Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #3691
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
They opened up November arrival dates for MB and FP+ yesterday, so it's worth trying again.

I assume that fairly soon they'll start using the final rolling 60 day window, rather than setting specific test dates.

Andre
Looking forward to when they open up early December... Should I be reading up on how to use FP+ ahead of time? If so, where do I find that info, please? Thank you!

Although not really looking forward to deciding which attraction we want and when for December a month or so out. Will there be any spontaneity left on a WDW trip?

This FP+ feels complicated.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:22 AM   #3692
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Will there be any spontaneity left on a WDW trip?
Not unless you have pre-booked and configured the Spontaneity add-on (*may be an extra charge) via MDE 160 exactly days in advance for each member of your party, for each day of your stay.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-25-2013, 06:27 AM   #3693
UK mum of 4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Not unless you have pre-booked and configured the Spontaneity add-on (*may be an extra charge) via MDE 160 exactly days in advance for each member of your party, for each day of your stay.

Andre
What's that add on? Not heard of it yet
Old 09-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #3694
NJRRK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK mum of 4

What's that add on? Not heard of it yet
Really? Really?!? REALLY?!!!?

I do hope you're kidding, if not - it's called sarcasm.

4/76 - offsite, 4/77 - CR, 4/78 - CR, 4/79 - FW Trailer, 5/80 - CR, 5/82 - Disney Inn, 12/82 - FW Trailer, 5/83 - DL California, 12/83 - CR, 9/84 - CR, 1/85 - CR, 3/88 - Disney Village suites (later Disney Institute, where SSR is now), 8/96 - DxL (POR), 8/07 - CR, 10/08 - CR Atrium
Old 09-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #3695
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:

Andre
Me thinks I'd better schedule all future trips during the slowest possible week at WDW. Of course, that means taking DGD out of school...her mama would not be happy with that plan.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #3696
UK mum of 4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRRK View Post

Really? Really?!? REALLY?!!!?

I do hope you're kidding, if not - it's called sarcasm.
Lol :-)
We have to keep people smiling :-)
Old 09-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #3697
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Still hoping for a full set of menu pics from the food court if that's possible? Just quick cameraphone snaps of each of the menus in turn would be pefect (anything you can do - breakfast, lunch or dinner - would be great).

Also the campfire area would be nice, I don't think we've seen a posting of what it looks like now?

Have a great time!

Andre
I hope you need pics or info when I'm there. I've lived on your website for a few years now and it's been an indescribably wonderful source of information (as well as a POFQ Addiction/withdrawal feeder) and I'd love to be able to 'give something back'

Somehow the last couple of years you seem to have managed to go just before me and didn't need anything lol
Old 09-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #3698
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post

I hope you need pics or info when I'm there. I've lived on your website for a few years now and it's been an indescribably wonderful source of information (as well as a POFQ Addiction/withdrawal feeder) and I'd love to be able to 'give something back'

Somehow the last couple of years you seem to have managed to go just before me and didn't need anything lol
Andre i am sure you will have these pictures soon but if for any reason you don't get them id be glad to take some in November for you no problem
Old 09-25-2013, 10:29 AM   #3699
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Thanks for the offers everyone. Photos and info updates are always very welcome, even if they just confirm that nothing has changed and everything is up to date. It's not so easy trying to make sure everything is accurate from 4,000 miles away.

That, and I can live vicariously through other peoples photos of beignets etc.

Andre

Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 09-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #3700
daveymc
Earning My Ears

We are at POFQ at the end of November and not sure how the magic band and FP+ will work for us.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays with park tickets and the free dining. Will we able to customise magic bands or is this just for people who book with disney.
Also another query regarding park tickets are they automatically registered against the reservation so we can reserve fast passes

Thanks for any help

Old 09-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #3701
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Yay finally.We ended up having to customize 2 sets of bands for a split stay in pofq. So we got green and red they will be our Xmas bands. And then we got pink and blue lol I'm excited. 50 years old and still rockin disney
Old 09-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #3702
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveymc View Post
We are at POFQ at the end of November and not sure how the magic band and FP+ will work for us.

We have booked through Virgin Holidays with park tickets and the free dining. Will we able to customise magic bands or is this just for people who book with disney.
Also another query regarding park tickets are they automatically registered against the reservation so we can reserve fast passes
MB and FP+ should be for all on-site guests, and yes your tickets should hopefully be linked to your reservation. You'll need to log in to your My Disney Experience account and then try to link your booking to the account - but I'm not sure how that works with Virgin reference numbers as I don't book via them... Maybe a good idea to ask in the British visitors forum?

Andre

Old 09-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #3703
Amanda999
Mouseketeer

new firepit (nightly marshmallow roast) at POFQ

Photos taken on official opening day (August 22, 2013) of the newly built firepit, for the nightly (weather permitting) marshmallow roast at POFQ. It is very nicely built firepit, and a scenic setting. Still all the free Jet Puffed marshmallows your parents let you have. Best deal at Disney.

It is in the courtyard in between buildings 4, 5 and 6. (Same place they have the nightly movie (unless it is raining - then they show a movie on the tv in the food court.) It is not at the river view location any longer.

(Hopefully below are two links, to two photos on photobucket.)

Old 09-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #3704
UK mum of 4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks for any help
You will need your disney reference number to link it to your my disney experience account. Virgin will be able to give it to you.
Happy planning
Old 09-25-2013, 05:04 PM   #3705
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:

Thanks for any help
If you booked a package with room, tickets and dining, when you link your reservation number as per UK Mum of 4's advice, it should put the whole package onto your MDE account, including tickets
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: