Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #151
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
UGH! This is exactly what I was hoping not to hear. ST is one of the rides I was thinking about. That doesn't make any sense as the RT is supposed to be geared toward the wait time, and some of the FP waits can be really long (ST, Soaring, etc.). Not sure why to have a RT at all if it's just a FP (on FP rides).
Oh no. I made a mistake! We used our own FP for that one. Sorry. I don't know what would happen with ST. I actually don't have a ride to compare with. Sorry for posting incorrectly. Hopefully someone else can better answer your question. Crowds were so low yesterday that we didn't use the DAS at all. My son can only take the parks for 3 hours so after 5 rides he was fine. Going to try toy story with the DAS today. Ill report back. I used the GAC for it on Monday.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #152
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
UGH! This is exactly what I was hoping not to hear. ST is one of the rides I was thinking about. That doesn't make any sense as the RT is supposed to be geared toward the wait time, and some of the FP waits can be really long (ST, Soaring, etc.). Not sure why to have a RT at all if it's just a FP (on FP rides).
From what I have been told, they are sending everyone to the FP queue by default; however, you are supposed to simply explain your need to the person directing you and they should allow the alternate entrance.

In my experience at ST, with the GAC I was always directed to the FP queue, but if I was having a bad day and couldn't do the steep ramp, I would simply tell them that I need the elevator.

I would expect the new system to work similar. If they direct in a way that does not meet your needs, explain your needs to them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #153
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post

In my experience at ST, with the GAC I was always directed to the FP queue,
I was about to post this. We have used the GAC on ST with our son every trip, it is his favourite ride. Every time we have used it, we have been directed into the FP line. Other than using the elevator, I didn't think there was an alternate entrance to ST?
Old 10-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #154
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladora View Post
I was about to post this. We have used the GAC on ST with our son every trip, it is his favourite ride. Every time we have used it, we have been directed into the FP line. Other than using the elevator, I didn't think there was an alternate entrance to ST?
There is for those with ECVs and electric wheelchairs. They are normally given a return time pass and directed to the exit, due to the fact that the entrance cannot support the weight of these devices.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #155
Aladora
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmwade77 View Post
There is for those with ECVs and electric wheelchairs. They are normally given a return time pass and directed to the exit, due to the fact that the entrance cannot support the weight of these devices.
Huh, learn something new every day!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #156
piratenightmares
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We have been directed with GAC to the elevator on ST on several occasions so I think that must be the alternate entrance.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:51 PM   #157
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

Quote:
Yes, the ECV's and Wheelchairs go through the exit for Star Tours. It's actually kind of a pain because you have to go through the store, then navigate up the ramp that people are coming down!

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #158
piratenightmares
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlovesdis View Post
Yes, the ECV's and Wheelchairs go through the exit for Star Tours. It's actually kind of a pain because you have to go through the store, then navigate up the ramp that people are coming down!
That's weird. We never had to do that before. We just went in through the elevator to the left of the main entrance. Never had to go in through the exit. We've gone through the elevator with my son's wheelchair and also without one using the GAC.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #159
tlovesdis
Disneyland Obsessed!!!
My room has a Mickey theme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratenightmares View Post
That's weird. We never had to do that before. We just went in through the elevator to the left of the main entrance. Never had to go in through the exit. We've gone through the elevator with my son's wheelchair and also without one using the GAC.
Maybe the ECV can't fit in the elevator? I've been using one for years and have always gone through the exit. So maybe wheelchairs go through the elevator???? Not sure!

Disneyland - December 6-9, 2014 (Birthday trip)

WDW January 22-27, 2015
Kidani Village AKL
First trip to the WORLD!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #160
DLgal
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFamily6
This may seem like a stupid question, but what would stop someone from Magic Kingdom to Hollywood Studios and getting another DAS card?
They take down a bunch of info, input it into a computer and take your picture. If you try to get another one, the system will alert the CM that one was already given out.
Old 10-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #161
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Maybe the ECV can't fit in the elevator? I've been using one for years and have always gone through the exit. So maybe wheelchairs go through the elevator???? Not sure!
They can fit in the elevator.
My mother had an ECV and they were the older models that were quite a bit larger.
(It was her own ECV and this was in the mid to late 90's)
Old 10-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #162
Jperiod
Princesses Gone Wild

What is the kiosk like? Is it independant where you just stick your card in or is it a CM hand-writing stuff like at RSR?

If they're sending the DAS to the FP line, are they taking that waiting into consideration as well? As someone else said, Soarin' FP line is long! If standby is 60, FP is 20, and 10 for walking back and forth, are they writing the DAS for 30 min?

And what are they doing about the rides with waits of 20 min or less? My son can't go in the Peter Pan line because it's too tight and Casey Jr and Storybook because they're slow loaders. He turns into a human bumper car in those lines.

DLR in 1/97, 8/98, 12/98, 12/99, 12/00, 12/02, 12/03, 12/04, 12/05, 10/07, 12/07, 5/08, 12/08, 5/09, 12/09, 5/10, and 12/10.
WDW in 12/11 to satisfy our curiousity.
Back to DLR in 12/12, 2/13 (VGC ), 7/13 (2 day trips), 10/13, 12/13, and 12/14!
Old 10-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #163
Granny square
Always planning a trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisFamily6 View Post
Really, the DAS is being tracked within the Disney parks computer systems? I haven't seen this info in any of the info threads. I've watched a number of Youtube videos this morning and it looked like the CM was taking a picture with an ipad, typing in the name and other info and printing out the DAS, but it looked like a separate little printer it wasn't near the regular computers they use for park tickets and such. Also, can't someone just say they lost their DAS? Just curious how they are going to police this since the whole point of this new system is to cut down on the abuse.
I'm sure the cheaters will find a way. However I know one of the cms said it is input when dealing with the rest of the info and picture. Hope that eases your concerns.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #164
piratenightmares
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Oh yeah. Maybe. I haven't used an ECV. That's probably what it is. At the top of that elevator the space is rather limited. Hadn't thought of that. I can imagine entering through the gift shop area would be a little busy.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #165
piratenightmares
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888 View Post
They can fit in the elevator.
My mother had an ECV and they were the older models that were quite a bit larger.
(It was her own ECV and this was in the mid to late 90's)
Ah, thank you. It seems like a lot of entrances for one ride!

The FP line is usually good for us if we don't have my son in the chair at the time. I'm very glad with the DAS we can utilize other FP rides.

Also I think the idea of requiring ID for a person to have a DAS (if the child doesn't have ID then a parent's ID) is a completely reasonable thing to do (and think they should do it if they aren't already). To get into our local ZOO with an AP we have to show our ID and they scan it. This is so the pass won't be used multiple times in one day (my zoo pass is for a family of 8).

I would be more than happy to give DL my ID and information if it would assist my son in having a more pleasant experience. And I would hope they are checking to see if people are attempting to obtain more than one pass.

I have to fill out all sorts of paperwork for him constantly. This would be no different. I would be happy to do it and if it took an extra 30 minutes so be it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: