Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 09:19 AM   #31
winthropf
Mouseketeer

I think baggage checked with RAC has to be done at least 3 hours before your flight. With a 6:20 ME pickup, I am guessing that the flight was around 8:20-8:30. This means bags would have to be checked by 5:20, so when trying to do it at 5:45 you were past the window.
winthropf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #32
pistachio
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiledraf View Post
And what flight number do you give to ME for reference? SW adds a "5" to the front of the flight number.
I'd like to know that too. Anyone know? TIA

pistachio is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #33
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by winthropf View Post
I think baggage checked with RAC has to be done at least 3 hours before your flight. With a 6:20 ME pickup, I am guessing that the flight was around 8:20-8:30. This means bags would have to be checked by 5:20, so when trying to do it at 5:45 you were past the window.
This was my first thought too. I don't think it had anything to do with it being a Air Tran/Southwest flight. The OP just missed the 3 hour prior to flight cut off for checking his bags at the resort.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #34
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by winthropf View Post
Actually, with a 6:20 pick-up time, the flight should've been about 9:30, which means that 5:45 was well before 3 hours before the flight.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #35
frisbeego
Mouseketeer

I just got back from my stay at OKW.

1. My Magical Express departure time was 2 hours 45 minutes before my plane's scheduled departure time. I arrived at the airport in plenty of time, even accounting for security.

2. I flew AT, booked through SW. I told the skycaps at OKW that I was flying AT and gave the AT number. They never asked me to pay for bags and checked my bags through to my destination. (I believe she said that they could not check bags if you were flying one leg with SW and one leg with AT, but I was zoning out b/c it didn't apply to me.) Without even asking, they printed my boarding pass, which was awesome.

The whole thing was worry-free, and we got to enjoy one final day at Magic Kingdom.
frisbeego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #36
cajacobi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyman_apd View Post
It has to be done AT LEAST 3 hours before. It can be done earlier. We tend to take late flights home (they usually are cheaper, and we like to get that last day in the park feeling) and I check my bags around 8 am even for 9pm flights. It's more of an inconvienence, but DME usually gets you to the airport with plenty of time to check you bags. It's just more stuff to carry in from the bus. If you have already booked a round trip, it's worth a look to cancel and rebook on the SW site if the flight prices are the same. I can't tell you how much the no change fee policy on SW is better than ANY other airline. Once I booked my flight on the wrong date. Noticed it quickly and rebooked. Prices were the same, so it just uses the credit from the old flight......but man would I have been screwed if it was Orbits, expedia, or some other airline website.
We just got home Thursday, and ME BARELY got us to the airport in time to check our bags and get through security! We know now to either ask for an earlier bus or take a taxi!
cajacobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #37
sam_gordon
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajacobi
We just got home Thursday, and ME BARELY got us to the airport in time to check our bags and get through security! We know now to either ask for an earlier bus or take a taxi!
What time was your flight?
What was your assigned ME pickup time?
What time did you get picked up?
When did you get to the airport?

These are curiosity questions.
Bay Lake Towers, WDW June 1 - June 6, 2011
Polynesian, WDW Dec. 29, 2008 - Jan. 3, 2009
Wilderness Lodge, WDW, June 2005
Polynesian, WDW Sept. 7 - Sept. 14, 2001
Caribbean Beach, June 1993
sam_gordon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags