Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2013, 06:26 PM   #11
cmwade77
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
I have no idea what app Disneyland will officially be using. I can tell you I have the "Disney Mobile Magic" and the "My Disney Experience" (WDW) app for my Samsung Galaxy SIII (S3). So both ARE available on the Android format. I just searched for "Disney Parks" and found them.

I am not sure what is out there for people from out of country, if your phones do not work here.... There are ways to buy smart phones on a "pay as you go" plan, so you just pay for the month you are in Disney.

If you cannot download the official app for whatever reason, or do not like it, or whatever, try non-Disney wait times apps. These will not be what CMs are using, so their return time may be different by a little (usually the wait times are common across the apps), but it will give you an idea.

I know this is not perfect, but I did want to post it as a suggestion and as another planning tool.
Unfortunately, the official one with Disneyland doesn't work on Android 4.2.2 or newer (such as on the Galaxy S4 or Note 3). I wish it did, but I have even tried getting the .APK file and installing it manually and all it gives is a white screen.

Believe me, it's very frustrating, as I will definitely need the official app to determine wait times to figure out what I want to go on and when.

The non-disney ones are ok, if they have enough people inputting times in the parks that day, doesn't work very well on super busy days, as many people can't get on data long enough to submit wait times. Hopefully this will improve as the parks improve their cellular infrastructure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: