy for us to buy resale.

Disney refers contracts to Fidelity because Fidelity pays for the referrals. The two of them have a contract.

I do not know the amount Fidelity pays Disney, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's works out to be about $195 per contract - that's the same amount buyers have to pay Fidelity as an administrative fee.

BWV - Early Morning on May 2, 2008
CarolMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #22
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Quote:
IF you want to pay more use TSS, their time frame seems to be about 10-14 days quicker and their communication a bit better.
I don't agree with this blanket statement. The contracts I tried to get through Fidelity were AKV in the mid 70s (last spring) no banked points and one was completely stripped. I ended up getting a contract through The Timeshare Store for the same price but I had 200 banked points which I sold so it was a much better deal. You can't say that people will always pay more through the Timeshare Store.
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 11:53 PM   #23
fmer55
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splashboat View Post
I don't agree with this blanket statement. The contracts I tried to get through Fidelity were AKV in the mid 70s (last spring) no banked points and one was completely stripped. I ended up getting a contract through The Timeshare Store for the same price but I had 200 banked points which I sold so it was a much better deal. You can't say that people will always pay more through the Timeshare Store.
Disagree all you want, just take a look at the ROFR threads, my purchase prices, and the median purchase prices and you will see that I am right. I will not fight with you, the numbers substantiate my "blanket statement", you will not find 1, not 1 contract, sold by the TSS that is less than Fidelity's lowest. Find 1 and I will pay for your next contract, they simply will not present offers as low as Fidelity.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:36 PM   #24
Splashboat
Always looking for cheap airfare

Quote:
Disagree all you want, just take a look at the ROFR threads, my purchase prices, and the median purchase prices and you will see that I am right. I will not fight with you, the numbers substantiate my "blanket statement", you will not find 1, not 1 contract, sold by the TSS that is less than Fidelity's lowest. Find 1 and I will pay for your next contract, they simply will not present offers as low as Fidelity.
First of all, calm down - Holy cow are you defensive.

I am not sure how you can even make the statements above. The number of posts reporting prices on the ROFR thread are very small number of contracts sold. Most do not say where they were purchased.

However, seeing as you made the offer we don't need to wait until next time: You can send me a check for $4,900 for the points I bought in June for my contract through The Timeshare store. AKV 100 points, it was loaded and I was able to sell 200 points to bring my price down to $4,900. The contracts I tried to purchase through Fidelity were both in the mid $70 and when I initially contacted Fidelity I was told not to expect the people to budge on the price given the market. (As noted in my post above, you can see that they did not have points to sell either) * Should have noted, I was willing to pay asking prices on both of those contracts with Fidelity that I mention.

No desire to argue, I'm just stating a fact. Have a nice day!

Last edited by Splashboat; 10-05-2013 at 03:33 PM. Reason: *
Splashboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #25
GiantsNiners11
DVC Pro

Quote:
I 100% agree. I was told by TSS to "get more realistic" with my offers. Rude imho. I got what I wanted to pay (actually lower), so I'm glad I was persistent and used a competitor.

The contract I purchased for AKV was 250 with 500 points loaded for free. After I rent those points, it will bring the cost down to $44 per point. I couldn't even come close to that with the others. They all wanted $75-$80+ for stripped contracts. No thank you.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #26
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Just for a little reality check, all Florida real estate brokers are required to present all offers to the sellers in a timely manner.

There is nothing wrong with a broker telling a prospective buyer their offer seems unrealistic. That's not rude; it's actually usually good advice. The broker has a responsibility to both sides to make the deal happen. But if you disagree with their advice, they will still present your offer.

In fact, the only broker I've ever heard of NOT presenting offers in a timely manner is Fidelity. We've had numerous reports here of them holding offers to get a better offer, or holding offers on co-brokered deals to get all the commission themselves. They actually brag about doing that...which is unethical, IMHO.
JimMIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:59 AM   #27
JimMIA
A little Miami humor...

Location: Miami, Wyndham Great Smoky Mountains, and EVER (Everglades National Park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolMN View Post
I do not know the amount Fidelity pays Disney
When they first started, the amount was 50% of the commission, which is not uncommon in real estate. I assume the percentage is still the same.
JimMIA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #28
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Hearing all these stories is why I didn't go with Fidelity in the first place. I went with TSS and don't think I paid more than I would have if I went elsewhere. I've also loved my experience so far.

The guys at TSS have been insanely quick to write and call back. I called to inquire about the listing, placed the offer (which was $10 pp lower than asking price), an hour later the agent called me back with the counter offer, and an hour after that I was calling back to accept. I received the emailed copy of the contract within 2 hours of that call. Granted I understand some of this also has to do with the seller being just as quick.

The next day (which was Saturday), I copied and emailed my signed contract around 3pm, and included a few additional questions in the email. By 3:30pm I had confirmation from their admin that they received the contract. By 4pm I had an email from my agent answering my questions. She then emailed me again at 7pm thanking me about so quick and explained how after they receive my deposit, it will be quiet for a bit while in ROFR. I honestly wasn't expecting any response on a Saturday!
disneygirlinnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:06 PM   #29
kydisneyfans
It may be because they are too embarassed to show it in public

No Fidelity complaints here.
We made the first call Wed Sept 4, went to ROFR on Sept 10, was approved on Oct 8, had the title papers on Oct 11, and sent everything to the title company today. It would have been Friday but we were at Disney, yesterday was the banking holiday.

I would not hesitate to use them again.
Shawn Ray was my advisor, her communication was excellent throughout.
kydisneyfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 02:19 PM   #30
GiantsNiners11
DVC Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMIA View Post
Just for a little reality check, all Florida real estate brokers are required to present all offers to the sellers in a timely manner.

There is nothing wrong with a broker telling a prospective buyer their offer seems unrealistic. That's not rude; it's actually usually good advice. The broker has a responsibility to both sides to make the deal happen. But if you disagree with their advice, they will still present your offer.
This is not accurate. TSS did not present an offer of mine as did DVCbyresale. The rude part was not in telling me that the offer was unrealistic necessarily. The rude part was in HOW they presented it. It was rude. It's perception. My wife laughed out loud because she could hear the guy's tone on the other end. It was silly....like, "neener neener, we sold it for to $20 more per point than you offered" attitude.

Well, it WASN'T good advice. If I had listened to them, I would have overpaid by $20 per point! I ended up finding better deals on 4 contracts last month.

TSS said I couldn't find a VGC under $125 per point. We found one for $103 loaded with all banked points.

They said to be more realistic about Animal Kingdom when I offered $70 per point. We got one for $67 loaded.

They said SSR isn't selling in the 60s anymore and to not believe everything I read on the internet (when I commented about Don's thread about ACTUAL deeds). We got two for UNDER $60 per point. Yes, they may be exceptions, but look at Don's threads which are FACTS. There are PLENTY that are selling well below their listing price. So, yes, I think it's rude (depending HOW they say it) AND bad advice when they tell customers to be more "realistic" when REALITY is that they are overpriced.
GiantsNiners11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: