DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > Purchasing DVC
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 09:54 AM   #16
DenLo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhenry View Post
. . . .
*****Edited and added info****
We rented points from a someone and stayed at AKL, loved it. In the past I worked for Alaska Air, so we were annual pass holders for DLR so that is why we went to DLR so much. But honestly the last two trips to DLR was just crazy, the 2 parks were way to crowded and it just made it not very enjoyable. I think we will probably got to WDW almost every year, no plans next year to go to DLR but maybe in 2015. I have heard that DCL was a good option for using points for.
Is it better to buy from Disney? If so why?
I think people are missing this part. If you plan to mainly go to WDW, I wouldn't spend the extra money to buy into VGC. If you change your mind you could add on there later when more resale contracts go on the market.

Here is the rule about resale contracts:

Quote:
Members who purchase from anyone other than Disney Vacation Development, Inc., on or after March 21, 2011, will not be eligible to use those Vacation Points to make reservations within the Concierge Collection, the Disney Collection or the Adventurer Collection. Those Vacation Points will instead be valid only for reservations at Disney Vacation Club resorts, as well as for RCI® exchanges, Club Cordial and Club Intrawest.
So you can still do exchanges for some places but not anything owned by Disney (does not include DVC resorts) and the Concierge Collection.

I am one of those that believes in using my DVC points for DVC stays. And if possible we purchase resale as it's cheaper by large amount. And I prefer to buy where I want to stay so I can book as early as possible.

I truly don't know how to advise you on where to purchase (WDW or VGC) because it would depend on how often you might stay at VGC. It is getting more difficult to get a reservation there during certain times of the year. Right now with a 4 year old you could be flexible and go any time of the year. But later you will be going during school vacations or breaks.

DenLo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #17
calypso726
DIS Veteran

We are a family of 2, just me and DH. We have no kids and and won't be having any either. We live in Florida and therefore qualify for the Florida resident discounts that are offered at the Disney World resorts from time to time. I am sure your guide would have said it wouldn't be worth it for us either

Despite that, we own 1000 points between SSR, AKV and VGF. We are still in borrow mode and only use our points for DVC stays. Only you can determine if it is worth it for your situation. Crunch the numbers and compare. We did and still found we would save in the long run and enjoy better accommodations. Not only was it worth it for us, we still need more points

calypso726 is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: