DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2013, 02:30 AM   #1
myosotisd
Park fanatic
 
myosotisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 168

AKL how much is good price in resale ?

Hello everyone,

i'm looking to buy 100 points in resale in AKL, the point is at 87$ and use years is december, do you think it's a good price ?

i always travel in september/october so do you think december UY is fine for me ?

the next annual fees will be due in January 2014 ?

It's easy to book value room in AKL for September/October ?

thanks for your reply
cheers
__________________
WDW
July 2000, March 2005, May 2006, September 2007, September 2008, September 2009, September 2010, September 2011, September 2013

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:13 AM   #2
timandjanl
Mouseketeer
 
timandjanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 298

It depends on whether the contract is stripped of points or if it has banked points and all of 2013/2014 left. Also, you might check the ROFR thread. People have been passing ROFR for much lower than $87.

If you normally travel in sept/icy then I do not think December is a good UY for you. If you ever had to cancel a trip at the last minute you would have very little time to use the points before the end of your UY. Ideally, you want to travel at the beginning if your UY so you would want September or August.

As for getting a certain kind of room, if your home resort is AKL you will be able to book at 11 months out and I imagine you'd be able to generally get what you want.
__________________
Childhood - too many day trips to count! NYE 2006 - offsite. 2009 - SSR. 2012 - AoA. May 2014 - AKV

Proud DVC Owner at SSR
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-04-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
myosotisd
Park fanatic
 
myosotisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by timandjanl View Post
It depends on whether the contract is stripped of points or if it has banked points and all of 2013/2014 left. Also, you might check the ROFR thread. People have been passing ROFR for much lower than $87.

If you normally travel in sept/icy then I do not think December is a good UY for you. If you ever had to cancel a trip at the last minute you would have very little time to use the points before the end of your UY. Ideally, you want to travel at the beginning if your UY so you would want September or August.

As for getting a certain kind of room, if your home resort is AKL you will be able to book at 11 months out and I imagine you'd be able to generally get what you want.
thanks for your return, the contract has no points left for 2013 but 100 points for 2014 and 100 for 2015

if i cancel my trip last minute i will lost my airfaire too and i have to book few month before because i'm flying from France
__________________
WDW
July 2000, March 2005, May 2006, September 2007, September 2008, September 2009, September 2010, September 2011, September 2013

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
Missyrose
DIS Veteran
 
Missyrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Northern Va.
Posts: 6,975

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosotisd View Post

thanks for your return, the contract has no points left for 2013 but 100 points for 2014 and 100 for 2015

if i cancel my trip last minute i will lost my airfaire too and i have to book few month before because i'm flying from France
There's little to no chance of being able to book a value villa at just a few months out. You likely need to be able to book 10 to 11 months out to get a value villa.
__________________
Missy Franklin (Pixel Dust) | Facebook: World of Yesterday, Tomorrow & Fantasy | Current TR: 8/14, 5/14 Past TR: 10/13, 1/13, 5/13, 10/12, 3/12 , 10/11, 10/10
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Missyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 AM   #5
greengeen
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 451

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosotisd View Post
the next annual fees will be due in January 2014 ?
You wouldn't actually be getting points until December 2014, more than a year from now. So you shouldn't be asked to pay dues any earlier than December 2014.
greengeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:24 AM   #6
Annielkd22222
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 270

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
You wouldn't actually be getting points until December 2014, more than a year from now. So you shouldn't be asked to pay dues any earlier than December 2014.
If you get the points for 2014, then you pay the fees for 2014
Annielkd22222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #7
wishicouldgomoreofte
Mouseketeer
 
wishicouldgomoreofte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Too far from the magic.
Posts: 1,242

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeen View Post
You wouldn't actually be getting points until December 2014, more than a year from now. So you shouldn't be asked to pay dues any earlier than December 2014.
No, this is wrong. December use year pays their dues in Jan like everyone else. So Dec UY points dues for 2014 are paid in Jan 2014.

OP, I see by your travel dates in your signature that you have been traveling in Sept, as you said, since 2007. Was that to get "free dining'? DVC member cannot stay on points and get free dining. I don't know if that would bring a change in your travel dates. Sept is the "cheapest" time to travel for DVC--lowest point requirements. Oct is VERY busy time for DVC, so don't count on getting much outside of your home resort if you want to travel in Oct.

As previously stated, it is best to have the use year start when you travel most, so Aug or Sept for you. I have Dec use year, and wish I had understood that before I bought.

Good luck with your learning and buying experience.
__________________
wishicouldgomoreofte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
myosotisd
Park fanatic
 
myosotisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishicouldgomoreofte View Post
No, this is wrong. December use year pays their dues in Jan like everyone else. So Dec UY points dues for 2014 are paid in Jan 2014.

OP, I see by your travel dates in your signature that you have been traveling in Sept, as you said, since 2007. Was that to get "free dining'? DVC member cannot stay on points and get free dining. I don't know if that would bring a change in your travel dates. Sept is the "cheapest" time to travel for DVC--lowest point requirements. Oct is VERY busy time for DVC, so don't count on getting much outside of your home resort if you want to travel in Oct.

As previously stated, it is best to have the use year start when you travel most, so Aug or Sept for you. I have Dec use year, and wish I had understood that before I bought.

Good luck with your learning and buying experience.
yes i know about free dining but i'm fine because we always do at least two weeks in Orlando, one in a value with free dining and the second in the past in International Drive's motel and this september we stayed one week room only in All Star Music so I plan to do in the future one week like always with free dining and parks tickets and the second week in DVC Hotel with car renting to eat off site and do universal, outlets and use our disney tickets from the first week

thanks for your reply
__________________
WDW
July 2000, March 2005, May 2006, September 2007, September 2008, September 2009, September 2010, September 2011, September 2013

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #9
Nabas
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosotisd View Post
Hello everyone,

i'm looking to buy 100 points in resale in AKL, the point is at 87$ and use years is december, do you think it's a good price ?

i always travel in september/october so do you think december UY is fine for me ?

the next annual fees will be due in January 2014 ?

It's easy to book value room in AKL for September/October ?

thanks for your reply
cheers
DVC resale prices are very high right now. For a 100-point AKV contract, asking prices start at $87/point today.

If the contract has all of its 2013 points and the seller is paying for these, then it's a good price at today's prices. If the contract doesn't have any 2013 points and your next points don't come until December 2014, then I suggest you should wait for something better.

If you typically go September/October, then December is just about the worst Use Year you could get. A December UY gives you no time to use your point if you can to cancel your vacation plans. Given your travel dates, try for a Use Year during the summer months.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
Nabas
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 305

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosotisd View Post
yes i know about free dining but i'm fine because we always do at least two weeks in Orlando, one in a value with free dining and the second in the past in International Drive's motel and this september we stayed one week room only in All Star Music so I plan to do in the future one week like always with free dining and parks tickets and the second week in DVC Hotel with car renting to eat off site and do universal, outlets and use our disney tickets from the first week

thanks for your reply
Since you stay at a Value Resort, DVC will be more expensive. I'll present a simplified example. Don't get hung up with the specific assumptions I make. This is just an exercise you suggest one way to think of it. Play with the numbers based on your assumptions. Also note that inflation has some effect but I'm ignoring that to keep the example simple.

Let's say you purchase your DVC at $87/point and closing costs add anther $5/point to the cost on your 100-point contract. Let's also assume you sell in 10 years at $60/point and pay a 10% commission. Let's also assume you do not finance. The total cost per point per year over 10 years would be $3.80/point ((87 + 5 - (60 - 6)) / 10).

Let's assume that, adjusted for inflation, today's AKV's $5.67/point annual Maintenance Fee (MF) remains relatively flat.

During the ten years, let's assume you always use roughly your 100 points per year for a 7-night stay. (For example, AKV Standard View Studio is 88 points per week in October while a Savannah View room is 116 points. So alternating between these two comes out to roughly 100 points per year.)

Adding the cost per point per year of the purchase to the annual MF, multiplying this by 100 points, and then dividing by 7 night means you're paying $135/night to stay at AKV ((($3.80 + $5.67) * 100) / 7).

Considering you always go in September or October, it will always cost you less to stay at a Value Resort or offsite. Throw in "Free Dining" (which can't be assumed in future years) and your DVC stay will be a lot more expensive,.

However, you'd be staying at a WDW Deluxe Resort.

So, is the extra cost worth it to you and your family?

Again, I've built in in a lot of assumptions. If you want to provide your own assumptions, I can enter these in an Excel spreadsheet and do a more detailed calculation for you.
Nabas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:47 AM   #11
chrisaman
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabas View Post
Since you stay at a Value Resort, DVC will be more expensive. I'll present a simplified example. Don't get hung up with the specific assumptions I make. This is just an exercise you suggest one way to think of it. Play with the numbers based on your assumptions. Also note that inflation has some effect but I'm ignoring that to keep the example simple.

Let's say you purchase your DVC at $87/point and closing costs add anther $5/point to the cost on your 100-point contract. Let's also assume you sell in 10 years at $60/point and pay a 10% commission. Let's also assume you do not finance. The total cost per point per year over 10 years would be $3.80/point ((87 + 5 - (60 - 6)) / 10).

Let's assume that, adjusted for inflation, today's AKV's $5.67/point annual Maintenance Fee (MF) remains relatively flat.

During the ten years, let's assume you always use roughly your 100 points per year for a 7-night stay. (For example, AKV Standard View Studio is 88 points per week in October while a Savannah View room is 116 points. So alternating between these two comes out to roughly 100 points per year.)

Adding the cost per point per year of the purchase to the annual MF, multiplying this by 100 points, and then dividing by 7 night means you're paying $135/night to stay at AKV ((($3.80 + $5.67) * 100) / 7).

Considering you always go in September or October, it will always cost you less to stay at a Value Resort or offsite. Throw in "Free Dining" (which can't be assumed in future years) and your DVC stay will be a lot more expensive,.

However, you'd be staying at a WDW Deluxe Resort.

So, is the extra cost worth it to you and your family?

Again, I've built in in a lot of assumptions. If you want to provide your own assumptions, I can enter these in an Excel spreadsheet and do a more detailed calculation for you.
Lets assume he is a billionare and only is joining so he can say he is a member.
chrisaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #12
myosotisd
Park fanatic
 
myosotisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 168

I stayed at values resort but now i want to stay in deluxe for a week, i visited AKL, Beach Club, Grand Californian in Anaheim... and really like them and dream to stay here but cannot offer every year.

I'm paying in € (no financing) (1€ give me 1,35$) so it's a good deal for me because i don't know in the future the value €/$

i made an offer for 85$ per point i will see if the buyer accept it

for the use year it's not a problem because i will not cancel and did not plan to go in 2014
__________________
WDW
July 2000, March 2005, May 2006, September 2007, September 2008, September 2009, September 2010, September 2011, September 2013

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:50 AM   #13
Dividends
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35

Off on a tangent


The promotion that ended oct 4th had pts as low as 128(1000) they are now priced at 138pt for a 1000.
Dividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #14
timandjanl
Mouseketeer
 
timandjanl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosotisd View Post
I stayed at values resort but now i want to stay in deluxe for a week, i visited AKL, Beach Club, Grand Californian in Anaheim... and really like them and dream to stay here but cannot offer every year. I'm paying in € (no financing) (1€ give me 1,35$) so it's a good deal for me because i don't know in the future the value €/$ i made an offer for 85$ per point i will see if the buyer accept it for the use year it's not a problem because i will not cancel and did not plan to go in 2014
It sounds like you already had your mind made up on some of the issues you asked about so I'm not sure why you wanted advice. Good luck with your offer. I hope everything goes well and that you get what you're looking for!

👍👍
__________________
Childhood - too many day trips to count! NYE 2006 - offsite. 2009 - SSR. 2012 - AoA. May 2014 - AKV

Proud DVC Owner at SSR
timandjanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #15
myosotisd
Park fanatic
 
myosotisd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lyon, France
Posts: 168

the seller sold today to an another brooker, i will continue to check i'm not hurry

thanks everyone for your advice, now i know that if i found an used year in the summer it will best for me

and i have others questions,if i need it's easy to rent points (throught a website i read 11$ per point min 95) ?

and to get Disney Grand Californian in Anaheim for few nights 7 months before in low season for ex September ?
__________________
WDW
July 2000, March 2005, May 2006, September 2007, September 2008, September 2009, September 2010, September 2011, September 2013

Disneycruise
Dream 2011, Fantasy 2013
myosotisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

DVC-Resales.com | 1-800-550-6493 (Contact The Timeshare Store) | DVC Resale Listings

facebooktwittergoogle plus youtube itunesDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.