DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2013, 05:48 PM   #16
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean View Post
IMO it depends on how you look at it. In addition to the 4 formal reallocations (OKW mid 90's, 2 yrs of across the board reallocation a few yrs ago and the THV), there have been other items you might look at as such. Just the points changes from OKW to BWV and beyond were effectively a reallocation and increase, AKV and BLT? both had view rearrangements. I believe the S-F stay was a predictable casualty though I do believe that without some type of minimum stay requirement, they went overboard with benefits to those that stay weekends.

As noted, they do but the decreases have never been as large or obvious as the increases. And while there are limits on how much things can change in a year, those protections do not appear to extend to the lockoff costs and as DVC has proven, all you have to do is make changes over 2 years anyway.

Actually DVC has an obligation to change the points costs if the demand gets too far out of balance.

Per the rules and regulations, DVC can also require minimum stay requirement of up to 5 days.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:07 PM   #17
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneynutz View Post
Per the rules and regulations, DVC can also require minimum stay requirement of up to 5 days.

Bill
Correct and there are ways they could even favor a stay of even 7 days if they so chose but they couldn't require it for more than 5 days. However they could set which days such as grouping the weekends and weekdays as a requirement within the rules. To a degree, the current reservations options actually do that by allowing 7 days at a pop at the 7 and 11 month window. Personally I don't think they will ever make such a change though I don't think most people realize the degree of extra costs they pay for such flexibility.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #18
rwcmath
DIS Veteran

Would a 5 night minimum preclude 2-3 night split stays? I was thinking of 50 VGF for 2 nights every year.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #19
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcmath View Post
Would a 5 night minimum preclude 2-3 night split stays? I was thinking of 50 VGF for 2 nights every year.
The minimum is available for Disney to require should they wish to do so. IMO it won't happen but the restriction would be per reservation.

I would buy more points than needed due to the possibility of Disney re-allocating points or you vacationing at a different time of year or staying at a different resort or staying an extra day. You can never have too many points!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:38 PM   #20
Dean
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcmath View Post
I agree with Bill that it is unlikely to happen. However, implemented in it's extreme form it could preclude shorter stays and no, the previous sales and promises wouldn't prevent such a restriction nor would threats of legal action. IF they were to institute any type of minimum stay it'd likely be a 3 day minimum with no other restrictions OR they would group the weekend and weekdays into their own grouping. Even if they did something along these lines they'd likely remove the restriction once you got to a shorter notice, say 2, 4 or 7 months out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: